• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early but Wisc using crisp passing and movement without the ball to break
    Houston D down

Comment

• 24-7 Wisconsin leading Houston. 8:24 left in half
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 31-14 Wisconsin still leads with 4 min left in 1st half.

Wisconsin making some tough shots, but lots of open looks also
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 40 - 20 Wisconsin leading at half.

Houston looks slow on defense.

Comment

• Houston has cut the deficit in half going into the first TV timeout. 30-40.

Comment

• Houston has had a much better 2nd half.

Wisconsin leading 51-45 with 7:52 remaining

Comment

• Shockers need to keep this game tape and use it to scout how to handle Marcus Sasser.

Comment

• That was a worse end of half play then anything the shocks have done.

Houston gets the defensive rebound with 5 seconds left, the guy drives the court and passes the ball with about 0.7 seconds left. Time runs out without a shot (before the pass even makes it to the other player.)

Houston loses 65-63.
                  Last edited by jdmee; November 23, 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    That was a worse end of half play then anything the shocks have done.

Houston gets the defensive rebound with 5 seconds left, the guy drives the court and passes the ball with about 0.7 seconds left. Time runs out without a shot (before the pass even makes it to the other player.)

Houston loses 65-63.
                    Sampson had to be absolutely livid with that. Guarantee there was some red a$$ goin on in the locker room.

Comment

• Watching the Kitties and Illinois...Bruce Weber looks OLDDDDDD.

Comment

• Anyone watching this game? Can you imagine Mo having to match up with Cockburn from Illinois? Not that he has to be Cockburn, because obviously very few people can match him, but my goodness.

Comment

• Most end of game plays are not good and even worse than that when a time out is taken to set them up. It’s humorous that people think ours are weaker than anyone else, because by and large they are not.

It has been that way for years.
                          Last edited by shoxlax; November 23, 2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Previously 1-4 Nevada vs 4-2 George Mason. Nevada 88, GM 69.

Apparently, the removal of a contributing player from their roster didn't hurt them......at least this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Our best non-con "win" may be our OT loss to Arizona. Our non-con has gone to crap. That's really gonna put the pressure on us during conference play.

Outside of this stretch, I can't believe the rest of our non-con is essentially a home slate of SWAC games. So pathetic.
                              This is very reminiscent of our days in the valley of even. Set ourselves up with a good non conference schedule and then get no help from those teams. Then we had to make sure we didn't lose one in conference and pray we made it to the final game in the tournament. Sometimes it just feels like we are snake bit. But I guess that what makes our wins sweeter. Go Shocks

Comment

• It is early on for the advanced metrics to really be proven, but here is where our non-con sits in the Massey Composite (which currently averages 29 ranking systems):

Jacksonville State - 176
                                South Alabama - 161
                                Tarleton - 246
                                Arizona - 6
                                UNLV - 135
                                Missouri - 120
                                Oklahoma State - 33
                                Kansas State - 124
                                Norfolk State - 218
                                Alcorn State - 316
                                North Texas - 116
                                Prairie View A&M - 282

Q1 and Q2 games as things stand (if UNLV is a road game):
                                Q1 - Arizona and Oklahoma State
                                Q2 - UNLV and Missouri

If UNLV or Missouri could finish in the top 75, those would be Q1 as well. If KSU or North Texas could do the same, those would be Q2.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X