Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

We should bring him back to kick start this thing again.
    The moron?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I was very young during the 90s and had no connection with WSU until I attended. What was the reason for having such a bad period that lasted for so long? Was there an issue with the university, or was it just bad coaching?
      Bad coaching and lack of leadership. Poor facilities added to the dreaded 90's.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Bad coaching and lack of leadership. Poor facilities added to the dreaded 90's.

Do you happen to have a gif of Jamie Arnold eating a hot dog in the stands during the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Do you happen to have a gif of Jamie Arnold eating a hot dog in the stands during the game?
          What an NIL deal this would have been.

Comment

Sorry, don't have access to that one...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              Everyone’s situation is different. And I’m not in any position to tell anyone what to do.

However I’ve pointed this out before and it’s worth saying again.

Maybe IB sucks. Boatright pretty clearly does.

One of the main things we have that others don’t - is support.

As long as I’m able to support Wichita State, I will. Because I feel like that community support, attendance, traveling, ect. is what sets us apart from so many others.

Blame whoever you’d like for last season, and you are probably right.

But this is a program that’s been to the NCAAs or the NIT in 17 of the last 20 seasons. Including one season ago without 3G.

That’s worth supporting.

I’ll be at CKA wearing yellow in November. I can’t blame you for voting with your dollars/feet. But that’s something I can help control, so I will.

I didn’t buy season tickets because I liked Boatright. I bought tickets because I love Wichita and Shocker basketball.
              Thank you....a voice of reason....

Comment

The moron?
                I was thinking Schaus, we already have a moron…or two.

Comment

Couldn't find a gif, but did find an article reminiscing about it lol

I remember that well.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/ne...le1041586.html
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Just wondering if you were going to games when Cohen, Thompson and Randy Smithson were coaching? If you loved Shocker basketball during Turge and particularly Marshall I get it. But we are fast approaching the 90's and it wasn't fun.
                    I did. Bought my first season tickets under Smithson. Was a student before.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Blind allegiance is exactly what the athletic department craves.
                      I am a shocker fan who supports shocker athletics and the kids who want to get an education here.

I already said I can’t blame people who vote with their feet.

But enough people do it, and you’re part of the problem you’re fighting, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Just wondering if you were going to games when Cohen, Thompson and Randy Smithson were coaching? If you loved Shocker basketball during Turge and particularly Marshall I get it. But we are fast approaching the 90's and it wasn't fun.
                        I started attending regularly in Fogler and up through the beginning of Marshall before I moved away. I will say this fan base is entitled now. Early on there was a lot of enthusiasm for Randy. People were over the moon for that 2003 NIT match up at Iowa State. Absolutely on fire for that Florida State 2004 NIT game. Heartbroken with that Vanderbilt breakaway in 2005. 2006 sweet sixteen and then another short lull before a pretty big rise under Marshall.

My point is our past decade is more the exception than the rule. We need to stand with the team, but demand accountability. I don't think Boatright and IB are the ones to meet the challenge any more than Tom Shupe and Mike Cohen were. However, if I lived in Wichita I'd use these empty seats and $5 tickets as an opportunity to support the team on game day.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I started attending regularly in Fogler and up through the beginning of Marshall before I moved away. I will say this fan base is entitled now. Early on there was a lot of enthusiasm for Randy. People were over the moon for that 2003 NIT match up at Iowa State. Absolutely on fire for that Florida State 2004 NIT game. Heartbroken with that Vanderbilt breakaway in 2005. 2006 sweet sixteen and then another short lull before a pretty big rise under Marshall.

My point is our past decade is more the exception than the rule. We need to stand with the team, but demand accountability. I don't think Boatright and IB are the ones to meet the challenge any more than Tom Shupe and Mike Cohen were. However, if I lived in Wichita I'd use these empty seats and $5 tickets as an opportunity to support the team on game day.
                          Exactly agree.

Except if we’re being real, the 80s, 2000s and 2010s were all pretty darn good. I think the 90s are the exception.

13 NCAAs, 9 NITs in those 30 years. Plus the tournament success.

90s were obviously dark days.

Comment

• “To whom much is given, much is expected.”

HCIB, ADDB, and UPRM have all been entrusted and compensated very well to keep the program at the level it has been.

Failure to do so is reason enough to be called out.

I will not apologize for that.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I am a shocker fan who supports shocker athletics and the kids who want to get an education here.

I already said I can’t blame people who vote with their feet.

But enough people do it, and you’re part of the problem you’re fighting, imo.
                              The goal of an athletic department is ultimately to make money. If everybody continues to support what ever product is put out by the department, the department has succeeded and will not change a thing. Because again, the goal is to make money.

Of course I support the athletes and innocent bystanders but just standing around and waiting for something to change will result in ZERO change. Emails and letters won’t do poop. Sorry.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I agree. I do not equate deciding to not buy tickets to not supporting the team. I think you can support the team and program and still choose to withhold monetary support because you do not agree with how the administration is utilizing those funds.

Comment

Working...
                                X