Masking, vaccination, and social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Viruses don't know borders. Mitigation efforts are most effective when practiced in solidarity across a nation.
    Nice try. In how many states are new cases increasing?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Can we just play all the home games off campus, like at Intrust? (I “partially” kid). No state mandate?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Others here could probably give more clarity to this than I can.
        I could clarify, but I'd prefer dwelling on how pi$$ed I am that we might not be able to fill CKA. The athletic department needs the $$. The players need the atmosphere. The fans need to get back to watching games in person.

The Dec. 8 deadline gives football a pass. Basketball takes the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Nice try. In how many states are new cases increasing?
          Inductive fallacy.

Viruses don't know borders. Mitigation efforts are most effective when practiced in solidarity across a nation.

Your reactive approach is always a day late and a dollar short. The exact opposite of epidemiological best practices.

If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing - Dr. Anthony Fauci

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

There's one thing I learned in a Communications class at WSU, taught by a grad student, that I will never forget, even though I took that class working on 50 years ago..

You never have to deal with reality. All you ever have to deal with is people's perceptions of reality. The "truth" is many different things to many different people.
            There actually is real truth thanks to science. Truth can be tested and reproduced in a laboratory setting.

Take for example masks: masks have been relied on in medical practice for over a hundred years. I would guess their utility hasn't been in question since the invention of the automobile. We now have 10's of millions of Americans walking around doubting - what is the equivalent of gravity - because their favorite talk show host said so. Do they work as good on the street as in a controlled hospital environment? No. Do cloth masks work as well as N95's? No. But all masks offer some level of protection versus none.

There are no serious healthcare practitioners that would say not wearing a mask is the same as wearing one.

Comment

Inductive fallacy.

Your reactive approach is always a day late and a dollar short. The exact opposite of epidemiological best practices.

If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing - Dr. Anthony Fauci
              Like a moth to light, you still can’t help yourself with your Covid obsession, even though you were the “bigger man” and swore it off in the other forum.

If the virus has no borders, why do you insistently pick on certain states or regions of the country? Thought the virus has no borders? Or your absurd assertion that the virus could have been contained if everyone stopped what they were doing for 4 weeks and just sat in their homes. But the virus has no borders.

You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth, just like your mouth-breathing hero Mr. Fauci.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There actually is real truth thanks to science. Truth can be tested and reproduced in a laboratory setting.

Take for example masks: masks have been relied on in medical practice for over a hundred years. I would guess their utility hasn't been in question since the invention of the automobile. We now have 10's of millions of Americans walking around doubting - what is the equivalent of gravity - because their favorite talk show host said so. Do they work as good on the street as in a controlled hospital environment? No. Do cloth masks work as well as N95's? No. But all masks offer some level of protection versus none.

There are no serious healthcare practitioners that would say not wearing a mask is the same as wearing one.
                You have totally missed the point. It doesn't matter what you think is the truth if other people think something else is the truth. Your "truth" is meaningless to them because their "truth" is different. The same thing works the other way. Their "truth" is meaningless to you because you recognize a different "truth".

This is why no one in the last billion years has ever "won" an internet argument.

My financial situation is that season tickets and SASO fees are more than I'd care to spend, but buying some single game tickets, even to some of the buy games, was fairly high on my list of things to do. I'm vaccinated with the Pfizer booster. I'd have no problem wearing a mask in CKA, but if social distancing is enforced, there are no seats available for fans in my situation.

Comment

Since this thread is off the rails ... Can we be sure to post a NEW thread whenever we get word on how this will affect gamedays? Don't need the useful info getting buried in the back and forth.

Comment

Inductive fallacy.

But you've decried super spreader events ad nauseam. Oh, you mean people in Kansas are at risk because they're playing Football in Texas. Got it.

PERFECT fauci quote! Good Job!! It's just begging for a meme. I'll get on it.

12th man.png
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 24, 2021, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      I will only post one comment on this: I have spent the past week seeing patients in the hospital, because we are SO FULL there aren't enough docs to see everybody. I haven't made hospital rounds in 10 years. Now I'm called in to help. Why? It's only partly because a significant portion won't get vaccinated. It's MOSTLY because those unvaccinated aren't practicing ANY social responsibility due to some call of personal freedom. Look, if enough people would have gotten vaccinated, this would be over by now. But, they didn't. If you want to get drunk and act stupid in your own home, by all means, do so. But if you decide to get drunk and then DRIVE ALL AROUND TOWN because... well, freedom... then it becomes societies business. Those unvaccinated who want to attend crowded, indoor, public events are, imo, driving drunk.
                      What makes you so sure that people pining for personal freedom ain't vaccinated? If this is the great plague as prophesied over 2,000 years ago why not make vaxx's mandatory for the unemployed and government assisted too? How about mandatory for congress. Better yet, how about getting to its origin, thus avoiding a repeat 100 years from now.

Here's and idea; let's insult and harangue the unvaxxed into submission, because vaxx's work. What a great way to change hearts and minds!

build back better.jpg
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 24, 2021, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Since this thread is off the rails ... Can we be sure to post a NEW thread whenever we get word on how this will affect gamedays? Don't need the useful info getting buried in the back and forth.
                        Let’s Go Brandon!

Comment

Wichita State to require masks at sporting events – The Sunflower

If there was any doubt in anyone's mind.

Again, it's stupid, it's NOT following the science and it's nothing more than a useless exercise to exert power over people and to virtual signal, but whatever.

I don't know how they'll get around making the athletes wear them all the time, but we shall see.

The real issue is about firing employees. I don't want there to be a fight, I want common sense to prevail. But these politicians are pushing the wrong way, the wrong people.

And for the umpteenth time, I'm vaccinated, my entire family went to our doctors and asked and decided it was best to get vaccinated. I believe, want and encourage every single person I know or asks me to go to their doctor and ask questions and probe hard for medical reasons if they are considering not getting the vaccine.

But it's NOT Joe Biden's, or ANYONE else's, job to make people get something they don't want and to keep them from working and supporting their families is unimaginable, and if you think for one nano-second that if President Trump was still in the White House that libs wouldn't have pushed back against him making the exact same decision (which would be equally wrong) then you are the entire problem because you've made this political and weaponized medical decisions.

Comment

Comment

Are any other campus's requiring masks for sporting events nationwide? In the State?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                Are any other campus's requiring masks for sporting events nationwide? In the State?
                                Not sure who all is, but watched volleyball matches both in Wisconsin and Nebraska this weekend with fully "masked" crowds and unmasked athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X