Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of Muma too. WSU will become a commuter school again, if the National attention that was gained from being a top basketball program goes away. No National attention, lower enrollment, fewer business connections, less money, SCK economy sinks into the abyss.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Why stop at Canada. One assistant for Canada, one for Australia/New Zealand, one for Europe and someone else with connections in Africa. We can hit the American kids on the portal as their one free transfer and just go mostly international.
      Yea .. but how will they recruit? I'm sure their budget will be a kayak they have to share to get to those countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea .. but how will they recruit? I'm sure their budget will be a kayak they have to share to get to those countries.
        Snowshoes and a dogsled for Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Snowshoes and a dogsled for Canada.
          Yes .. and have to hope that the Humane Society has some good dogs when you go on the recruiting trip.

Comment

• Have any of you who have donated to the coach's club, or champion's club or anything else to directly support basketball over the past 10 years heard from the athletic department about stepping up to help with NIL stuff? I can tell you how much I've heard. I'm baffled.

Comment

Recruiting those countries is more to do with connections and video, not actual travel.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Recruiting those countries is more to do with connections and video, not actual travel.
                Tis a joke :)

Comment

Tis a joke :)
                  Fair enough. It crossed my mind but figured better address it just in case. Had I paid attention to who I was actually responding to I may have just known
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• So...what do we have to look forward to now? Go Softball?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      So...what do we have to look forward to now? Go Softball?!
                      We are a softball school for sure.

Comment

We are a softball school for sure.
                        This is our chance to really get behind bowling.

Comment

• The amount of drain on the university from subsidies is really telling in the non revenue sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

All third- party revenue is ZERO

paying a huge amount to severance (seems beyond just HCGM)
                            Exactly, where is the rest of the severance going? Or is it one lump sum for Marshall all rolled into one year's books?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              Have any of you who have donated to the coach's club, or champion's club or anything else to directly support basketball over the past 10 years heard from the athletic department about stepping up to help with NIL stuff? I can tell you how much I've heard. I'm baffled.
                              No. But to be honest I wouldn't contribute to this dumpster fire anyway. Maybe IB can turn things around, but barely finishing above .500 last year is not giving me any confidence.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Exactly, where is the rest of the severance going? Or is it one lump sum for Marshall all rolled into one year's books?
                                The fact that it is $0 for FY 2020 tells me it's likely a lump sum for Marshall.

https://goshockers.com/documents/202...0.pdf?id=16070

EDIT: Also, look at line item 8 (contributions from individuals) in 2019 vs 2021. There's a $6M difference. Holy smokes.

https://goshockers.com/documents/202...9.pdf?id=13601
                                Last edited by Kel Varnsen; April 22, 2022, 10:43 AM.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X