No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona ranked 17th this week in AP poll.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      It may have already been posted by someone, but I haven't seen it. The UNLV game may end up being a very good win on the road. It's difficult to know where UNLV will be at the end of the year, so we will have to wait to see how much of a quality win it was. I would think a possible Q1 win, for sure a Q2 win, and as losses go, the Arizona loss may end up being as quality loss as they come.
      I'm pretty sure that the game is considered neutral site because it was part of an exempt multi-team event.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm pretty sure that the game is considered neutral site because it was part of an exempt multi-team event.
        Taylor was trying to verify. If that's true, let's set up a multi-team event at Intrust Bank Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor was trying to verify. If that's true, let's set up a multi-team event at Intrust Bank Arena.
          The Air Capital Classic brought to you by Textron
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My memory tells me it's possible for a match to be neutral for tournament purposes but still considered a home game for ranking purposes. Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, so take that with a very, very large grain of salt.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

MTEs are great because there is usually a draw to get fanbases to travel…like a tropical location or some kind of tourist draw. I love our city as much as the next guy…but what’s the draw to convince 3 fanbases (preferably good ones) to play in an MTE in Wichita with WSU being an opponent? If you thought getting them to play one game in the 316 was tough, I bet this would be so much harder.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The Air Capital Classic brought to you by Textron
                In collaboration with Rusty's Outdoor Sports.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

MTEs are great because there is usually a draw to get fanbases to travel…like a tropical location or some kind of tourist draw. I love our city as much as the next guy…but what’s the draw to convince 3 fanbases (preferably good ones) to play in an MTE in Wichita with WSU being an opponent? If you thought getting them to play one game in the 316 was tough, I bet this would be so much harder.
                  Maybe, something like inviting teams from surrounding states and guaranteeing that each school gets 1/4 of the tickets. Then, by a certain date, any tickets not purchased reverts equally to any school(s) that have already purchased there 1/4 allotment. Any tickets still left by a date close to tournament time goes to open purchase.

While this may lack a touristy angle, it could make up for by being a reasonable drive away. Colorado (P 10), Colorado St (MWC), Nebraska (B10), Iowa (B10), Creighton (Big East), Missouri (SEC), OU (SEC), Arkansas (SEC), OK State (Big 12), Texas Tech (Big12), TCU (Big 12), along with WSU (AAC).

That's WSU and another 11 schools from another 6 conferences to get the other 3 teams. Just spit-ballin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

In collaboration with Rusty's Outdoor Sports.
                    Made me laugh...had totally forgotten Rusty's....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

While I admit that Kansas City is bigger and has more going on than Wichita, it’s still not exactly what I would call a tourist destination and they host a MTE every year with no problem.

Comment

• Houston all over Butler 44-27 with 16:15 to go.

Comment

• Tulane wins a low scoring game with Drexel

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Tulane wins a low scoring game with Drexel
                            The game is currently in a rain delay

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My memory tells me it's possible for a match to be neutral for tournament purposes but still considered a home game for ranking purposes. Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, so take that with a very, very large grain of salt.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The game is currently in a rain delay
                                Good way to put it lol. Wonder if they will actually finish it

Comment

Working...
                                X