X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Interesting read from the Sunflower…

https://thesunflower.com/59961/sport...cW5dXLjns3IkTQ
    Attendance is worse than I thought. It's always been hard to judge by eye, at least for me, but the fact that we're averaging under 5k is telling.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

SB = Sun Belt in the quoted sentence. That would include North Texas, UAB, Rice, UT-San Antonio, Florida Atlantic and Charlotte. And yes, some of them are better than us right now.

I usually refer to the Sun Belt as simply the Belt.

Otherwise we might accidentally insult Shock Band of SB Shock and we don't want that. Is Shock Band still around? He hooked me up with a ticket once many moons ago.
      Paging Royal.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• So will any TBT game at CKA outdraw any regular season Shockers MBB game this year?
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Paging Royal.
          I'm guessing Shock Band has to at least be lurking around here, staying in the shadows.

Comment

Attendance is worse than I thought. It's always been hard to judge by eye, at least for me, but the fact that we're averaging under 5k is telling.
            That surprises me, too. From the games I've been to, I would have guessed around 6500. But those empty seats scattered around the more populated sections must really add up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
              So will any TBT game at CKA outdraw any regular season Shockers MBB game this year?
              Yes, all of them

Comment

• "The ticket scans for this season have also revealed that fewer fans are coming as the season has gone on. Over 5,000 fans showed up to each of the non-conference games – excluding the game against Norfolk State (4,743 ticket scans). Since AAC play started, WSU drew the most for the New Year’s Day clash with Memphis with 4,298 fans."

It's bonkers to me that more people showed up to see WSU play Norfolk State (!!!) than Memphis. The article says that winning is the solution to attendance, and I largely agree, but going into the Memphis game the Shocks were 9-3 with losses to Arizona, Kansas State, and North Texas. It's not like the season was off the rails on January 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So your saying muma is a qui......er...gay?
                  hummmm. Great leader of men....I mean, limp wristed, sweet, pretty boys.

Go ahead and attack me. Thats my view of which I'm entitled to voice.. Oh crap, maybe not anymore.
                  That you focus on this with all the **** that's going on with this team says more about you than anyone else. But sure, it's your right to sit and think about what other dudes do in the privacy of their own home. That's not weird at all.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    Remember last summer when we couldn't wait for the season to start? Now we can't wait for it to be over.
                    as bad as it seems, I still like seeing how it plays out and will be in Ft Worth in March

Comment

As much as the team is underperforming, I think attendance has more to do with Covid and the year (mostly) without fans than it does the team. Attendance has been down all year, even the first few home games when we were winning. It's not just WSU, either; attendance is down nationwide.

I'm sure the team's play is doing its part to the attendance figures, but it's not like it started the season off great, either.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

As much as the team is underperforming, I think attendance has more to do with Covid and the year (mostly) without fans than it does the team. Attendance has been down all year, even the first few home games when we were winning. It's not just WSU, either; attendance is down nationwide.

I'm sure the team's play is doing its part to the attendance figures, but it's not like it started the season off great, either.
                        If we’re were a Top 10 or 25 team, the seats would be full

#Facts
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          "The ticket scans for this season have also revealed that fewer fans are coming as the season has gone on. Over 5,000 fans showed up to each of the non-conference games – excluding the game against Norfolk State (4,743 ticket scans). Since AAC play started, WSU drew the most for the New Year’s Day clash with Memphis with 4,298 fans."

It's bonkers to me that more people showed up to see WSU play Norfolk State (!!!) than Memphis. The article says that winning is the solution to attendance, and I largely agree, but going into the Memphis game the Shocks were 9-3 with losses to Arizona, Kansas State, and North Texas. It's not like the season was off the rails on January 1st.
                          9-3 but even of those 9, mostly against bad teams, we looked like crap. Memphis had the horses to run us out of the gym, and they did.

It really is hard to justify going to so many games for so many people when it's just bad basketball. Covid definitely plays a part, but I really don't want to repeatedly shell out money and three hours of my time to go watch bad, boring basketball. And that's what they give us more often than not. At least at home I have access to the whiskey and anything else I want to eat and drink. Plus it means more time with my girls, which is always good.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Guessing the product on the floor has more to do with attendance than you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

as bad as it seems, I still like seeing how it plays out and will be in Ft Worth in March
                              I have a friend that has mentioned going to Ft. Worth for the tournament. Though after the last game, he finally started to sound more dejected about what's going on with the program so we'll see what happens. If he and his fiance want to go, I'll probably be down there with them. Though just thinking about it I'm more excited about exploring the DFW area than I am of watching Shocker basketball.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

SB = Sun Belt in the quoted sentence. That would include North Texas, UAB, Rice, UT-San Antonio, Florida Atlantic and Charlotte. And yes, some of them are better than us right now.

I usually refer to the Sun Belt as simply the Belt.

Otherwise we might accidentally insult Shock Band of SB Shock and we don't want that. Is Shock Band still around? He hooked me up with a ticket once many moons ago.
                                Aren't those schools in CUSA?

Comment

Working...
                                X