2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If he can do what I listed above, I'll then give him that credit. IMO, he won't do that again. If he wins a National Championship, I'll be glad to eat crow and put him above GM. He will then be deserving.
    I’m just not that interested, at this point, in trying to project where he will end up in comparison to GM. That’s all TBD.

He has a head start that Gregg didn’t because the previous coach (Marshall) left him with a solid if small group of returning players and several talented new comers, not to mention the clout he built around the WSU name due to his massive success.

He has an AAC Regular Season Championship, something GM does not. To be fair, I have zero doubt GM would have won multiple champs eventually and he deserves at least some credit for this one.

He made the NCAA tournament in his first year. It took GM five. Again, GM deserves some credit for this tourney appearance and it’s not his fault Turgeon absconded in the middle of the night leaving next to nothing for the following coach.

IB started his WSU head coaching career 10 games above .500 whereas Marshall started 9 games under. Obviously he quickly erased that deficit to become the winningest coach in Shocker history.

Now you’ve roped me into doing what I said I didn’t want to, comparing the two coaches.

Marshall is the GOAT at WSU, in my opinion. I understand some prefer Ralph Miller, that’s fine too. Marshall was wildly successful here and it’s going to be incredibly difficult for any coach to match that success, let alone top it. And yet, the story for IB’s tenure is unwritten. I’m willing to see how it goes and leave the historical judgements for later.
    Last edited by pie n eye; April 14, 2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Sorry but on this your wrong.

Elite 8 yes, beat KU, and National Rankings several years, but no F4, 34-0, #1 Seed in NCAA Tourney, Sweet 16, NIT Championship, NIT F4, National Rankings almost every year, etc.
      But for, what I felt was an unfounded probation, we had an excellent chance at a national championship. Ranked 2nd in the nation when probation came down. He took a program that was arguably in worse shape than the one GM took over and returned it to National Prominence. I think it is a similar accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

But for, what I felt was an unfounded probation, we had an excellent chance at a national championship. Ranked 2nd in the nation when probation came down. He took a program that was arguably in worse shape than the one GM took over and returned it to National Prominence. I think it is a similar accomplishment.
        I agree with what could have been which was really good for a short amount of time. His accomplishments were similar but for a shorter time, and therefore not as many.

Comment

Sorry but on this your wrong.

Elite 8 yes, beat KU, and National Rankings several years, but no F4, 34-0, #1 Seed in NCAA Tourney, Sweet 16, NIT Championship, NIT F4, National Rankings almost every year, etc.
          And no probation!

Comment

• Sounds like they passed the transfer rule .. BUT it only applies to first time transfers. That includes retroactively. So players in the transfer portal right now would have to apply for a waiver if they have already transferred once in their career. That wont affect any of our recruits so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Sounds like they passed the transfer rule .. BUT it only applies to first time transfers. That includes retroactively. So players in the transfer portal right now would have to apply for a waiver if they have already transferred once in their career. That wont affect any of our recruits so far.
              Is this year not a free transfer regardless?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Is this year not a free transfer regardless?
                I do not believe they have issued a blanket waiver for this year like they did last year.

Comment

• Comment

• Good for him. Wish him the beat.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Trey Wade to Nevada.

Comment

• Is that an upgrade for him? Good luck Trey!

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          Is that an upgrade for him? Good luck Trey!
                          Teamwise no. Personally, probably yes. I don't know Nevada's roster, but he'll probably have more opportunity to be "the guy" there than he would have had here.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            Trey Wade to Nevada.

Playing with Sherfield again.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Playing with Sherfield again.
                              I’ll betcha that’s what happened here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Teamwise no. Personally, probably yes. I don't know Nevada's roster, but he'll probably have more opportunity to be "the guy" there than he would have had here.
                                If he is their "the guy", it's a downgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X