Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN is scared .... /s

Dear Bob ....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      Sorry Geoff doesn’t actually know anything. Also the PAC-12 commissioner said nothing - he said things that seemed cold and also hot. I read those comments.

When reputable reporters throw cold water on it, then you’ll know it’s an official no go. Until then, who knows. I certainly don’t.
      Sorry you don’t actually know anything.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would prefer option A. Option B scares me. You assume that WSU/Navy would not be one of the 3 that get dropped. Also as a corollary to that let's say they add all 8 Big 12 schools plus Boise and/or BYU as you posited as a possibility and decide to drop 4-5 teams to get to 16.

What if the Big 12's negotiating stance is that we will agree that all 8 of our members will join the AAC but you have to drop enough teams to get to a 16 team conference to improve the per team revenue sharing and our members must approve by a majority vote the teams picked to be dropped. In that case, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, and WSU/Navy would all be at risk. If that happens there are no really good options for WSU if it doesn't make the cut. If that is what the AAC/ESPN have to agree to in order to induce the 8 Big XII leftovers to join en masse do you really think they would fight that hard for WSU and the others? I don't have a great deal of confidence that they would.

As other have mentioned, this is a fluid situation that can still end up with a bad result for the WSU/Navy tandem (and other AAC teams). It could also end up with a really good result. Let's hope it's the latter.
        Navy Football is strong. WSU basketball is strong.

That’s why I think it’s they would get the nod ahead of those other schools.

Also, ESPN seems to have a hard-on for Wichita, so I think that could give them good footing.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Navy Football is strong. WSU basketball is strong.

That’s why I think it’s they would get the nod ahead of those other schools.

Also, ESPN seems to have a hard-on for Wichita, so I think that could give them good footing.
          “Hard-ons”; those were the days my friends…
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

OSU use to have T. Boone PIckens. I'm sure he treated them well in his estate plan. Whether there is any wind power left in the avenue moving forward I couldn't say.
            fixed it

Comment

• Again, I’m sorry, but what precedence is there for just kicking an established member out of a conference? Sure, anything could happen but we don’t worry about might happen if aliens reveal themselves and want to join the AAC.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Again, I’m sorry, but what precedence is there for just kicking an established member out of a conference? Sure, anything could happen but we don’t worry about might happen if aliens reveal themselves and want to join the AAC.
                  Maybe true, but let's be honest, if Shockernet was Doug Elgin we would of worked the room to bounce Evansville no matter the optics.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Again, I’m sorry, but what precedence is there for just kicking an established member out of a conference? Sure, anything could happen but we don’t worry about might happen if aliens reveal themselves and want to join the AAC.
                    Precedent should be considered especially during normal times. However, not sure what is going on now can be considered normal times. Obviously teams and pick up there marbles and move to another conference. Not sure there is anything to preclude a conference reorganization especially with the amount of dollars at play. And those dollars will drive the decision making. Not any sense of loyalty. But I hope you are right. And no I am not worried about aliens revealing themselves to join the AAC and I don't think I suggested that or anything analogous to that.

Comment

And no I am not worried about aliens revealing themselves to join the AAC and I don't think I suggested that or anything analogous to that.
                      Martians, I'm not worried about -- they work hard and will contribute by placing top 5 regularly. But Jovians? They just want free conference handouts.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Where did they say that?
                        I also heard this yesterday afternoon. A National talking head (I’m not sure who or for whom he worked) on 810 saying that after making lots of phone calls, the Pac12, BIG, and the ACC had zero interest in adopting any Big12 school after OU and Texas leave. His prediction was zero movement at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          ESPN is scared .... /s

Dear Bob ....

Disney has better lawyers (and resources) than the B12.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Disney has better lawyers (and resources) than the B12.
                            Burke isn’t the lawyer. He is head of programming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Burke isn’t the lawyer. He is head of programming.
                              I’m sure he drafted that on his own without any review from the legal department.

Comment

• Royal, that video you posted from Annie Agar was great! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X