No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I begin my evaluation of coach Brown today. He did a good job of coaching WSU through this year. This was not a normal year. i can’t say he is a good coach any more than I can say that coach K at Duke and Calipari at Kentucky are bad coaches.

How he does with recruiting and coaching next year when he hopefully coaches about 30 games will tell me more than what I know now. I wish him and the team the best. Time will tell how good he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Wait till April to hire a coach and RC, CJ, JS, and possibly TE are in the portal after the last game of the season. AG and Trey are likely to not come back for their extra year. Want to explain to me how WSU can get a decent coach while potentially looking at that type of a rebuild?

There have been multiple posts suggesting that Boatright and Jans don't get along. If those posts were accurate, Jans was never going to be a candidate. Either Boatright would never consider Jans or Jans would never consider working for Boatright.

Here's a thought. Let's fire IB, pay his buyout and hire Drake's coach. then we can see how well Drake's coach can do with a new roster instead of a roster that's been together a few years.
      I think you vastly overestimate the negatives of a rebuild. You think a coach is going to see 10k+ fans and a couple mil a year and say “nah, we might lose a lot of games my first year there”? I don’t see it.

I actually would’ve been fine with bringing Drake’s coach in for an interview at the end of the season but apparently we needed to lock up our HC with 15 games of experience to a 5 year deal.

If Boatright wouldn’t hire Jans I think Archie would’ve been a great fit at WSU. But once again, apparently we don’t conduct coaching searches here.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I think you vastly overestimate the negatives of a rebuild. You think a coach is going to see 10k+ fans and a couple mil a year and say “nah, we might lose a lot of games my first year there”? I don’t see it.

I actually would’ve been fine with bringing Drake’s coach in for an interview at the end of the season but apparently we needed to lock up our HC with 15 games of experience to a 5 year deal.

If Boatright wouldn’t hire Jans I think Archie would’ve been a great fit at WSU. But once again, apparently we don’t conduct coaching searches here.
        This was straight up a political, knee jerk hire. We are the laughingstock of college basketball right now.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Boatright succumbed to the pressure of social media and the media pundits. I don’t know whether IB is the right guy or not the right guy due to so many other variables to review besides just W/L.

He certainly made an early decision and I suppose he put his job on the line not so much based on selecting IB but rather not even conducting a search.

Comment

• Not to highjack IB’s thread, but I agree that Archie could have a great fit at WSU.

Hopefully, IB makes that a moot point.
            The Assman

Comment

• Really hope that Boatright is done very soon and the new AD has the stones to go find his guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Boatright succumbed to the pressure of social media and the media pundits.
                I hope that’s not the case, but it sure feels like it.

Sad thing is, everyone else, besides some WSU fans, would have moved on to the next hot story and forgotten all about WSU’s feel good IB story (for the most part).

Again, hopefully IB is the right guy and he was hired because of that; not for other reasons and variables.

Time will tell.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Boatright succumbed to the pressure of social media and the media pundits. I don’t know whether IB is the right guy or not the right guy due to so many other variables to review besides just W/L.

He certainly made an early decision and I suppose he put his job on the line not so much based on selecting IB but rather not even conducting a search.

It's also possible that some serious donors were putting pressure on him but I doubt that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It's also possible that some serious donors were putting pressure on him but I doubt that.
                    Considering most of them wanted to keep Marshall and we’re vocal about it, I doubt this as well.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

This was straight up a political, knee jerk hire. We are the laughingstock of college basketball right now.
                      and that bolded part isn't a knee jerk reaction? We literally beat the spread last night. We were 2 pt underdogs.

You want to know when we were ACTUALLY the laughing stock of college basketball? October and November.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Overreaction level 100

Comment

• For those who are wondering about the coaching search, if you really want to, you can ask WSU to give you copies of Boatright's emails via the open requests site. There was a request they made public just recently because they closed it of someone who did that last month but then never got back to them after they gave him a cost esitmate. Here was the request - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1216/

1. any emails, as well as any related attachments, sent to or from Wichita State Athletic Director Darron Boatright’s university email account (“dboatright@goshockers.com”), as well as any personal email accounts he uses for university business, starting Nov. 18, 2020 and ending January 20, 2021 that include “basketball coach” “coaching search” “potential candidates” “agents” or “search firm,” relating to any men’s basketball coaching search or potential mens basketball coaching search or information regarding the future of men’s basketball program
                          and here was WSU's reply

On February 3, 2021, the University informed you that the estimated cost to process this request was approximately $350.00. The required prepayment of fees has not been received by WSU. As it has been more than 30 days since the last communication on this request, the University now considers KORA request #1216 withdrawn and therefore closed.
                          So if one thinks any of his emails has search material, file an open record request for your criteria, but be willing to pay any cost. The point is, if you really want to find out you can vs just speculating or wondering if it exists. Here are some other recent examples of requests for emails from the AD with the actual emails given - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1344/ and https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1312/
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

and that bolded part isn't a knee jerk reaction? We literally beat the spread last night. We were 2 pt underdogs.

You want to know when we were ACTUALLY the laughing stock of college basketball? October and November.
                            lol yippee!!! We covered a Vegas spread against DRAKE!!! And looked GREAT doing it!!!

FIVE MORE YEARS!
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Boatright is a pushover?? No way.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You can be proud that WSU only lost by one to Drake. That says a lot more about your belief in IB (or lack thereof) than actually vocalizing it.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X