X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every time I here Valpo I immediately think:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

It really wasn't that it "wasn't inclusive enough." It was that white nationalist hate groups including the Klu Klux Klan overtly use crusader-related symbology and language and are, thanks to Trump, much more in the public consciousness than they were 10-15 years ago. Plus, for any university with an international student base, harkening back to The Crusades is not the best look.

“Valpo is and always has been a faith-based institution, and we want to make sure our symbolism is in alignment with our beliefs and speaks to the core values of the Lutheran ethos,” said Interim President Colette Irwin-Knott. “At Valpo, we strive to seek truth, serve generously and cultivate hope. We do not believe having the Crusader as our mascot portrays these values.”

That said, Beacons is a pretty blah name. The only upside is that it makes me think of Castle Anthrax.

Oh my. Big time swing and a miss there. Do Europeans really still get triggered by the Crusades? I mean is that like really a thing? We are now having to go back to medieval times to find things to be woke about?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Oh my. Big time swing and a miss there. Do Europeans really still get triggered by the Crusades? I mean is that like really a thing? We are now having to go back to medieval times to find things to be woke about?
        I still hold it against Egypt that they were so bad to Moses and his folks...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I still hold it against Egypt that they were so bad to Moses and his folks...:)
          Weren't Salukis originally bred in Egypt? You might want to let the SIU administration that you find their mascot offensive.

Also, the SIU student newspaper is the Daily Egyptian.

What is the Daily Egyptian? The DE is the student-run news organization for the SIUC community, serving the campus since 1916. Who makes up the SIUC community? Carbondale, Ill., is made up of 25,902 residents, with nearly 15,000 students attending Southern Illinois University. In addition, more than 1,200 faculty and staff members work and live in the...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Weren't Salukis originally bred in Egypt? You might want to let the SIU administration that you find their mascot offensive.

https://dailyegyptian.com/about/
            The southern Illinois area is called "Little Egypt" I don't know why. But it is kinda cool that their mascot fits their geography as does ours.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

https://dailyegyptian.com/about/

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Ahh, yes...the ole:

Friends
                University of
                Central
                Kansas

You can't make it up...but I am proud to be an alumni.
                Heard they were required to make the change after multiple pregnancies following the first football game. Student section was enthusiastically rooting the Falcons on, and…you know, in those days, students did as they were told.

Comment

• South Florida is trailing South Carolina State 36-34 at the half in a home game. South Carolina State is 1-7 and currently ranked #351 out of 358 teams in Kenpom.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    South Florida is trailing South Carolina State 36-34 at the half in a home game. South Carolina State is 1-7 and currently ranked #351 out of 358 teams in Kenpom.
                    Woof.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      King Tut…classic!

Comment

• South Carolina State hits a 3 at the buzzer to beat South Florida. Thankfully we only have to play South Florida once this year.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Borderline blind twisting deep corner 3, a no other option shot, nothin’ but nylon.

Comment

• Wow. Houston is taking no prisoners playing Bryant. With around 3:30 to go in the game it's 100-37 with Bryant having only 16 in the 2nd half so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              King Tut…classic!

“Buried with a donkey (Funky Tut)
                              He's my favorite honky…”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tulsa loses to Boise state. We aren't gonna get much help this year from the bottom 2/3rds of the conference

Comment

Working...
                                X