• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=lg9e1dDY7S4

See Sports Center Top 10 #4

Locker Room Celebration. Brings back good memories
    Ok. The timing of that sure gave some mixed feelings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Ok. The timing of that sure gave some mixed feelings.
      I’m not sure what your point is. I was just trying to show an exuberant, winning, locker room celebration with a familiar coach who was totally bonkers happy. Those celebrations were seen by us in the past, and I enjoyed them. No other intentions from my POV. Maybe you saw something I didn’t.

Comment

I’m not sure what your point is. I was just trying to show an exuberant, winning, locker room celebration with a familiar coach who was totally bonkers happy. Those celebrations were seen by us in the past, and I enjoyed them. No other intentions from my POV. Maybe you saw something I didn’t.
        Someone misses CJ

Comment

• Texas Tech vs Tennessee- 39 to 38 with 4 minutes left in the game. Other teams also struggle to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Someone misses CJ
            I truly hope HCIB gets things headed in the right direction quickly and has a long tenure as our head coach, but.....yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Someone misses CJ
              That’s not a big deal. But I do remember, and it was a Huge when we had BIG wins where our locker room ended up with Shocker fans, and players on ESPN Sports Center Top 10.

Anyone else hopes that happens again?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                Texas Tech vs Tennessee- 39 to 38 with 4 minutes left in the game. Other teams also struggle to score.
                44 all - overtime. Our game against KSU was beautiful compared to this Shite show.
                Last edited by WeWillShockU2; December 7, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

44 all - overtime. Our game against KSU was beautiful compared to this Shite show.
                  Texas Tech won.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I truly hope HCIB gets things headed in the right direction quickly and has a long tenure as our head coach, but.....yeah.
                    Not picking on you AT ALL, nor anyone in particular, but he did get his team to the tourney last year, won the league (and I am acutely aware of the scheduling oddities that may have assisted in that) and has started this season 6-2.

I haven't heard one single negative thing regarding a men's basketball student athlete since he took over.

Yes, the KState game was bad. But I'm not sure that things are headed in the wrong direction.

Everything he said after the game, press conference, interviews, all suggest he sees and shares the concerns of many of us and intends to address those concerns. It kind of defies reality to think that even though he sees the problem and the solution, that he won't do anything about it.

And now back to our regularly scheduled griping.

Comment

• Temple wins at Vanderbilt. Tulane will lose at Charleston. They are down 15 with a couple of minutes to go.

Comment

• Texas Tech v Tennessee and LMU @ Tulsa set basketball back a couple of decades at least. PAINFUL to watch both.

Comment

• I'm assuming Sterling Chapman is hurt or redshirting for TU?

Comment

Temple wins at Vanderbilt. Tulane will lose at Charleston. They are down 15 with a couple of minutes to go.
                            That's the 2nd loss to Charleston in 8 days. A decent Charleston team that should be 7-2 if it weren't for a miracle Furman comeback (down 15 multiple times, still down 8 with 2 minutes left and 6 with 25 seconds, got 2 threes, one at the buzzer to get it to OT at home) and questionable officiating (31 fouls to 16 even though Furman trailed for the last 30 minutes of regulation, leading to a FT disparity of 17 to 39).

However Okie State blasted C of C 96-66. Tulane better start rebounding (29-40 tonight) or it's going to be a LONG season in the American.

Tulsa drops a terrible game to LMU in Tulsa in front of dozens of fans (maybe a couple thousand bodies....MAYBE). They look so disinterested. I'm telling you all, showing up to the games MATTER. Show your support, let these kids know you care, and they absolutely will play better. There was nothing to encourage Tulsa tonight.

Comment

I thought the same thing. I just know it's nice to see a coach enjoy the thrill of a hard fought victory over an instate rival. Especially since they just played them a couple weeks ago and lost on their home court!
                              Get this - coaching at the D1 (or any level really) is a tough, mucho stressful job. Everyone plays Lay-Z-boy coach, second guessing every decision and move they make.
                              When you see one truly enjoying the moment and letting loose with the guys just after a big win, well that's a sight we need to see more.

We saw plenty of this during the FHCGM years. Refchick and I got to experience quite a few of the locker room celebrations with the teams and enjoyed the scene and jubilation on everyones face.

Here's hoping we get to see many more - regardless of who is calling the shots.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Unless Virginia goes something like 15-5 in the ACC, I don't want to hear about them getting into the dance. BAD HOME losses to Navy and tonight to James Madison, BLASTED by Houston. None of this .500 oh but the tough ACC **** this season for the Wahoos.

Ou gets a miracle 3 with about 3 seconds to go to tie Butler. FOUL there. DO NOT LET THEM TIE with a 3.

Butler damn near hit a 50 footer at the buzzer. OT

Edit: Navy was a home game but last night was at JMU which I’m sure will never happen again in my life.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; December 8, 2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X