Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of luck to Qua. He had marginally improved as the season went on but he was still getting stuffed on drives to the basket. Again, seemed like a good kid, not a good fit for WSU and/or the AAC.

I think if TE decides to stay we will see a couple more guys move on. I really believe that was a source of a lot of tension on this team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Best of luck to Qua. He had marginally improved as the season went on but he was still getting stuffed on drives to the basket. Again, seemed like a good kid, not a good fit for WSU and/or the AAC.

I think if TE decides to stay we will see a couple more guys move on. I really believe that was a source of a lot of tension on this team this year.
      At minimum, I hope TE makes his decision early. No guard is going to want to transfer here if he thinks TE is coming back (since they know TE will get minutes and offensive focus). If TE drags it out, only to move on late in the process, we will be a really rough position. I want him to make the right decision for himself ... but lets be honest that it can't be drug out forever.

Comment

• my thoughts on why we need Mo to move on: yes, he is experienced and can be productive. He also likely expects to play 30 min a game next year. We need to recruit size and experience at that position. We aren't getting anyone if they perceive Mo will be coming back and taking the majority of the minutes. ok, so you say, "we don't want someone afraid of competition". It's not that, we just don't need the distraction of Mo when we need to be developing the next generation, i.e., Kenny Pohto and the new guy(s). Are we better with Mo? Perhaps we are, but in the long term, we're better if Kenny can play more and we can also start developing other players. Same thoughts on Tyson at the 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
          Just today so far, 40 players have entered the portal. It's a new day and a new way of doing things Shocker fans!
          It doesn’t matter if you’re a successful program/coach or not, 80% of all players who aren’t projected starters are going to transfer. Nobody wants to sit on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I think we also improve if Mo goes. He and Ty have both run their course as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't think Qua leaving has any impact on what Porter's decision will be. I hope like hell he stays, but you never know. If he wants to Dance, his time is running out.
            If Mo stays, he is the starting 5 and will be playing 25 minutes again next year. He isn't going to suddenly learn to pass out of triple teams and play smart. Sorry, but for us to be competitive in the AAC, we need bigger/better in that position. He would be fine coming off the bench for 10+ minutes, but that won't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Mo is Mo. While I obviously think there are better posts out there ... He's a net positive .. even if frustrating at times. If he can finally learn how to not go at a double/triple team, he could be really good. Without a definitive replacement for him, I don't mind him coming back. We have 5 open scholarships, so may depend on who we land there. Either way, we need to start transitioning minutes to Pohto as he learns the game more.

If Etienne is expected to not be back, that means we will have 6 scholarships to fill ... which leans me more towards hoping Mo comes back.

Though I'm sure Boatright is actively trying to funnel a couple of those scholarships into a raise for himself.
              Out of all the Seniors who decided to forego a Senior Night celebration, Mo was the one I thought would have gone through with it if he wasn't coming back. Four-year guy with the program who seems to love the crowd cheering his name. Dexter Dennis obviously comes to mind as well, but he seems to be a very lowkey person, so him skipping Senior Night was less surprising.

Comment

• So far so good. I am okay with MU staying if, I say if, IB can teach him not to force things and kick it out when doubled otherwise the team is better off without him. I am hoping QG's departure is a sign that CP is staying. I believe RC still has upside and it would best serve him to return and be the team's offensive leader / build his resume. If he tries to go pro too soon he will just end up over seas and if he tries to go to a dancing P5 school he could end up back on the bench. He will start here, play a lot of minutes and lead US to the dance providing IB can find a quality PF, decent big center and a dead eye shooter or two. I'd like to see MU and TE both declare asap so we know where we stand. Both may inhibit us from getting quality replacements.

Comment

• I have no idea what Tyson is thinking, but he needs to give up on the idea of being a PG, at least at WSU. If he comes back, stick him at the 2 and bring in a good backup PG. Tyson should be in a catch and shoot role only. I hope that message was conveyed to him by IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    my thoughts on why we need Mo to move on: yes, he is experienced and can be productive. He also likely expects to play 30 min a game next year. We need to recruit size and experience at that position. We aren't getting anyone if they perceive Mo will be coming back and taking the majority of the minutes. ok, so you say, "we don't want someone afraid of competition". It's not that, we just don't need the distraction of Mo when we need to be developing the next generation, i.e., Kenny Pohto and the new guy(s). Are we better with Mo? Perhaps we are, but in the long term, we're better if Kenny can play more and we can also start developing other players. Same thoughts on Tyson at the 2.
                    I agree, he shouldn't come back and expect 30+ min a game (if he can even do that without fouling out) ... but if he's willing to accept a more blended role with KP for the betterment of the team .. I'd welcome him back. I struggle to believe we will fill up all 5-6 scholarships with capable players so I don't think adding one more while getting rid of an experienced player would be a net positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

If Mo stays, he is the starting 5 and will be playing 25 minutes again next year. He isn't going to suddenly learn to pass out of triple teams and play smart. Sorry, but for us to be competitive in the AAC, we need bigger/better in that position. He would be fine coming off the bench for 10+ minutes, but that won't happen.
                      We have 5 or 6 scholarships to get bigger at that position whether Udeze stays or goes. If we get a home run transfer .. he's going to get minutes.

Comment

I agree, he shouldn't come back and expect 30+ min a game (if he can even do that without fouling out) ... but if he's willing to accept a more blended role with KP for the betterment of the team .. I'd welcome him back. I struggle to believe we will fill up all 5-6 scholarships with capable players so I don't think adding one more while getting rid of an experienced player would be a net positive.
                        He'd be a solid backup to Kenny. I hope IB thinks the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

He'd be a solid backup to Kenny. I hope IB thinks the same.
                          I'm not going to say backup .. but they are solid change of pace to each other. Both excel vs different types of players/teams. As long as we can admit that and use it to our advantage .. it can be a positive.

Comment

• One thing has become clear, we cannot compete with the top of the AAC with a 6'8" Center getting the majority of minutes. Plain and simple. That would be my message to Mo. Nothing personal, but that is the honest truth.

Comment

• Mo needs to go. I hope Dexter stays.

Comment

We have 5 or 6 scholarships to get bigger at that position whether Udeze stays or goes. If we get a home run transfer .. he's going to get minutes.
                                Going to be damn hard to recruit a a stud (which is what we need) knowing they will be mopping up minutes behind Mo. Like to see Pohto move over to the 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X