Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Doesn't someone other than the HC take on the bulk of scheduling? HC has veto power or whatever, but I'm pretty sure isn't all that hands on with most of it. And with Covid derailing a lot of things, I could see where there could be some confusion on what games will take place when or if certain contracts will get voided for varying reasons.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic. I would not expect IB to be worried about the non conference schedule next year, especially not a game that was contracted before he became head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I want my HC out there recruiting and not worrying about scheduling. That is what your DOBO and assistant AD's are for.
      Sarcasm. I’m 100% on board with your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sarcasm. I’m 100% on board with your post.
        Figured so.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I want my HC out there recruiting and not worrying about scheduling. That is what your DOBO and assistant AD's are for.
          Seriously...

Recruiting should absolutely be the #1 priority now with plenty of spots to fill and a massive pool to search through.

Comment

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I would not expect IB to be worried about the non conference schedule next year, especially not a game that was contracted before he became head coach.
            I didn’t say he had to be putting scheduling over recruiting. But to not know about the game at all was baffling.

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I didn’t say he had to be putting scheduling over recruiting. But to not know about the game at all was baffling.
              No, but the implication (“yikes”) is that here is a big misstep and reason we should be worried about this hire.

I wasn’t able to listen to the show, maybe you can fill me in on exactly what he said and I will share more of your concern.

Comment

• I would have thought IB would know about K-State.

Given how everything has transpired since the series contract was signed - and that the HC isn’t in charge of it. It doesn’t shock me that he wasn’t aware.

Comment

No, but the implication (“yikes”) is that here is a big misstep and reason we should be worried about this hire.

I wasn’t able to listen to the show, maybe you can fill me in on exactly what he said and I will share more of your concern.
                  I thought “yikes” was pretty well-mannered and conservative. There were certainly more options out there if I wanted to show more disdain and disbelief.

I was caught off guard that the head coach was unaware at all about the K-State series. Call me harsh but I figured maybe he would’ve known about it since it’s been in the news within the last 8 months.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

it might have opened a loophole so Weber can schedule a for sure win.
                    Is anything a for sure win with KSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Weber can schedule a for sure win.
                      Yeah. They could schedule Ft Hays State again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Can you watch it online? If so, do you have a link? Thanks.
                        I didn't watch it. But you can still listen to it if you have the Radio.com app.

Go to KFH channel

pull up the "player"

select "rewind" at the bottom and swipe until you find "Spain & Fitz 6pm-8pm"

Select that show and it will be the coaches show.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I thought one minor tidbit from last night’s show was interesting when HCIB talked about practicing with one brand of basketball (under armour), versus playing with a Wilson game ball. Different feel, different touch...can make a difference in shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            I thought one minor tidbit from last night’s show was interesting when HCIB talked about practicing with one brand of basketball (under armour), versus playing with a Wilson game ball. Different feel, different touch...can make a difference in shooting.
                            But can’t any team use that excuse?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I guess so. Just paraphrasing (best I could remember) what HCIB mentioned.

Comment

I didn’t get the impression he was using it as an excuse for the loss; he used it as an ‘example’ of excuses that could be used by some, but said ultimately there were no excuses for losing a 12 point lead twice.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X