2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Scores:

#12 Houston 70 - Butler 52 (Maui Jim Invitational)
    #13 Arkansas 72 - Kansas State 64 (Hall of Fame Classic)
    Cincinnati 71 - #14 Illinois 51 (Hall of Fame Classic)
    Florida State 81 - Missouri 58 (Jacksonville Classic)
    Loyola Marymount 76 - SMU 70 (Jacksonville Classic)
    Valparaiso 78 - Jacksonville State 70 (Nassau Championship) Jackosnville State falls to 1-3.
    Oklahoma State 96 - Charleston 66 in Stillwater
    Lafayette 53 - Rutgers 51 at Rutgers - Lafayette picks up its 1st win in 5 games
    Rice 109 - Evansville 104 in triple overtime
    North Dakota State 54 - Tarleton 53 - Tarleton falls to 1-4
    Santa Clara 85 - TCU 66

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Not sure what has happened to G Sherfield's Nevada team as they drop to 1-4 losing to South Dakota State 102-75. Other loses are San Diego (not State), Santa Clara, and San Francisco.
      They gave up a hundo to South Dakota State?? Yowzers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Final Scores:

#12 Houston 70 - Butler 52 (Maui Jim Invitational)
        #13 Arkansas 72 - Kansas State 64 (Hall of Fame Classic)
        Cincinnati 71 - #14 Illinois 51 (Hall of Fame Classic)
        Florida State 81 - Missouri 58 (Jacksonville Classic)
        Loyola Marymount 76 - SMU 70 (Jacksonville Classic)
        Valparaiso 78 - Jacksonville State 70 (Nassau Championship) Jackosnville State falls to 1-3.
        Oklahoma State 96 - Charleston 66 in Stillwater
        Lafayette 53 - Rutgers 51 at Rutgers - Lafayette picks up its 1st win in 5 games
        Rice 109 - Evansville 104 in triple overtime
        North Dakota State 54 - Tarleton 53 - Tarleton falls to 1-4
        Santa Clara 85 - TCU 66
        As for Jacksonville State, I repeat from another thread: moral victories are great if they turn into real victories. Otherwise they are worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

They gave up a hundo to South Dakota State?? Yowzers!
          I watched South Dakota State destroy Bradley. They like to push the ball and spread the court. If they are on, which they have been most of the season, they can put up some numbers. As for the other schools Nevada lost to, not too impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Not sure what has happened to G Sherfield's Nevada team as they drop to 1-4 losing to South Dakota State 102-75. Other loses are San Diego (not State), Santa Clara, and San Francisco.
            and it gets worse

Bramah was averaging 11 and 6.5 in 22 mpg.

Comment

• It's so hard to know right now which of our victories will be good, victories that are resume builders right now. Everyone has really good athletes, but they have to put together a full, good season of wins too. JSU and S. Alabama both had good athletes, but their coaches have to continue to build their teams during a long grinding season that will have team defections, team selfishness, injuries, etc., and what happens now will have little bearing on what happens in January, February, and March. I hope we are at our best in March, and these teams have to be working for that as well.

Comment

• While it is only one game, Cincy's convincing win over Illinois seems like kind of a big deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  While it is only one game, Cincy's convincing win over Illinois seems like kind of a big deal?
                  For our future ranking, yes. I hope we crush those quitters.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• For some reason I'm a bit surprised we didn't get any votes on the AP Poll this week. Probably too early I know...but dyamn Drake and Loyola getting some???
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      For some reason I'm a bit surprised we didn't get any votes on the AP Poll this week. Probably too early I know...but dyamn Drake and Loyola getting some???
                      Still too influenced by preseason expectations .. no super impressive wins either.

Comment

• I think if they get through MU, Okie St, and K State (and probably even before the end of that stretch) they’ll get votes

Comment

For some reason I'm a bit surprised we didn't get any votes on the AP Poll this week. Probably too early I know...but dyamn Drake and Loyola getting some???

The reason is we've been spoiled. I'm not being mean to you at all (at least I'm not trying to be) but no objective person that knows college basketball can watch this team so far and think they are a top 25ish type team. Potential? Sure! But not yet. Get me to 11-2 playing Memphis with just a really close loss at OSU and maybe folks will start getting on board.

Comment

Outside of a close loss to Arizona and then Arizona taking it to Michigan....there really haven't been any games that suggests top 25 material.

Had we absolutely blasted the other teams....then MAYBE people would be considering it..

Plus, no one has really been talking about us pre-season (or even right now). All the talk was Memphis, Houston and even UCF. Now they are noticing Cincy after their win yesterday.

Shox still have work to do to get on the radar. The potential is there, but they have a little ways to go IMHO.

And I am ok with that. This program is at its best when there is a big chip on their shoulder.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

and it gets worse

Bramah was averaging 11 and 6.5 in 22 mpg.
                              May be a plus by subtraction.

Comment

• Houston did not come ready to play.

13 - 0 Wisconsin after 4 1/2 mins

Why does Houston always gotta play dirty. First they bite....now they have a player who gets frustrated and deliberately runs into an opposing player and shoves him.....
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X