No announcement yet.

Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacie Hoyt was just hired by Oklahoma State. Boy, would have been terrible to hire her.

Probably didn't check enough PC Boxes.

Comment

• It’s crazy to think about the timeline in all this. It’s frustrating now but this time last year we had just won the conference and it was going to be hard to not give the job to IB. In hindsight the only mistake was probably the size of the contract. I think many of us would have made the same decision as far as keeping IB in general though.

the fact that winning the conference was a problem is crazy to me. Had we been .500, we’d have probably hired someone new last year.

I’m still on board for another season but after next year I’ll probably be as done as some here already are.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Jacie Hoyt was just hired by Oklahoma State. Boy, would have been terrible to hire her.

An alumnae, young, head coach on the rise??

Clearly you’re not as smart as ADDB…
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Jacie Hoyt was just hired by Oklahoma State. Boy, would have been terrible to hire her.

She’s too purty for us. SMH!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• And in her days as a Shocker:

Jacie Hoyt (3) Guard - As a Freshman in 2007-08:  Started all 31 games for the Shockers, averaging 5.5 points and 2.3 assists per game at the point ... One

Congratulations to Jacie. What a great opportunity for her.

Comment

• To be fair to anyone in the current administration, with the way Jacie left WSU, she probably wouldn’t have ever come back here.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                To be fair to anyone in the current administration, with the way Jacie left WSU, she probably wouldn’t have ever come back here.
                What happen (for those who don’t know or can’t remember)?
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Jacie was a Jane Albright holdover and had a falling out with Jody Adams. Jacie seemed to be one of the first to imply that Jody had abusive tendencies.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I don't remember the exact details and not sure all details were known (at least to me) but Jacie got caught in a coaching change from Jane Albright (who recruited Jacie) and Jody Adams. Jace redshirted her first year at WSU and played her redshirt freshman year for Jane after which Jane was fired and Jody hired. Jacie played one year for Jody then transferred to Fort Hays State.

Jacie did have a lot of knee and ankle injures during her playing days but always battled back through those.

Whatever happened along the line I think Jacie is having the last laugh or at least the best laugh at this point.

Comment

• But nice guy Keitha Adams is getting paid a quarter mill a year to consistently put us in the cellar every year.

Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is this the Boatright thread? If so, here goes, if not move this post.

The only way I can see the whole Boatright and Marshall thing going down, considering that Boat's extension and raise had been in the works for a while before the ES/SM s**t hit the fan.

Boatright knew there was trouble coming and either he or Marshall was likely to be let go. To save his own butt, he probably went to whoever was Pres when he first hinted the problem and told the Pres that Marshall was going to be accused of abusing players. Then he probably went a step further and played the insubordination card. It was pretty obvious that Marshall controlled Boatright and that the employer/employee situation was upside down in the athletic department. That's pretty much the way it works in athletic departments with successful coaches. In administrative situations that inexperienced University Presidents exist, insubordination can't be tolerated.

Between the abuse allegations and the reported insubordination that Boat blew up the various Pres's asses, the situation was pretty much over before the investigation was complete. Marshall's offer to correct the problem was rejected because Boat had convinced the inexperienced guys above him that Marshall had to go. That would explain how Boat got an extension and a raise.

Had Marshall gone directly to Muma after Boat played the insubordination card, that would be verification that Boat was correct.

I'm not ready (yet) to throw Muma under the bus. I'd rather not throw Boat under the bus because there should be a train coming along pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

She’s too purty for us. SMH!

Yep. Smoke show!

Comment

• Sounds like ole Patty wouldn't be the only one needing a restraining order from the Athletic department if we hired Jacie

Comment

• I drafted an email directly to Darron, questioning some of his decisions, but ultimately didn't click send. Would this be a worthwhile endeavor at all? Genuinely curious if anyone has had any encounters with Darron -- what is he like in person? I've had one, and he came across as insecure? I try not to judge based on first impressions, though.

What is the best strategy to voice disdain for the AD and the current direction of the athletic department? Unlike some on this board, I've heard good things about Dr. Muma. Would he be an active listener if the masses lobbied legitimate complaints? I'd like to think so, but would other avenues be more fruitful?

Comment

• Give more money and you can probably get an audience

Comment

Working...
                                X