Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well, it was reported on here that Muma (with husband) was seen at basketball games, so must know the difference between those two things.
    I’ll alert you next time I post sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I like Que's talent much better than Joe's. I don't know if Que is just not fitting in as the point guard in this offense, or if he just needs time to adjust to the Div. 1 game. My feeling is that he needs adjustment time, and he can be good. But he only has one more year.
      I agree that Qua might be way better in his second year but not sure this coach can get him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the lady that died last night was a classmate and forever friend of mine
        She's the mother of one of my best friends. Insanely sweet lady. It's devastating.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

I’ll alert you next time I post sarcasm.
          You sarcastic too?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

She's the mother of one of my best friends. Insanely sweet lady. It's devastating.
            What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

What happened?
              Car accident around 6pm last night. From what I've been told she died instantly which I guess is the only good part. Been friends with her youngest son for nearly 25 years now. There's a group of 4 guys who've been pretty close for a long time and he's one of the four and obviously going thru a lot right now.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Car accident around 6pm last night. From what I've been told she died instantly which I guess is the only good part. Been friends with her youngest son for nearly 25 years now. There's a group of 4 guys who've been pretty close for a long time and he's one of the four and obviously going thru a lot right now.
                So sorry to hear that, Sub. Prayers for you and your friends.

Comment

• So sorry to hear, as well…. Makes squawking about hoops seem pretty trivial… blessings to you

Comment

• Not sure if this belongs here but my thoughts:

Transfers are awful, Que ought to be BBQ because he gets roasted too often. Joe is a nothing burger. Seems like talent eval is sorely lacking.

Lack of size. Some of this iin my mind is 3G's fault, I remember the last couple years he was here he was saying we needed to have 6' 5" to 6'7" players who could play every position. As a result we get Udeze giving up 3-4" and he actually looks like a midget compared to the size of their peers. what we need is some size up front.

Lack of athleticism. We are at least a step slower than Memphis, that was a real embarrassing beatdown. Why cant we recruit quick players?

Team looks soft, I believe this is a reflection of our coach who would seem (based obn the teams performance) to be a nice guy who got in over his head

I really like Kenny Pohto, but can we realistically keep him if the rest of the team is so lousy? I'd like to see Pohto and Udeze on the floor together

Seems like our fans can talk a good game, and arent too crazy about the SB newcomers. We arent even in the upper half of the SB right now. My only complaint is the inclusion of Rice in the invitees. They've been consistently bad for years, the only thing they add to the conference is an ass for UTSA to kick in football.

I hope the problem can be fixed, but I'm glad I can fill my time with rehabbing because this team is not worth watching .

Best of luck to alll you and I will keep watching this year, but based on performance, I doubt much if we will be on national TV much (starting next season) until the problem is fixed

Comment

• 3G loved the “combo guard”. I’d rather have a PG and SG, being good at one thing is better than being average at both.

Comment

• I don't mind combo guards, as long as we have at least one legit PG on the roster and we usually had at least one if not two with 3G. We had a long line of pretty good PGs with Hannah, Ragland, Armstead and VanVleet,

We also had some good CGs like Murry, DWill, Baker, Cotton, Shamet, Frankamp, Reaves, Haynes-Jones, Etienne.

There were some other PGs that were brought in that didn't work out or worked out elsewhere like a Noah Fernandez or Burton or the unfortunate medical situation of DJ Bowles. But there are places for both on rosters.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't mind combo guards, as long as we have at least one legit PG on the roster and we usually had at least one if not two with 3G. We had a long line of pretty good PGs with Hannah, Ragland, Armstead and VanVleet,

We also had some good CGs like Murry, DWill, Baker, Cotton, Shamet, Frankamp, Reaves, Haynes-Jones, Etienne.

There were some other PGs that were brought in that didn't work out or worked out elsewhere like a Noah Fernandez or Burton or the unfortunate medical situation of DJ Bowles. But there are places for both on rosters.
                          This is not a comment on pure PG vs CG discussion, but I just noticed that 5 of the 10 former guards you listed either played or are playing in the NBA. Pretty good run there. I was trying to think of a similar run during my lifetime and I was thinking of Elmore (drafted bud sadly died before playing in NBA I think), Cheese, Cliff, Carr, Ozell, and X. Incredibly I don’t think any guards made it during that time but may be mistaken. That was a bit longer timeframe than the stretch of guards. Would be nice to start a stretch where we mix guards and bigs at the same time…worked out well with FVV, Ron, and Cle!

Comment

I don't mind combo guards, as long as we have at least one legit PG on the roster and we usually had at least one if not two with 3G. We had a long line of pretty good PGs with Hannah, Ragland, Armstead and VanVleet,

This! When Marshall had his most successful teams, the issue wasn't a combo guard. If you have a true pg, and I mean a TRUE pg, having a CG as your backup is not a bad idea. All they have to do is spell the true PG for 5-10 minutes per game.

Comment

• Demetric Williams filled that CG team player role perfectly

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Demetric Williams filled that CG team player role perfectly
                                What I would give for Demetric right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X