No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big deal at all with TE. He is doing what he should to get an evaluation of what teams at the next level want to see him do. If he is able to take what he learns from this and apply it to his game, he has the potential to be a 1st round pick. But, not this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      How good is the Pleasant lad?
      He was a better scorer than anyone on the Shocks' front-line this year, and rebounder, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I heard coach Brown mention thus far he's the "gem" of the class...
        really?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

really?
          I'm personally more excited for McFarlane, but I can see Pleasant being the "gem" of the class. He's established and versatile and will probably come in and start right away.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

really?
            My ears are old and my brain forever young, but that's the fact Jack!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              my guess is the NBA wants to see him expand his PG skills, which he may have a chance to do this coming season.
              It's not necessary for Tyson to play the PG position in order to expand his PG skills. He just needs to continue to work on his drive and dish skills, and improve on his ball handling. He already does pretty well in those areas. He just needs to continue to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm personally more excited for McFarlane, but I can see Pleasant being the "gem" of the class. He's established and versatile and will probably come in and start right away.
                That would awesome for the Shocks to have 2 6'8" starters on the front line! Or, even 6'10" and 6'8" starters.

Drake and Loyola both had bigger front lines than the Shocks did this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Jayden Seymour to East Tennessee State
                  Closer to home, scenic wooded hills, and now a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Thinking that in his case the Covid year at WSU was a big negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That would awesome for the Shocks to have 2 6'8" starters on the front line! Or, even 6'10" and 6'8" starters.

Drake and Loyola both had bigger front lines than the Shocks did this year.
                    I'd love to see McFarlane take a starting spot at some point during the season. 6'10" and 6'8" would look a lot better. Especially considering the improvement it would bring to those positions in athleticism and versatility.

One can dream.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'd love to see McFarlane take a starting spot at some point during the season. 6'10" and 6'8" would look a lot better. Especially considering the improvement it would bring to those positions in athleticism and versatility.

One can dream.
                      Morris Udeze is going to be difficult to dislodge with his experience and work ethic. He’s a perfect example of why young guys should stick around and develop. Once they are in their 3rd and 4th year, it’s going to take a heck of a player to take your spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Morris Udeze is going to be difficult to dislodge with his experience and work ethic. He’s a perfect example of why young guys should stick around and develop. Once they are in their 3rd and 4th year, it’s going to take a heck of a player to take your spot.
                        I could even see Udeze coming back for a 5th year. I don't think there are too many 6'8 Centers (who are questionable rebounders) playing pro ball these days.

Comment

• Udeze still has a limited skillset. Yes, he's worked hard, but we really don't benefit if he's playing 25 minutes a game. I know we had depth issues last year that unfortunately made it a need. But he's not that good with his back to the basket unless he's against way overmatched defenders. He's not a good or willing passer. He can't really face up and provide much. Hopefully with more depth, he won't play so much ole defense. Get him within two feet of the basket and he's much better. That's usually done with drive and dish opportunities where all he has to do is dunk it or lay it in.

He has a place, we're just better off if someone unseats him at some point. He's definitely not a game changer or someone I'd consider a go to option when you need a basket.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Udeze still has a limited skillset. Yes, he's worked hard, but we really don't benefit if he's playing 25 minutes a game. I know we had depth issues last year that unfortunately made it a need. But he's not that good with his back to the basket unless he's against way overmatched defenders. He's not a good or willing passer. He can't really face up and provide much. Hopefully with more depth, he won't play so much ole defense. Get him within two feet of the basket and he's much better. That's usually done with drive and dish opportunities where all he has to do is dunk it or lay it in.

He has a place, we're just better off if someone unseats him at some point. He's definitely not a game changer or someone I'd consider a go to option when you need a basket.
                            I would call him serviceable. If he makes a stride as he did last year he will be even more serviceable. As you said, his skillset is limited.

Comment

• I agree he has limitations, so did Carl Hall. Carl came back his senior year with a 8-10’ jumper. No reason Morris can’t do the same. He still has more to bring to the table next year and maybe the year after.

Comment

• I would love to see Udeze develop that mid range shot like Carl Hall. He just needs to get in the gym and practice making the catch and shooting the ball. If he can improve his free throws he should be able to do this. The range of the shots are about the same. It would make Udeze harder to guard.

In fact several players at WSU should develop this shot. Especially RCIV and Clarence Jackson. Those two already know how to get to the cup and shoot 3 pointers but shooting that midrange shot would make them very hard to guard. I was impressed on Arkansas, and UCLA players could make that midrange pull up. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X