Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I've actually seen a lot of fan support for the idea of adding WSU since it started getting rumored. Was kinda surprised to see that.
    That's alwasy good to hear unfortunately anecdotal stories of fan support don't carry much weight. Wish they did.

I haven't give up hope for a decent outcome but with WSU seemigngy taking a totally passive position I do feel like we Shocker fans are:

Hopefully, the winds start blowing in a favorable direction and don't whip up a storm.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 2, 2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I've actually seen a lot of fan support for the idea of adding WSU since it started getting rumored. Was kinda surprised to see that.
      On a MWC conference message board, or where?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

On a MWC conference message board, or where?
        MWC boards, Twitter .. Very ancedotal, but many were jumping at the thought of adding Gonzaga and Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          Those of us in the Eastern Time Zone would need a lot of red bull. 8pm EST is a good start time and 9pm is not terrible, but after that it requires a good nap the following day
          As would the majority of basketball fans nationwide.

Comment

• there has to be a conference WSU fits in from an academic stand point, and the MVC ain’t it. "Shock " quote

Interesting discussion, but I am curious as to what you mean when you say the Valley "ain't it." Do you mean the Valley schools academics are tooo high? Curious as to what difference it makes, unless you are the Big Ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              Uuhhhh, not sure what the hell just happened. As of earlier this week, this was practically a done deal, and I had hints that the move would be announced sometime around Wednesday of next week. Hope to have some answers soon...
              Don't worry, nobody really believes you had "sources" or even knew what you were talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Don't worry, nobody really believes you had "sources" or even knew what you were talking about.
                Actually Rocky Mountain had good information and had it before the media. I have no doubt he has a source and I look forward to what exactly happened at the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Actually Rocky Mountain had good information and had it before the media. I have no doubt he has a source and I look forward to what exactly happened at the last minute.
                  I wanna know........

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I wanna know........
                    I want to believe

Comment

• This was posted on the AAC Board
                      Comment from Air Force AD in a radio interview as reported on D1 Ticker:

“At the end of this evaluation, there wasn’t a consensus among the four about an opportunity ahead of us. A move with less than four wasn’t going to create a significant competitive gap between the Mountain West and the AAC, and that was a very important piece of the consideration. Make no mistake, there’s better resources in the American. There’s better exposure. But ultimately, it didn’t meet all of our needs, and therefore the timing just wasn’t right. The elephant in the room is going to continue until the Mountain West can eliminate the financial gap between itself and its nearest competitor, the American. There’s always going to be a risk of instability until we get that done … At the end of the day, we need a collective strategy for the Mountain West, and that lies with our commissioner. I can’t speak for him and tell you, but I think it’s a question that our membership wants to know."

Sounds like Boise grenaded it all by waiting for a Big XII invite that may or may not ever come.

Also doesn't sound like the door is closed permanently

Comment

• Memphis to the B12 seems like a stretch.

Boise to the B12 seems like a HUGE stretch.

I don’t get it. Seems like an irrational position.

I haven’t checked the numbers recently, but Idaho is smaller than Kansas, Boise metro about the same as Wichita metro, and Boise is really similar to WSU in enrollment and academic profile. Boise is WSU west with football. How in the world are they a candidate for a P5 slot?

Comment

This was posted on the AAC Board
                          Comment from Air Force AD in a radio interview as reported on D1 Ticker:

“At the end of this evaluation, there wasn’t a consensus among the four about an opportunity ahead of us. A move with less than four wasn’t going to create a significant competitive gap between the Mountain West and the AAC, and that was a very important piece of the consideration. Make no mistake, there’s better resources in the American. There’s better exposure. But ultimately, it didn’t meet all of our needs, and therefore the timing just wasn’t right. The elephant in the room is going to continue until the Mountain West can eliminate the financial gap between itself and its nearest competitor, the American. There’s always going to be a risk of instability until we get that done … At the end of the day, we need a collective strategy for the Mountain West, and that lies with our commissioner. I can’t speak for him and tell you, but I think it’s a question that our membership wants to know."

Sounds like Boise grenaded it all by waiting for a Big XII invite that may or may not ever come.

Also doesn't sound like the door is closed permanently
                          But given what the AFA AD said, why would WSU go to the MWC? He said that knowing the UH, CU and UCF are going to the Big 12.

Comment

• San Diego State also wants in the Big 12 so bad they can’t even see straight and the Big 12 has it’s eye on San Diego State. The only reason there’s no serious talks yet is obviously because of travel costs. It’s just a difficult time right now. There is no right answer for WSU except the Big East, which at this point isn’t realistic

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Memphis to the B12 seems like a stretch.

Boise to the B12 seems like a HUGE stretch.

I don’t get it. Seems like an irrational position.

I haven’t checked the numbers recently, but Idaho is smaller than Kansas, Boise metro about the same as Wichita metro, and Boise is really similar to WSU in enrollment and academic profile. Boise is WSU west with football. How in the world are they a candidate for a P5 slot?
                              Boise is growing like crazy. I think their MSA is in the 750,000 range and their CSA is over 800,000. If Boise continues to grow at its current pace, it would be a media market well suited for the B-12, plus it would give the conference exposure in the west.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                                San Diego State also wants in the Big 12 so bad they can’t even see straight and the Big 12 has it’s eye on San Diego State. The only reason there’s no serious talks yet is obviously because of travel costs. It’s just a difficult time right now. There is no right answer for WSU except the Big East, which at this point isn’t realistic
                                Travel costs are not going away no matter the wait and just don't see how SDSU will ever fit into the B12 footprint. Also, can't say that I've seen anywhere that B12 are interested in them, other than from SD. If there's talk, it's not much.

Perhaps MikeKennedyRulZ can weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                                X