Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I would actually like to see Qua stay.
    I would too unless we get a guy like Saunders with a similar game. Qua showed signs of improvement at the end of the year.

Comment

• Qua can get in the lane and finish. He had some really good games and shows promise. He’s also a defensive menace and can finish a fast break. I want to keep him.

Comment

• He gone.

Comment

• Wish him the best. I do think he was coming around at the end of the year. I feel like we have a good chance of Porter staying though now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wish him the best. I do think he was coming around at the end of the year. I feel like we have a good chance of Porter staying though now.
            I sure hope Porter does or we better hit a home run in the Portal.

We dont lose a ton with Grant. But we do lose an experienced ball handler and doesn't leave us with much outside of Porter.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

They will leave if Tyson leaves? They will stay if Tyson leaves? What?
              They will leave if Tyson stays.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

They will leave if Tyson stays.
                So we are starting to peel back the onion and see why this team maybe underperformed. There is obviously a cancer.

Comment

• TBH .. if we can keep it to just these 4 plus Etienne ... I actually think we have a chance at being better next year.

Comment

TBH .. if we can keep it to just these 4 plus Etienne ... I actually think we have a chance at being better next year.
                    I think it's time for TE to move on.

Comment

• I think we also improve if Mo goes. He and Ty have both run their course as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't think Qua leaving has any impact on what Porter's decision will be. I hope like hell he stays, but you never know. If he wants to Dance, his time is running out.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

TBH .. if we can keep it to just these 4 plus Etienne ... I actually think we have a chance at being better next year.
                        Possibly. I would like to include Mo on that list. I like him, but he also infuriates me.

But, a lot of that is predicated on who is replacing these guys. You have to get some legitimate D 1 transfers. Which IB has yet to get.

Comment

• Taylor said he thinks thats it for the short term. Likely wont hear additional until April or May if there are any.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Possibly. I would like to include Mo on that list. I like him, but he also infuriates me.

But, a lot of that is predicated on who is replacing these guys. You have to get some legitimate D 1 transfers. Which IB has yet to get.
                            Mo is Mo. While I obviously think there are better posts out there ... He's a net positive .. even if frustrating at times. If he can finally learn how to not go at a double/triple team, he could be really good. Without a definitive replacement for him, I don't mind him coming back. We have 5 open scholarships, so may depend on who we land there. Either way, we need to start transitioning minutes to Pohto as he learns the game more.

If Etienne is expected to not be back, that means we will have 6 scholarships to fill ... which leans me more towards hoping Mo comes back.

Though I'm sure Boatright is actively trying to funnel a couple of those scholarships into a raise for himself.

Comment

• There is still a chance that players can pull their name back which seems to be happening more and more and it really complicates things even further for coaching staffs. Why don’t they put some sort of window on this process, almost like a trade deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                There is still a chance that players can pull their name back which seems to be happening more and more and it really complicates things even further for coaching staffs. Why don’t they put some sort of window on this process, almost like a trade deadline?
                                The window is .. they can pull it back up until we fill their scholarship lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X