Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
    I drafted an email directly to Darron, questioning some of his decisions, but ultimately didn't click send. Would this be a worthwhile endeavor at all? Genuinely curious if anyone has had any encounters with Darron -- what is he like in person? I've had one, and he came across as insecure? I try not to judge based on first impressions, though.

What is the best strategy to voice disdain for the AD and the current direction of the athletic department? Unlike some on this board, I've heard good things about Dr. Muma. Would he be an active listener if the masses lobbied legitimate complaints? I'd like to think so, but would other avenues be more fruitful?
    You invested the time to author the email. Invest another .4 seconds to press send. I would cc other perceived leaders at the University however.

Comment

• Got my saso renewal. They wisely did not increase minimum contributions. Now let's see if they just roll it into season tickets after they get you locked in on saso

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

She’s too purty for us. SMH!

Solid hire. Hope she is successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Got my saso renewal. They wisely did not increase minimum contributions. Now let's see if they just roll it into season tickets after they get you locked in on saso
          May the force be with you. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do yet. We give a crap ton of money to the school every year. I'm done with the big stuff. Not sure about SASO and tickets yet. So sad that I feel this way. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Comment

• Last edited by shockerfan; April 22, 2022, 11:40 PM.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

May the force be with you. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do yet. We give a crap ton of money to the school every year. I'm done with the big stuff. Not sure about SASO and tickets yet. So sad that I feel this way. I'm sure I'm not alone.
              I said in the other thread. I'm lowering my donation to the bare minimum to keep my seats. I don't know the right balance to keep supporting the players but still send a message that they need to change the administration. Might send something similar to WichitaStateGuy above to Muma/Boatright. Ask them what their plans are and how can we know our donations are going towards something useful. How can we donate to specific projects if there are no project fundraising going on. I'd gladly funnel my donation for needed improvements for the basketball team, either to facilities improvements or to staff salaries ... and no the AD isn't considered a basketball staff.
              Last edited by Stickboy46; March 22, 2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• At this moment, my family and I are not renewing our tickets.

We aren’t the only ones we know who are doing the same.
                The Assman

Comment

• Everyone’s situation is different. And I’m not in any position to tell anyone what to do.

However I’ve pointed this out before and it’s worth saying again.

Maybe IB sucks. Boatright pretty clearly does.

One of the main things we have that others don’t - is support.

As long as I’m able to support Wichita State, I will. Because I feel like that community support, attendance, traveling, ect. is what sets us apart from so many others.

Blame whoever you’d like for last season, and you are probably right.

But this is a program that’s been to the NCAAs or the NIT in 17 of the last 20 seasons. Including one season ago without 3G.

That’s worth supporting.

I’ll be at CKA wearing yellow in November. I can’t blame you for voting with your dollars/feet. But that’s something I can help control, so I will.

I didn’t buy season tickets because I liked Boatright. I bought tickets because I love Wichita and Shocker basketball.
                  Last edited by ShockerExpress; March 22, 2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• I recall he said he’d leave his position if WSU brought back football. Sounds like a win/win situation,

Comment

• I plan to renew and upgrade my seats with the perceived non-renewals.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        Everyone’s situation is different. And I’m not in any position to tell anyone what to do.

As long as I’m able to support Wichita State, I will. Because I feel like that community support, attendance, traveling, ect. is what sets us apart from so many others.

But this is a program that’s been to the NCAAs or the NIT in 17 of the last 20 seasons. Including one season ago without 3G.

That’s worth supporting.

I’ll be at CKA wearing yellow in November. I can’t blame you for voting with your dollars/feet. But that’s something I can help control, so I will.

I didn’t buy season tickets because I liked Boatright. I bought tickets because I love Wichita and Shocker basketball.
                        Blind allegiance is exactly what the athletic department craves.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                          Everyone’s situation is different. And I’m not in any position to tell anyone what to do.

That’s worth supporting.

Just wondering if you were going to games when Cohen, Thompson and Randy Smithson were coaching? If you loved Shocker basketball during Turge and particularly Marshall I get it. But we are fast approaching the 90's and it wasn't fun.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Just wondering if you were going to games when Cohen, Thompson and Randy Smithson were coaching? If you loved Shocker basketball during Turge and particularly Marshall I get it. But we are fast approaching the 90's and it wasn't fun.
                            I was very young during the 90s and had no connection with WSU until I attended. What was the reason for having such a bad period that lasted for so long? Was there an issue with the university, or was it just bad coaching?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I was very young during the 90s and had no connection with WSU until I attended. What was the reason for having such a bad period that lasted for so long? Was there an issue with the university, or was it just bad coaching?
                              The athletic director was a moron and the coaches were not capable. Jim Schaus came in as AD and turned things around.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

The athletic director was a moron and the coaches were not capable. Jim Schaus came in as AD and turned things around.
                                We should bring him back to kick start this thing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X