Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind

Comment

Waterford, Ireland. 99.7% (Seriously!) of the population "fully vaccinated" against Covid. Has one of the highest Covid infection rates in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

While stupid, needless and unscientific, I couldn't care less about masks at the games. I'll choose to go or I won't, it's my choice.

When they tell people they can't work, support their families, if they don't take the jab, that's simply wrong. And it's completely indefensible, no matter what you or anyone else thinks or says.
        I tend to agree for the most part. One caveat: Hospitals have mandated the flu vaccine for a while now as a condition of employment. It's less effective than the mRNA vaccines. What makes this different for the hospital folk?

Generally IDGAF what someone else chooses to do short of going out knowing they have the Rona. Going to a full Koch masks or no is definitely a gamble. One I would take, but I can't speak for 10k people.
        Last edited by BOBB; October 23, 2021, 05:11 PM.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I tend to agree for the most part. One caveat: Hospitals have mandated the flu vaccine for a while now as a condition of employment. It's less effective than the mRNA vaccines. What makes this different for the hospital folk?

Generally IDGAF what someone else chooses to do short of going out knowing they have the Rona. Going to a full Koch masks or no is definitely a gamble. One I would take, but I can't speak for 10k people.
          If you accept a job knowing that's a condition of employment, I don't have a problem with it and nor should anyone else.

But this opens the door far too wide for big brother, in this case one man, the President, to step in and make new rules for people that didn't think ever they'd have to do something.

It's simply and patently wrong.

And everyone knows it's wrong. If you disagree you're simply lying to yourself to support a political ideal.

It's wrong. Liberals know it's wrong, and conservatives know it's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If you accept a job knowing that's a condition of employment, I don't have a problem with it and nor should anyone else.

But this opens the door far too wide for big brother, in this case one man, the President, to step in and make new rules for people that didn't think ever they'd have to do something.

It's simply and patently wrong.

And everyone knows it's wrong. If you disagree you're simply lying to yourself to support a political ideal.

It's wrong. Liberals know it's wrong, and conservatives know it's wrong.
            I'm not in agreement with broad mandates, but certain professions have always had mandates. Schools, military, hospitals. My dad sure didn't get a choice when he got a mega-imoculation in Nam.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I will only post one comment on this: I have spent the past week seeing patients in the hospital, because we are SO FULL there aren't enough docs to see everybody. I haven't made hospital rounds in 10 years. Now I'm called in to help. Why? It's only partly because a significant portion won't get vaccinated. It's MOSTLY because those unvaccinated aren't practicing ANY social responsibility due to some call of personal freedom. Look, if enough people would have gotten vaccinated, this would be over by now. But, they didn't. If you want to get drunk and act stupid in your own home, by all means, do so. But if you decide to get drunk and then DRIVE ALL AROUND TOWN because... well, freedom... then it becomes societies business. Those unvaccinated who want to attend crowded, indoor, public events are, imo, driving drunk.

Comment

I support vaccination. I've got no problem with employers insisting their employees getting vaccinated. But this is more like"if you do business with us, your employees must get vaccinated". That's over the line. Then it gets even worse when it ends up being "if you do business with us and you have any guests on your premises, those guests must be vaccinated, wear masks, and maintain social distance".

Comment

Let's Go, Brandon!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    I will only post one comment on this: I have spent the past week seeing patients in the hospital, because we are SO FULL there aren't enough docs to see everybody. I haven't made hospital rounds in 10 years. Now I'm called in to help. Why? It's only partly because a significant portion won't get vaccinated. It's MOSTLY because those unvaccinated aren't practicing ANY social responsibility due to some call of personal freedom. Look, if enough people would have gotten vaccinated, this would be over by now. But, they didn't. If you want to get drunk and act stupid in your own home, by all means, do so. But if you decide to get drunk and then DRIVE ALL AROUND TOWN because... well, freedom... then it becomes societies business. Those unvaccinated who want to attend crowded, indoor, public events are, imo, driving drunk.
                    I disagree. Those who have the virus and want to attend crowded, indoor, public events are, imo, driving drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I disagree. Those who have the virus and want to attend crowded, indoor, public events are, imo, driving drunk.
                      The problem with that is that you are contagious before you have symptoms. You can also be infected and be contagious and have no symptoms.

There are a number of variants of the Delta variant, collectively referred to as Delta+ variants. One of them is gaining ground. The best way to beat a virus is do it as fast as possible, because viruses mutate as fast as possible and there's no way to predict whether the next mutation will be more transmissable, unaffected by previous infection or vaccination, and possibly more severe in its effects.

People without immunity from prior infection or vaccination are the breeding grounds for the mutations. They are, effectively, Petri dishes where the virus works on how to overcome our defenses and possibly become more lethal.

Comment

Shhhhhh….you’re not allowed to mention natural immunity. What’s the matter with you?

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                          Your sentiments are echoed by 99% of the healthcare industry. Thank you for your service, your endurance, and your patience.

I carried the torch in the Covid forum for way longer than I should have. All I can say is, we are at war with the truth... and the truth ain't winning.

Comment

Thankfully, Truth is not a marketable commodity. Otherwise both sides would be completely bankrupt beginning with Dr Fauci who lied to the country in the early days and now bends the truth with each of his pronouncements that “gain of function” was not financed by US funds.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Your sentiments are echoed by 99% of the healthcare industry. Thank you for your service, your endurance, and your patience.

I carried the torch in the Covid forum for way longer than I should have. All I can say is, we are at war with the truth... and the truth ain't winning.
                              There's one thing I learned in a Communications class at WSU, taught by a grad student, that I will never forget, even though I took that class working on 50 years ago..

You never have to deal with reality. All you ever have to deal with is people's perceptions of reality. The "truth" is many different things to many different people.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The problem with that is that you are contagious before you have symptoms. You can also be infected and be contagious and have no symptoms.

There are a number of variants of the Delta variant, collectively referred to as Delta+ variants. One of them is gaining ground. The best way to beat a virus is do it as fast as possible, because viruses mutate as fast as possible and there's no way to predict whether the next mutation will be more transmissable, unaffected by previous infection or vaccination, and possibly more severe in its effects.

People without immunity from prior infection or vaccination are the breeding grounds for the mutations. They are, effectively, Petri dishes where the virus works on how to overcome our defenses and possibly become more lethal.
                                Are you sure about that last statement? I was under the impression that people with prior infection are, indeed, not likely a breeding ground because their natural immunity rapidly attacks the virus itself. With vaccinated people, the vaxx does not attack the virus, but greatly lessens the chance of severe outcomes. In other words, people with a vaxx will carry the virus longer than those with natural immunity, thus more likely to spread it. Now an unvaxxed person with the virus may or may not carry the infection longer as their body is triggered to attack the virus. I believe this is why places with very high vaccination rates may still have high numbers of people getting infected.

Others here could probably give more clarity to this than I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X