Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
    Maybe he just forgot. Since he is not involved in scheduling, I doubt he has ever cared one way or the other about playing K-State. He’s from Mississippi and I’m from Wichita and I haven’t cared about playing them in a long time.
    Who asked if he cared about playing them? Maybe he should care.. because you know.. they're on the freaking schedule. I would've thought that would've been talked about the last year before it actually became official last fall. Did he just forget about it like he forgets to put certain players into games?

IDGAF about playing K-State. But a Big 12 team got put on the schedule from this state for the first time in nearly 20 years and was talked about a lot in the fall... to not knowing anything about it? I hope whatever recruit he was infatuated with on the brain during the coach's show was one he actually lands since it caused severe clouded memory during that hour in the public eye.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here’s a thought - maybe *we as fans* are the ones who don’t know the current status of the series. Maybe the terms of the contract changed for some reason or another, as some others previously pointed out. Seems like a minor thing to blow out of proportion at this point, especially if you didn’t actually listen to what IB said on the show. Whatever it is, sounds like IB will hash it out with Bruce.

**Also sounds like he was pretty on top of it with the KC tourney. Making the K-State deal even dumber to worry about.
      Last edited by shockersx; March 30, 2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

So now KState is a Q1 game. **** is deep in here
        Dang, you sound like CNN. Ignore 90% of what was said and and take a small sniper out of context.

I said he knows what is on the schedule next year. I said I think he is focused on improving it. I said he probably misspoke on KSU. I said it’s because he is trying to upgrade the schedule quality.

Complete translation for the CNN crew:

K-State was 182nd NET ranked team. A must win game. He isn’t focused on that team. He is focused on the better teams they are trying to schedule to improve our NET ranking of 72.

Translation for you (Kindergarten version):

KSU is just not a very good team. We need to play good teams to set us up to be able to go to the dance. Coach is hard at work to find us good teams to play.

I tried to keep all the words 5 letters or less for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          If he was reaching out to the school in Manhattan ... maybe he was trying to line up Manhattan Christian College so we have a team we can beat the pulp out of in order to pump up our NET ranking!

(yes i realize they, if they actually field some sort of team, wouldn't actually count in the NET)
          Some on here think a non con game vs K St is our golden goose to a tourney bid every year.

Pretty sure those posters would be on board with trading our top recruit to Kansas State each season for a scheduled game the following season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Dang, you sound like CNN. Ignore 90% of what was said and and take a small sniper out of context.

I said he knows what is on the schedule next year. I said I think he is focused on improving it. I said he probably misspoke on KSU. I said it’s because he is trying to upgrade the schedule quality.

Complete translation for the CNN crew:

K-State was 182nd NET ranked team. A must win game. He isn’t focused on that team. He is focused on the better teams they are trying to schedule to improve our NET ranking of 72.

Translation for you (Kindergarten version):

KSU is just not a very good team. We need to play good teams to set us up to be able to go to the dance. Coach is hard at work to find us good teams to play.

I tried to keep all the words 5 letters or less for you.
            Thanks for the clarification

Comment

• I think we need to concentrate on what wasn't said and what it means to the program moving forward. That will give us about 10 pages of conjecture and mindless bull. After all it is the off season.

Comment

• This thread is painful to read

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Some on here think a non con game vs K St is our golden goose to a tourney bid every year.

Pretty sure those posters would be on board with trading our top recruit to Kansas State each season for a scheduled game the following season.
                  To MANY on here it has nothing to do with a tourney bid, it's solely for bragging rights against their neighbor/friend/cousin etc.

Comment

• Anyone care to paraphrase what was actually said about the K-State game? I mean, I could listen to the recording but I'm REALLY lazy.

You guys are arguing about this and no one has actually ever mentioned what HCIB said or didn't say.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      Anyone care to paraphrase what was actually said about the K-State game? I mean, I could listen to the recording but I'm REALLY lazy.

You guys are arguing about this and no one has actually ever mentioned what HCIB said or didn't say.
                      MK asked about KState since we didn't play the exhibition game was it still on for this year. IB said nothing for sure right now, but he planned on talking to the coaches from KU and KState in the next couple of weeks about scheduling possibilities. I'm not sure MK or IB know for certain we are playing KState. I thought it was set but who knows.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• IB also said we are involved recruiting a couple of "big time" players and we should get commitments in the next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                          IB also said we are involved recruiting a couple of "big time" players and we should get commitments in the next week.
                          Have a feeling his idea of "big time" may not line up with some people here and their pipe dreams.

As long as it fills the holes I won't complain until we can see them in action!
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• IB told players that it is really easy to get into the portal but hard to get back out. I'm assuming he meant out into a better situation. He tells them if they want to play more then get into the gym and work on your game. He isn't going to play them because he likes them he is going to play them if he thinks they will help the team win games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Have a feeling his idea of "big time" may not line up with some people here and their pipe dreams.

As long as it fills the holes I won't complain until we can see them in action!
                              Will be interesting to see. They will be his first recruiting wins as a head coach. I'm not expecting Antoine but even Henry would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Animal husbandry competitions?

Crop judging?
                                Don't forget the Dairy judging. It all about those Mammaries!

Comment

Working...
                                X