No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not trying to be an ass, but has anyone seen a single comment about a player actually being ill?

I watched the ESPN crawler for maybe 5 minutes yesterday and all I saw was lists of pro teams and positive results, and the only thing specific I saw was Baker Mayfield (imagine that) saying something about the BS and that he had no symptoms (at the time).

Just curious what others have heard. Also multiple Premier League games cancelled today, and I expect a pause either later today or tomorrow, probably through the New Year in the PL.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

There was talk before the season that if a game was missed due to Covid, it would be a forfeit. Is that still the case?
      You mean they came to their senses? Its the only sane thing to do.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• ESPN are showing 11 games canceled or postponed so far (they're not counting Temple yet). Tulsa and Tulane are other AAC affected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          I hope that this basketball season doesn't end in another **** show with multiple cancellations.
          I share that same hope, but my expectations don't match my hopes.

Comment

• So many missed opportunities today for the league
            Screenshot_20211218-132035_ESPN.jpg

Comment

• Geez....was the AAC hit hard today or what? Without yet searching...I wonder how hard other leagues were hit. Particularly curious about the P-5's.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I bet the Ivy is about to shut down completely again. Cornell has over 1200 positives.

Comment

• I know he's "dead" to some of you, but J Burton hit a 2 pt shot with 2 seconds left on the clock for a Pitt 59, St Johns 57 win. He had 20 pts for the game which led all scorers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    I know he's "dead" to some of you, but J Burton hit a 2 pt shot with 2 seconds left on the clock for a Pitt 59, St Johns 57 win. He had 20 pts for the game which led all scorers.

Comment

I know he's "dead" to some of you, but J Burton hit a 2 pt shot with 2 seconds left on the clock for a Pitt 59, St Johns 57 win. He had 20 pts for the game which led all scorers.
                      Burton handled himself very well both during and after his time here. Not sure why would hold it against him

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Not trying to be an ass, but has anyone seen a single comment about a player actually being ill?

I watched the ESPN crawler for maybe 5 minutes yesterday and all I saw was lists of pro teams and positive results, and the only thing specific I saw was Baker Mayfield (imagine that) saying something about the BS and that he had no symptoms (at the time).

Just curious what others have heard. Also multiple Premier League games cancelled today, and I expect a pause either later today or tomorrow, probably through the New Year in the PL.
                        As long as Ted Lasso not cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ugh, speedy recovery! Everything I read says that you will be well in just a few days, but that doesn't make it fun.

What were your top symptoms? I'm hoping they are mild enough in the 20-somethings that it doesn't disrupt our season much.
                          I’ve got nearly all the symptoms. One thing I’ve learned is that day time is somewhat manageable but nights are hellish. Fever sweats. It’s hot and cold and hot and cold. Other symptoms was difficulty breathing, striking back pain, loss of taste, night sweats, headache, weakness, sneezing. My wife’s been better off than me so far though.

I’ve had it for a few days. 27 y/o. Hoping it goes away faster but it ruined my chance to visit NYC, ATL, and ofc back home to see family.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’ve got nearly all the symptoms. One thing I’ve learned is that day time is somewhat manageable but nights are hellish. Fever sweats. It’s hot and cold and hot and cold. Other symptoms was difficulty breathing, striking back pain, loss of taste, night sweats, headache, weakness, sneezing. My wife’s been better off than me so far though.

I’ve had it for a few days. 27 y/o. Hoping it goes away faster but it ruined my chance to visit NYC, ATL, and ofc back home to see family.
                            Cry for you?

Comment

Not dead to me, I loved that kid. So polite and friendly. I tried to talk to him about why he left and he really wouldn't say. I'm thrilled for any success he has in basketball and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not dead to me, I loved that kid. So polite and friendly. I tried to talk to him about why he left and he really wouldn't say. I'm thrilled for any success he has in basketball and beyond.
                                Did GM hint at it when he said something about being careful promising playing time? I believe it was in reference to GS and may not have sat well with JB

Comment

Working...
                                X