No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason Tulsa matches up against Memphis every year. I have no clue how they do it but they still suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      Tulsa doesn't have a target on their back. WSU's regular season championship last year didn't set well with a lot of programs. Those programs are out to prove a point this year and have all the bulleting board material in the locker room they will ever need.
      Now that is an excuse I hadn't thought of.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        How tough is it for a coach to tell a team that WSU took the title they deserved because of the games they didn't get to play against WSU?
        The answer is easy Penny. You played chickensh!t and wouldn't play the WSU game or your own team had Covid issues. It wasn't WSU's fault so not sure that would fly with someone who has a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          For some reason Tulsa matches up against Memphis every year. I have no clue how they do it but they still suck.
          This .. I still expect to beat Tulsa no matter what they do against Memphis. Their zone just screws with the Memphis players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This .. I still expect to beat Tulsa no matter what they do against Memphis. Their zone just screws with the Memphis players.
            Yup...we had a great game plan

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Yup...we had a great game plan
              It's not just a this year thing. Tulsa has beaten Memphis by 40 and we lost to Memphis.

Comment

It's not just a this year thing. Tulsa has beaten Memphis by 40 and we lost to Memphis.
                I think they swept Memphis last year

Comment

• Tulsa had two players who went off for 20 (Horne) and 25 (Griffin, off the bench). The other players who got on the floor scored 9, 5, 2, 2, 1, 0, 0 and 0.

Memphis was also without Duren (as well as Bates and Lomax again). It seems like lately (small sample size, I know) Memphis struggles without Duren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think they swept Memphis last year
                    They did. By 7 at UM and by 1 at home. The year before, won by 40. The year before that, won by 16, lost by 3.

Comment

I wonder if HCIB has ever considered watching the tape of how Memphis neutralizes the vaunted national champion caliber Memphis Tigers? Or maybe Tulsa has AAC size and not MVC size.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I wonder if HCIB has ever considered watching the tape of how Memphis neutralizes the vaunted national champion caliber Memphis Tigers? Or maybe Tulsa has AAC size and not MVC size.
                        I dunno .. has happened every year even before HCIB was here. Like clockwork .. Memphis beats us, Memphis loses to Tulsa, WSU finishes higher than Memphis in the AAC. It's like the 3 truths of conference season

Comment

I dunno .. has happened every year even before HCIB was here. Like clockwork .. Memphis beats us, Memphis loses to Tulsa, WSU finishes higher than Memphis in the AAC. It's like the 3 truths of conference season
                          Care to put your wallet out on that last truth this year?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Care to put your wallet out on that last truth this year?
                            Can I take part of that action as well?

Comment

• Isn’t there some irony that Memphis’ best or second best player is a transfer from….Evansville?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Isn’t there some irony that Memphis’ best or second best player is a transfer from….Evansville?
                                If I'd have averaged 15.2 and 6.9 my first year in the Valley, especially at UE, I'd have high-tailed it out of there, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X