X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post

Aren't those schools in CUSA?
    ****!!! You're right.

Don't listen to me, I don't know what the hell SB is then unless someone mixed up the Belt and CUSA.

I knew that too. I feel dumb
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

SB = Sun Belt in the quoted sentence. That would include North Texas, UAB, Rice, UT-San Antonio, Florida Atlantic and Charlotte. And yes, some of them are better than us right now.

I usually refer to the Sun Belt as simply the Belt.

Otherwise we might accidentally insult Shock Band of SB Shock and we don't want that. Is Shock Band still around? He hooked me up with a ticket once many moons ago.
      Saw him not too long ago on here.

The best part about SN is those that continue to pay it forward. Many moons ago I got hooked up with some tickets. Some time after that I hooked ShockBand up with some tickets. After that, he apparently hooked you up with tickets.

#community

Comment

• Attendance is a direct correlation to success of the program. The program is very much unsuccessful in multiple facets, so attendance is wayyyyy down.

People (looking at you MK) like to call the fans fickle and yada yada yada. No, the fans know when they are being crapped on. This is one of the highest Bball IQ fan bases in the country. When the Athletic Dept turns out a product like this after a series of decisions that the fan base called out as bad, they can’t not know why people aren’t supporting them. It’s because the AD and university makes stupid decision after stupid stunt and people are weary of it.

Yes, there would be 10,508 people rocking CKA if the team was winning, because winning is indicative of good leadership and good decisions.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Saw him not too long ago on here.

The best part about SN is those that continue to pay it forward. Many moons ago I got hooked up with some tickets. Some time after that I hooked ShockBand up with some tickets. After that, he apparently hooked you up with tickets.

#community
          Is everyone hooking up?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is everyone hooking up?
            Let's hope so!!!

Comment

• Especially as cold as it is in Alaska, hope you got someone to keep you warm.

FYI, I might have some great seats to game in New Orleans. Will know this weekend.

Comment

Attendance is a direct correlation to success of the program. The program is very much unsuccessful in multiple facets, so attendance is wayyyyy down.

People (looking at you MK) like to call the fans fickle and yada yada yada. No, the fans know when they are being crapped on. This is one of the highest Bball IQ fan bases in the country. When the Athletic Dept turns out a product like this after a series of decisions that the fan base called out as bad, they can’t not know why people aren’t supporting them. It’s because the AD and university makes stupid decision after stupid stunt and people are weary of it.

Yes, there would be 10,508 people rocking CKA if the team was winning, because winning is indicative of good leadership and good decisions.
                Didn't I read that ticket prices went way up this year? If so, I wonder why DB isn't considering that as part of the problem. Self Infliction maybe.

Comment

• Tickets and SASO cost have not increased for at least the last 3 seasons. Multiple reasons people a aren’t coming to games. Marshall is no longer the coach, the team isn’t very good, IB doesn’t show any emotion on the sidelines, the non-con teams were not very attractive, COVID.

Comment

Attendance is a direct correlation to success of the program. The program is very much unsuccessful in multiple facets, so attendance is wayyyyy down.

One of the best posts in a season of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                      Tickets and SASO cost have not increased for at least the last 3 seasons. Multiple reasons people a aren’t coming to games. Marshall is no longer the coach, the team isn’t very good, IB doesn’t show any emotion on the sidelines, the non-con teams were not very attractive, COVID.
                      I agree. I could have sworn I read prices went up.
                      my bad.

Comment

We would have more fans for sure, but I’m only guessing still only 8k butts in seats on a good night. There’s just too many things working against college basketball at the present time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We would have more fans for sure, but I’m only guessing still only 8k butts in seats on a good night. There’s just too many things working against college basketball at the present time.
                          There is truth to this. A good team would have “sellouts” but I think it would take a KU/Duke type opponent to have Super Bowl ticket demand again…

…so basically when hell freezes over.
                          78-65

Comment

• I would like to see a new college athletics association formed. Let's the money schools stay in the NCAA as it is and bring in everyone else to the new association. Regionalize leagues to keep expenses down, lower ticket prices so families an afford to go. Make all players sign a 3 yr commitment to the school and give them a small stipend ( say 800/mo. Max.) If they break contract for any reason other than medical, they pay back their scholarship expenses.
                            This may sound harsh In this day and age.
                            I could see maybe 30-40 schools max, stay in this NIL crap NCAA, Meaning you would get about 300 schools ready to get back to STUDENT athletes.
                            Plus I think you would see a better brand of hoops and more player pride in their school and team.

Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              "The ticket scans for this season have also revealed that fewer fans are coming as the season has gone on. Over 5,000 fans showed up to each of the non-conference games – excluding the game against Norfolk State (4,743 ticket scans). Since AAC play started, WSU drew the most for the New Year’s Day clash with Memphis with 4,298 fans."

It's bonkers to me that more people showed up to see WSU play Norfolk State (!!!) than Memphis. The article says that winning is the solution to attendance, and I largely agree, but going into the Memphis game the Shocks were 9-3 with losses to Arizona, Kansas State, and North Texas. It's not like the season was off the rails on January 1st.
                              Dude, did you watch the KState and North Texas games? For that matter did you watch the wins? It was off the rails alright.

Comment

• Consistently blowing double digit leads at home is going to keep fans at home watching from the comfort of their La-Z-Boys. I'm not going to make any judgements on Muma yet, but he has to be able to see that BB funds the entire athletic department, and right now basketball, and the athletic department, is circling the drain.

There's no way to know if a change would correct the problem, but it is obvious that not making a change could destroy the athletic department. The only options I see are to take a chance and make some changes or let the status quo potentially bankrupt the athletic department.

Worst case scenarios of making a change or not making a change are identical. Even mediocre scenarios of making some changes are better than not making a change. Not making a change seems destined to approach or reach a worst case scenario.

Timing is horrible. Boatright's contract goes through June. Difficult to replace IB after June even if DB is replaced and funds are found.
                                Last edited by WuTheOne; January 21, 2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X