2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This team can no longer ruin my day or weekend as expectations for them have fallen way too low.

Hard to feel too bad anymore when a bad team performs badly and loses as expected. I'll be mildly surprised if any real improvement is shown. Like an offense that isn't all about dribbling and jacking up 30+ three point shits while hitting fewer than 25: Or if the team actually has more assists than turnovers. Or if players get pulled for doing the same boneheaded **** time and time again no matter what the name on the back of the jersey says. Because apparently that name now has more value in this program than the one on the front.

Too bad this game isn't at the same time as the Chiefs game so I had an excuse to just not waste my time with it.
    Problem is that if you pull the guys who do stupid stuff, the only option is to replace them with other guys who do stupid stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Problem is that if you pull the guys who do stupid stuff, the only option is to replace them with other guys who do stupid stuff.
      You still keep pulling them. I'm not saying they can't re-enter the game. But letting them just keep going and not addressing it in any way obviously isn't working.

I don't usually feel this strongly about mistakes. They happen and some players know and can work through it and adjust. This team hasn't shown that ability as they keep doing the same dumb **** over and over. Is that because there's zero accountability and they have no fear of making mistakes? Do they or the coaching staff simply not see these mistakes as mistakes so it's not addressed? These mistakes have gotten to the point where they're not even mistakes, they're bad habits that aren't being dealt with.

There should be nothing wrong with pulling a player that's done something dumb. Addressing that player and letting him know he did something dumb and he needs to stop doing it. Then letting that player go back into the game and hopefully he realizes he can't do that same dumb thing again and again. If he does, then he sits longer.

Not all mistakes are equal. Some guys make mistakes because of effort and that happens. You're trying hard and you just go too far with something. But again, you hope they realize it. Habitual mistakes by guys who play a lot are more troublesome as they should know better. That's poor decision making. Mistakes by guys who aren't given many opportunities are a little more forgivable as sometimes you have to learn what you can and can't do. They still need addressed, but are learning on the job a bit and can be more forgivable.

Tyson or Mo making the same mistakes repeatedly is not the same as Jackson making mistakes due to some over effort or Jenkins or Pohto making mistakes because they're young and don't get the court time to learn as much. All need addressed in some way, but they're not equal. You expect more out of your upper classmen and starters than guys who are on the end of the bench and don't get the minutes. And it's apparent that there's not much learning going on in practice.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You still keep pulling them. I'm not saying they can't re-enter the game. But letting them just keep going and not addressing it in any way obviously isn't working.

I don't usually feel this strongly about mistakes. They happen and some players know and can work through it and adjust. This team hasn't shown that ability as they keep doing the same dumb **** over and over. Is that because there's zero accountability and they have no fear of making mistakes? Do they or the coaching staff simply not see these mistakes as mistakes so it's not addressed? These mistakes have gotten to the point where they're not even mistakes, they're bad habits that aren't being dealt with.

There should be nothing wrong with pulling a player that's done something dumb. Addressing that player and letting him know he did something dumb and he needs to stop doing it. Then letting that player go back into the game and hopefully he realizes he can't do that same dumb thing again and again. If he does, then he sits longer.

Not all mistakes are equal. Some guys make mistakes because of effort and that happens. You're trying hard and you just go too far with something. But again, you hope they realize it. Habitual mistakes by guys who play a lot are more troublesome as they should know better. That's poor decision making. Mistakes by guys who aren't given many opportunities are a little more forgivable as sometimes you have to learn what you can and can't do. They still need addressed, but are learning on the job a bit and can be more forgivable.

Tyson or Mo making the same mistakes repeatedly is not the same as Jackson making mistakes due to some over effort or Jenkins or Pohto making mistakes because they're young and don't get the court time to learn as much. All need addressed in some way, but they're not equal. You expect more out of your upper classmen and starters than guys who are on the end of the bench and don't get the minutes. And it's apparent that there's not much learning going on in practice.
        This all sounds like COACHING. Often times, it's something that a COACH does.

Comment

Yeah, because Mo's not putting out any effort. And if he'd just quit trying to be Magic on some of those break-outs, eh, and let the underclassmen take the lead? Maybe starting one of the younger guys in the post will make WSU a better team...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah, because Mo's not putting out any effort. And if he'd just quit trying to be Magic on some of those break-outs, eh, and let the underclassmen take the lead? Maybe starting one of the younger guys in the post will make WSU a better team...
            What the **** are you talking about?
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Has there been one instance this season where a starter and/or upper class man got pulled and sat for awhile due to repeated mistakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This all sounds like COACHING. Often times, it's something that a COACH does.
                Oh God. We can’t have that!!
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

This team can no longer ruin my day or weekend as expectations for them have fallen way too low.

Hard to feel too bad anymore when a bad team performs badly and loses as expected. I'll be mildly surprised if any real improvement is shown. Like an offense that isn't all about dribbling and jacking up 30+ three point shits while hitting fewer than 25%. Or if the team actually has more assists than turnovers. Or if players get pulled for doing the same boneheaded **** time and time again no matter what the name on the back of the jersey says. Because apparently that name now has more value in this program than the one on the front.

Too bad this game isn't at the same time as the Chiefs game so I had an excuse to just not waste my time with it.
                  I actually got a pretty good laugh looking at the Phog earlier on. They are basically acting like entitled brats because WSU has a pair of CBS games and then went on to cover how our program has appeared to have gone dormant. It’s funny cause with the FBI probe cases supposedly wrapping up by April, KU could be joining us in the.. Wait a minute, it will be more like we will be in the dormant realm next year, they will be in the clink serving a 2-3 year sentence lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Has there been one instance this season where a starter and/or upper class man got pulled and sat for awhile due to repeated mistakes?
                    Pretty sure the answer to that is, NO!
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Has there been one instance this season where a starter and/or upper class man got pulled and sat for awhile due to repeated mistakes?
                      Ricky Council got pulled a couple of games ago after back to back turnovers. That was the first time I noticed such a thing this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Ricky Council got pulled a couple of games ago after back to back turnovers. That was the first time I noticed such a thing this season.
                        It literally happens every game. The guys not playing much have been pretty horrific at executing the simple stuff / game plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

It literally happens every game. The guys not playing much have been pretty horrific at executing the simple stuff / game plan.
                          Yeah I definitely don't pay attention to it that closely, I just distinctly remember that occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Sad thing is, so are the guys playing a lot.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sad thing is, so are the guys playing a lot.
                              All this time I thought the game plan was let dawgs be dawgs.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

All this time I thought the game plan was let dawgs be dawgs.
                                I guess it's only some dawgs.

Just ignore their dawg ****
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X