No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here thinks FHCGM is going to coach for FREE in cold Normal, IL?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Who here thinks FHCGM is going to coach for FREE in cold Normal, IL?
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Buddy of mine who's a UNI fan text me this morning that Gregg Marshall is rumored for the Illinois State job...If true, I don't know how I feel about that.
        I don’t see this happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Who here thinks FHCGM is going to coach for FREE in cold Normal, IL?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I could see Turg at ISUR before Marshall.

Comment

• Marshall at ISU, not having an emotional tie to the situation, I'd love it! Can you imagine all of the a$$ puckering going on right now, as all other schools consider the possibility? The immense, seismic shift of power in that conference would be almost unfathomable.

At another level, the Valley would once again be a conference worth following, with a much improved Drake and UNI always pretty good, the addition of ISU Red as a stalwart would cause Missouri State to fire three more coaches. And with the NCAA loosening up eligibility,one has to wonder if Gregg Marshall to ISURed would lend the Purple Aces to file a waiver for another year of eligibility for Colt Ryan?
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Temple beats Cincy at Cincy
                SMU blowing out Memphis at home.

Looking at the standings. High likelihood we end up in the 8/9 game which gets the 1 seed on Friday. Gonna cheer for SMU to win the conference if that's the case

Comment

• In today's game, you got to have 5 players on the court that can score. If makes it difficult to defend a team when you have 5 potential scorers. Guys that can shoot, guys that can get to the cup and finish,, guys that can shoot midrange, and guys that can make free throws. So many times this year we simply did not have 5 players on the court that ca,n do this. But I can see this happening next year if the Shocks can pick up a few more players that can shoot. I really like our redshirts. But we need more help.

Naturally they have to play good defense and rebound. But when you lose so many games by so few points like this team has this year, it clearly is your offense that is letting you down. Go Shocks.

PS. I also think improved leadership would greatly help this team. I like Craig Porter to be the leader for this team next year. Give him the keys to the car and let him drive. Go Shocks.
                  Last edited by TheShocktocles; February 22, 2022, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• KU’s offense is unreal. At least tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      In today's game, you got to have 5 players on the court that can score. If makes it difficult to defend a team when you have 5 potential scorers. Guys that can shoot, guys that can get to the cup and finish,, guys that can shoot midrange, and guys that can make free throws. So many times this year we simply did not have 5 players on the court that ca,n do this. But I can see this happening next year if the Shocks can pick up a few more players that can shoot. I really like our redshirts. But we need more help.

Naturally they have to play good defense and rebound. But when you lose so many games by so few points like this team has this year, it clearly is your offense that is letting you down. Go Shocks.

PS. I also think improved leadership would greatly help this team. I like Craig Porter to be the leader for this team next year. Give him the keys to the car and let him drive. Go Shocks.
                      So … you’re saying that we have to be real real good to be a good team and be better than we have been in the games that we’ve lost..and…to win games we need to score a lot and score more points than the other teams? Are you John Madden?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Buddy of mine who's a UNI fan text me this morning that Gregg Marshall is rumored for the Illinois State job...If true, I don't know how I feel about that.
                        I'm rumored to be balls deep in Gal Gadot by the end of the month. Equally likely to Marshall's ego allowing him to coach a Valley team in Normal, Fackin' Illinois. Would be nice for WSU to free up that $125,000 a year that Illinois State would pay him.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

So … you’re saying that we have to be real real good to be a good team and be better than we have been in the games that we’ve lost..and…to win games we need to score a lot and score more points than the other teams? Are you John Madden?
                          Of course not. But if my post causes you to think of the greatJohn Madden, we'll I am honored. Thanks for the compliment. I love it.. Go Shocks.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I'm rumored to be balls deep in Gal Gadot by the end of the month. Equally likely to Marshall's ego allowing him to coach a Valley team in Normal, Fackin' Illinois. Would be nice for WSU to free up that $125,000 a year that Illinois State would pay him.
                            There is actually no clause in the termination agreement where his payout gets reduced if he takes a job elsewhere if I remember right. He gets the full amount even if he is coaching Duke for 10 mil a year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is actually no clause in the termination agreement where his payout gets reduced if he takes a job elsewhere if I remember right. He gets the full amount even if he is coaching Duke for 10 mil a year
                              And then what, after the equivalent of what was 1 years salary is paid off?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Of course. I wish I could negotiate with Boatright in all things business and otherwise.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X