X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    He isn’t in charge of scheduling correct? I’m seriously asking. I always thought that was delegated.

This isn’t and shouldn’t be controversial.

He probably should have known. But given the circumstances of the last 6 months, I’m not really sure it’s surprising that he didn’t know - nor is it a big deal.
    It is delegated, but the head coach obviously has final say on game options.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

key words “THEY THINK”
      It appears you missed the point of the post because the key words were “FIND A THERAPIST”
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

It is delegated, but the head coach obviously has final say on game options.
        Probably already decided tho so no input needed.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I agree. He is not in charge of scheduling and since Webber was the one that backed out this year right after he was made IHC he probably didn’t think to ask if they backed out of the whole contract or not. It was a whirlwind season that he was taking one game at a time. As soon as the season was over he started in on player retention and coach retention and scouting players. Familiarizing himself with the non-con next year is probably on his list for next week.
          I'm no 'Cat lover, but how in the world was Weber the one who backed out of this year's game? That was an NCAA decision, canceling all exhibition type games.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Probably already decided tho so no input needed.
            He was not the head coach when the series was agreed upon. Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not.

But that fact is a big one.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Are you really this dense? You think securing a game with K State gives us a better chance to make the tourney than improving our roster via additions and player development? Yea makes sense lmao.

We already have several showcase games in the non con.

In case you're unaware, no one outside of Wichita and Manhattan cares if we play Kansas effin State next season.
              *reading post in thread* Nope, don’t see that anywhere.

I do see posters insinuating HCIB is incompetent when it comes to scheduling. Think it is funny they are calling me out for saying he is well aware of who is on the calendar for next year, and that this was a misstatement.

HCIB is a true professional. While I continue to have concerns, it is not the behind the scenes day to day activities that concern me. He has made a living doing that. It is the big decisions that worry me.

Are you so dense to not comprehend that 3 5* players on the roster cannot replace a Q1 win?? With zero Q1 wins, there is zero chance you get an at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

damn the man just got hired officially and has to deal with recruiting and settling in the new position, can you give him time to get accustomed at least?
                I might be misremembering, but he has been on staff for 6 years here correct? He's not some outsider settling into Wichita 5 months ago.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

*reading post in thread* Nope, don’t see that anywhere.

I do see posters insinuating HCIB is incompetent when it comes to scheduling. Think it is funny they are calling me out for saying he is well aware of who is on the calendar for next year, and that this was a misstatement.

HCIB is a true professional. While I continue to have concerns, it is not the behind the scenes day to day activities that concern me. He has made a living doing that. It is the big decisions that worry me.

Are you so dense to not comprehend that 3 5* players on the roster cannot replace a Q1 win?? With zero Q1 wins, there is zero chance you get an at-large.
                  So now KState is a Q1 game. **** is deep in here

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But can’t any team use that excuse?
                    There is whole analytics study about how teams using UA balls perform poorly in the tournament. The balls are significantly different.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

There is whole analytics study about how teams using UA balls perform poorly in the tournament. The balls are significantly different.
                      In addition- I know there are gambling experts who review tournament lines and focus on what ball the programs use for practice, home games, etc to see which teams must make the adjustment.

Comment

• Maybe he just forgot. Since he is not involved in scheduling, I doubt he has ever cared one way or the other about playing K-State. He’s from Mississippi and I’m from Wichita and I haven’t cared about playing them in a long time.

Comment

• Considering they’re coming off back to back 20 loss seasons... could not care less about playing them. If they’d been relevant the last couple years I’d probably feel differently.

Cool if it happens. Don’t care if it doesn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Then maybe balls shouldn't be that different. Or maybe we should only exclusively use the balls that are used at the NCAA Tournament.

Sure seems like a big fat excuse to me.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If he was reaching out to the school in Manhattan ... maybe he was trying to line up Manhattan Christian College so we have a team we can beat the pulp out of in order to pump up our NET ranking!

(yes i realize they, if they actually field some sort of team, wouldn't actually count in the NET)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                                Considering they’re coming off back to back 20 loss seasons... could not care less about playing them. If they’d been relevant the last couple years I’d probably feel differently.

Cool if it happens. Don’t care if it doesn’t.
                                I really care only because my in-laws are K-Staters and on occasion drop some dumb comments. My SIL wore a purple dress to my wife’s WSU graduation a few years ago. I was not happy.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X