Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army/VCU would be nice. Good football and basketball adds.

If (and that's a big variable) Rice would commit to investing in sports, it COULD work.. Lots of $$$ at that school, great academically, Houston market.

Buffalo has been solid in both sports for a couple seasons and would probably welcome the chance to jump, if (or even including) Army/VCU doesn't work.

Liberty wouldn't be the worst addition. Have been rising both basketball and football. Close to ECU. Big student population/amuni base.

If they want to go South UAB or ULL could be considered

Going West starts to get tricky, with the travel and time zones, but Boise, CSU, and AFA are close without being too far (I would say SDSU would be a slam-dunk no-brainer based on sports alone if other variables weren't involved).

The other question is, do they want to expand to 14 or 16 teams? Either to keep it that it that way or in anticipation of Memphis and SMU leaving?
    The Assman

Comment

• None of any of the mentioned teams come even close to UCF, Houston, Cinci.

we are ****ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Army/VCU would be nice. Good football and basketball adds.

If (and that's a big variable) Rice would commit to investing in sports, it COULD work.. Lots of $$$ at that school, great academically, Houston market.

Buffalo has been solid in both sports for a couple seasons and would probably welcome the chance to jump, if (or even including) Army/VCU doesn't work.

Liberty wouldn't be the worst addition. Have been rising both basketball and football. Close to ECU. Big student population/amuni base.

If they want to go South UAB or ULL could be considered

Going West starts to get tricky, with the travel and time zones, but Boise, CSU, and AFA are close without being too far (I would say SDSU would be a slam-dunk no-brainer based on sports alone if other variables weren't involved).

The other question is, do they want to expand to 14 or 16 teams? Either to keep it that it that way or in anticipation of Memphis and SMU leaving?
        I'll be SHOCKED if they can pull any basketball only adds, so i wouldn't count on VCU. No only do I think the focus will be on football, but why would VCU come? If Memphis and SMU are potentially leaving .. it really only leaves Wichita State holding the BB up. The A10 is better for them at that point (depending on who else we add)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'll be SHOCKED if they can pull any basketball only adds, so i wouldn't count on VCU. No only do I think the focus will be on football, but why would VCU come? If Memphis and SMU are potentially leaving .. it really only leaves Wichita State holding the BB up. The A10 is better for them at that point (depending on who else we add)
          It's all speculative.

I never said what would/wouldn't happen.
          The Assman

Comment

• If the AAC can bring in SDSU they should do it yesterday!! And not just because I live in SD. They have a good football team and are building a brand new stadium. The basketball team is top notch and recruits very well. They have a very good fan base and sell out nearly every game in a fantastic arena. Baseball is competitive every year as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              If the AAC can bring in SDSU they should do it yesterday!! And not just because I live in SD. They have a good football team and are building a brand new stadium. The basketball team is top notch and recruits very well. They have a very good fan base and sell out nearly every game in a fantastic arena.
              You live in South Dakota? You have a hot governor!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You live in South Dakota? You have a hot governor!
                LOL!!!! Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

LOL!!!! Hilarious.
                  I'll be here all week

Speaking of hilarious....

Comment

I'll be here all week

https://twitter.com/A_Twice3/status/...115816458?s=19
                    God, our AD is f’n bafoon

Comment

I'll be here all week

https://twitter.com/A_Twice3/status/...115816458?s=19
                      "It's too much work for me to try to switch conferences again"

Comment

I'll be SHOCKED if they can pull any basketball only adds, so i wouldn't count on VCU.
                        I assumed he meant a football only (Army) and everything else (VCU) pairing similar to the Navy/WSU pairing. But as you say why would VCU leave what seems to be a stable basketball-focused conference for a joint venture with Army where Army would have the power (assuming the same dynamic was the Navy/WSU pairing) in a conference that will not doubt increase VCU's costs significantly and a conference that at this stage of the game is seemingly much less stable than the A-10.

Comment

"It's too much work for me to try to switch conferences again"
                          The only good thing about this is I have more faith in Aresco than I do in Boatright.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post

God, our AD is f’n bafoon
                            "Get a BRAIN! MORANS"
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

The only good thing about this is I have more faith in Aresco than I do in Boatright.
                              And what has Aresco done to give you confidence? Lose Cincy, Houston and UCF with perhaps Memphis, SMU and USF to follow in the not too distant future.

With the Big East sitting at 11 schools after having just added a public university on the east end of the conference ADDB and the big money boys that support Wichita State should be laser focused on what it would take to wrangle an invite form the best basketball focused conference in the country. You at least have to try.

Otherwise, all things considered, we might be just as well off back in the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And what has Aresco done to give you confidence? Lose Cincy, Houston and UCF with perhaps Memphis, SMU and USF to follow in the not too distant future.

With the Big East sitting at 11 schools after having just added a public university on the east end of the conference ADDB and the big money boys that support Wichita State should be laser focused on what it would take to wrangle an invite form the best basketball focused conference in the country. You at least have to try.

Otherwise, all things considered, we might be just as well off back in the Valley.
                                Completely agree with we need to do whatever is necessary to get into Big East. Get in at all cost!

But honestly, what could Aresco have done to convince all three to stay? Pretty obvious now that no one in the Lil' 8 was going to jump ship into AAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X