2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If I'd have averaged 15.2 and 6.9 my first year in the Valley, especially at UE, I'd have high-tailed it out of there, too.
    You're right, you can't blame the kid but I still hate it.
    I mean what if we have a Freshman someday that puts up numbes like that and transfers to UK, KU, NC or MSU? It would be nauseating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I mean what if we have a Freshman someday that puts up numbes like that and transfers to UK, KU, NC or MSU? It would be nauseating.
      ...and it'll happen just like that. Gonna have to pay the young lad. And win games while he's here with a willing head coach lest he seeks greener pastures. Hello bulls$#t NIL crap.

C'mon fellas you know this. Coaches salaries will shrink outside the P-5 football money. Time to pay the 4-stars to be entertained twice a week. IB may be the hot hand getting us through this.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Austin Reaves is our best comparison

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Austin Reaves is our best comparison
          So you're equating GM's teams to Evansville?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

So you're equating GM's teams to Evansville?
            the part about "what if we have a kid that puts up numbers and transfers"

Comment

• Is our loss to Memphis worse than Creighton losing at Villanova by 34? CU was 3-24 from 3 (12.5%), were outrebounded by nine (35-26) and committed 16 turnovers to VU's six.

The crazy thing is that CU beat VU by 20 last month. That's a 54-point swing.

Comment

Is our loss to Memphis worse than Creighton losing at Villanova by 34? CU was 3-24 from 3 (12.5%), were outrebounded by nine (35-26) and committed 16 turnovers to VU's six.

Well. We were at home. So there's definitely that.

Comment

Is our loss to Memphis worse than Creighton losing at Villanova by 34? CU was 3-24 from 3 (12.5%), were outrebounded by nine (35-26) and committed 16 turnovers to VU's six.

If only Villanova could have increased margin by 6 more…or held Creighton to one less point.

IYKYK.

78-65

Comment

• Wes Miller appears to be able to coach and his teams appear to run an offense

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If only Villanova could have increased margin by 6 more…or held Creighton to one less point.

IYKYK.

IK

Comment

None of this matters. If IB continues to stink the joint up WSU will fire him. We got #12 Houston rolling in on Saturday, bright and early. Another very ugly loss that ruins everyone’s whole day/weekend will just make this situation far worse than it already is

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

None of this matters. If IB continues to stink the joint up WSU will fire him. We got #12 Houston rolling in on Saturday, bright and early. Another very ugly loss that ruins everyone’s whole day/weekend will just make this situation far worse than it already is
                          I thought we played at Houston? Might actually give us a better chance… we are road warriors.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cincinnati 55 SMU 30. with 13 and change left. Proof that shoot 25% won't beat (or even allow you to be competitive with) most anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

This team can no longer ruin my day or weekend as expectations for them have fallen way too low.

Hard to feel too bad anymore when a bad team performs badly and loses as expected. I'll be mildly surprised if any real improvement is shown. Like an offense that isn't all about dribbling and jacking up 30+ three point shits while hitting fewer than 25%. Or if the team actually has more assists than turnovers. Or if players get pulled for doing the same boneheaded **** time and time again no matter what the name on the back of the jersey says. Because apparently that name now has more value in this program than the one on the front.

Too bad this game isn't at the same time as the Chiefs game so I had an excuse to just not waste my time with it.
                              Last edited by SubGod22; January 7, 2022, 07:26 AM.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

CU was 3-24 from 3 (12.5%)
                                Let it fly!
                                Last edited by Dennis_Celery; January 6, 2022, 10:43 PM.
                                You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X