Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

It was his choice, he chose to lie about it, ask Ron Baker.
    You should see a doctor. I think your hate boner has been raging for much longer than four hours. Might be time for some aspiration decompression.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      You know I bet these players want to be coached by the guy who gives them the best chance to win. When comparing the two. Glory feels a lot better than shame even if I get yelled at in practice.
      Disagree. They want to be coached by someone who is nice and willing to let dawgs be dawgs.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You should see a doctor. I think your hate boner has been raging for much longer than four hours. Might be time for some aspiration decompression.
        I have gained very little from this thread , except for the disturbing phrase “ hate boner”….

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I guess it comes down to character. It is also completely insane to pretend GM is the victim here. I agree the situation should have been handled better, but GM brought the situation on himself.
          Never said he was the victim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

If you put it into perspective that money did little to nothing to enhance the lives of the Marshall family considering what they already had.
            That is seriously one of the most asinine things I’ve read on here in a while and that includes Clods covid vomit.

Comment

• All I need to prove that the Shaq incident did happen is understanding that if the incident did not happen then Marshall would still be at WSU.

All I need to prove that the Shaq incident did happen is the all-player meeting the following day where Marshall apologized to Shaq after being confronted by FVV. If the incident did not happen, then what the hell did FVV confront him about and what was Marshall apologizing for?

All I need to prove that the Shaq incident (and others) both happened and were covered up for by the university is the settlement amount given to Marshall to go away. If it happened and the university did not know about it, then Marshall is gone for cause and the university doesn't have to pay a dime.

And I'm guessing a lot of you would crumble like a btch if Marshall hit you in the back of the head.

Marshall did this to himself. You're a moron if you think he wasn't capable of doing it based on the evidence we've all seen. I've seen and heard more than what's been public, including Boatright sequestering Marshall in an empty room to "cool off" after a loss on the road before he tears into the team.

Marshall was an asshole who's time had come. The team was on a downward tragectory, players were leaving in droves, and the recruits were catching wind.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                All I need to prove that the Shaq incident did happen is understanding that if the incident did not happen then Marshall would still be at WSU.

All I need to prove that the Shaq incident did happen is the all-player meeting the following day where Marshall apologized to Shaq after being confronted by FVV. If the incident did not happen, then what the hell did FVV confront him about and what was Marshall apologizing for?

All I need to prove that the Shaq incident (and others) both happened and were covered up for by the university is the settlement amount given to Marshall to go away. If it happened and the university did not know about it, then Marshall is gone for cause and the university doesn't have to pay a dime.

And I'm guessing a lot of you would crumble like a btch if Marshall hit you in the back of the head.

Marshall did this to himself. You're a moron if you think he wasn't capable of doing it based on the evidence we've all seen. I've seen and heard more than what's been public, including Boatright sequestering Marshall in an empty room to "cool off" after a loss on the road before he tears into the team.

Marshall was an asshole who's time had come. The team was on a downward tragectory, players were leaving in droves, and the recruits were catching wind.

Comment

All I need to prove that the Shaq incident did happen is understanding that if the incident did not happen then Marshall would still be at WSU.

Uh, yep. I was pretty much equally considering both sides of the story until Baker said that Marshall crossed the line. That took some enormous cojones and Baker knew that if he said that he would be GM's lifetime enemy. That's a huge step to take for a guy that played for Marshall 4 years and was one of the heroes of Marshall's successful tourney runs.

If I have a choice of believing Ron Baker or believing a coach who had to be restrained from attacking referees in Canada and got barred from ever playing in Canada again because of his outburst, I'm going to go with the small town Kansas guy who has been pretty level-headed about everything his entire public career.

Even if Baker didn't directly witness the event, if he chose to believe the player who reported it rather than his coach who denied it, that says a lot.
                  Last edited by WuTheOne; January 5, 2022, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• I tell you, ShockerNet never lacks for entertainment!

LOL
                    The Assman

Comment

• The people who are so shocked and on their high horses about the punch in the back never played football or basketball for a good coach in the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s. I guess we were a little tougher then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        The people who are so shocked and on their high horses about the punch in the back never played football or basketball for a good coach in the 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s. I guess we were a little tougher then.
                        'Tougher'? Interesting..... my parents were 100% coach/teacher backers, but if one of them would have hit me, things would have changed....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

'Tougher'? Interesting..... my parents were 100% coach/teacher backers, but if one of them would have hit me, things would have changed....
                          If my kid is screwing around and a teacher or coach smacks them in the back of the head to get their attention or get them to stop - I have ZERO issues with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

If my kid is screwing around and a teacher or coach smacks them in the back of the head to get their attention or get them to stop - I have ZERO issues with that.
                            Happened to me. I was jacking around at football practice at Wichita South in early 80s. "Wild" Bill Oswalt hauled off and hit me in the back of my helmet so hard it twisted sideways so I was damn near looking out my ear hole. Guess what, it worked. No more dickin' around at practice.

Didn't even decide 5 years later that it hurt my feelings.

Different times.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Happened to me. I was jacking around at football practice at Wichita South in early 80s. "Wild" Bill Oswalt hauled off and hit me in the back of my helmet so hard it twisted sideways so I was damn near looking out my ear hole. Guess what, it worked. No more dickin' around at practice.

Didn't even decide 5 years later that it hurt my feelings.

Different times.
                              Yep. Now kids can’t even be around someone with a different opinion. I fear for our country.

Comment

Well at least we have a nice players coach now. It's all sunshine and roses and everyone gets to participate.

Comment

Working...
                                X