• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Brown: Head Coach

5-year deal worth 6 million.

Comment

This makes me a little giddy.

In 3 years I may want him gone, but I think a 3 year investment into this man is worth it. And if he is successful, he will be here a long, long time.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

As i posted in the other thread. This is a drastic and fast turnaround from the statement made by Boatright just yesterday that they were going to wait until the end of the season.

That said. I think it's the right thing to do. Congrats Head Coach Isaac Brown

Comment

No surprise and honestly the right move at this time.

It's all about the buyout. JUST in case things go South in a couple years..

But, I hope he is here for many, many SUCCESSFUL years!

Gratz coach Brown!
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              ??? Did a stick cause that???

Comment

Only real beef I have is not knowing what kind of, if any, coaching search was conducted. I've seen things I like, but also seen things that make me wish we knew how to run an offense. I'm not mad about the hire, just don't think we blew the roof off either.

Comment

Hoping it's a deal where IB told Boatright "I've got a 6-10 stud who eats glass and blocks shots in his sleep ready to sign tomorrow. Let's do this."
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Coach Brown earned this job plain and simple. I hope he continues to "earn" this job every day for the next five years (and more). Could not be happier for the guy.

I'm still surprised WSU didn't wait until the end of the year to make this decision.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                      Hoping it's a deal where IB told Boatright "I've got a 6-10 stud who eats glass and blocks shots in his sleep ready to sign tomorrow. Let's do this."
                      That is the one question mark with HCIB. It would be great if we had a commitment lined up with this announcement to really ring in the new era.

Comment

Congrats to IB. I hope you make it to 10 Final Fours and win 4 Nattys.

Now, time to get your team to play defense and rebound like they did against Houston and not have that be just a one game occurrence!!! (Otherwise, your team might start to be on the losing end of all those 5> point games)
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Congrats to IB. I hope you make it to 10 Final Fours and win 4 Nattys.

Now, time to get your team to play defense and rebound like they did against Houston and not have that be just a one game occurrence!!! (Otherwise, your team might start to be on the losing end of all those 5> point games)
                          There’s a fine line between winning and losing. Would this move have been made if USF makes one more FT and UCF hits shot a buzzer?
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

There’s a fine line between winning and losing. Would this move have been made if USF makes one more FT and UCF hits shot a buzzer?
                            What if Cunningham misses that 3 ....

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What if Cunningham misses that 3 ....
                              Yup!

Can dissect this a million different ways.

Just gonna get behind them, support them as always and hope for the best!
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X