Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That is because Marshall reloaded with a CLE. There also was those new frosh of Fred & Ron.

I do look forward to what happens with recruiting this off-season. If HCIB can somehow swing 1 or 2 big recruits, some of the chirping will subside.
    Absolutely, although barring lots of transfers we are bringing back a much larger core than that group (that year we graduated 63% of the minutes played, while this year even if no senior return we will graduate only 28% of minutes played). Both player development and recruiting will be big factors. Dex's numbers the past two years have been pretty stable, so while I would love to see a breakout senior year, I think it is more likely that we know what we are getting there. Both Tyson and Mo showed real improvement this season, but both clearly have areas they can still improve. Will they plateau or will they continue to get better? How much better will Ricky and the other newcomers get? You don't have to project wildly unrealistic growth out of our current group to think that we are not far off from a strong team for next year with the addition of a couple good pieces.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• “Coaching and winning is hard.” ~~ Isaac Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Absolutely, although barring lots of transfers we are bringing back a much larger core than that group (that year we graduated 63% of the minutes played, while this year even if no senior return we will graduate only 28% of minutes played). Both player development and recruiting will be big factors. Dex's numbers the past two years have been pretty stable, so while I would love to see a breakout senior year, I think it is more likely that we know what we are getting there. Both Tyson and Mo showed real improvement this season, but both clearly have areas they can still improve. Will they plateau or will they continue to get better? How much better will Ricky and the other newcomers get? You don't have to project wildly unrealistic growth out of our current group to think that we are not far off from a strong team for next year with the addition of a couple good pieces.
        I'm actually really excited for Dexter's senior year. Him and Mo really picked it up at the end of the year and I think there is still a ton of room to grow. I'm still waiting on Dex to just posterize everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not proud we lost a game we should have won ...

I'm not dumb enough to think losing a game (that we were underdogs) by 1 means the AAC Regular Season champs that made the NCAA tourney is the laughing stock of college basketball.

Yet again, we were the laughing stock when half our team transferred, then it's very publicly brought out that our Coach is accused of a lot of TERRIBLE things ... then he steps down to avoid having a report come out that would incriminate both him and the AD. THAT is when we were the laughing stock. That's where Cincy is right now... or USF ....

You can be super upset about a 1 point loss .. that says more about your hard on for Gregg Marshall and your inability to accept anyone else as head coach.
          The only laughingstock is in your mirror everyday and your the one with the itch for Marshall. You spew lies or crappy analysis in most of your posts. You continue to defame the best coach we’ve ever had for no reason. You can’t see that you’re the one that hasn’t moved on. Furthermore, you know **** about what happened so just pull for IB but STFU about Gregg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

The only laughingstock is in your mirror everyday and your the one with the itch for Marshall. You spew lies or crappy analysis in most of your posts. You continue to defame the best coach we’ve ever had for no reason. You can’t see that you’re the one that hasn’t moved on. Furthermore, you know **** about what happened so just pull for IB but STFU about Gregg!
            You are battling to be the worst poster on this board. So you should probably just sit this out.

Comment

You are battling to be the worst poster on this board. So you should probably just sit this out.
              LMFAO. You should talk.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

The biggest jump is from the Frosh to Soph year.

Juco players also seem to have a good jump between 1st and 2nd year.

Players in their Junior and Senior years are pretty much who they are. So here is what we are looking at for next year.

Are who they are
                Tyson E.
                Dexter
                Mo

Growth
                Ricky Council

Juco Growth
                Clarence J.
                Porter

Non-Factors
                IPC - he is regressing when their should be growth
                Bilau - injury prone, I would put no expectations.

Are who they Are - if they come back
                AG
                Trey

I have heard talk these two want to go ahead and start getting paid.

Comment

• Let’s be real. Joe Dooley is a better Head Coach than Isaac Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                    Let’s be real. Joe Dooley is a better Head Coach than Isaac Brown.
                    Umm, not sure I'd go that far.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The biggest jump is from the Frosh to Soph year.

Juco players also seem to have a good jump between 1st and 2nd year.

Players in their Junior and Senior years are pretty much who they are. So here is what we are looking at for next year.

Are who they are
                      Tyson E.
                      Dexter
                      Mo

Growth
                      Ricky Council

Juco Growth
                      Clarence J.
                      Porter

Non-Factors
                      IPC - he is regressing when their should be growth
                      Bilau - injury prone, I would put no expectations.

Are who they Are - if they come back
                      AG
                      Trey

I have heard talk these two want to go ahead and start getting paid.
                      I think that is generally fair. I would make notes about both Tyson and Mo, however.

For Tyson, when you are the go-to guy that defenses key on, I think that there is still room to grow in how you respond to that defensive attention.

For Mo, big men sometimes see decent growth their senior years. Take Paul Miller for example:

Scoring from sophomore to senior year went from 8.6 -> 10.8 -> 13.1 (so essentially the same increase from Junior to Senior as from Sophomore to Junior)
                      Rebounding went from 5.6 -> 5.2 -> 6.2
                      Assists went from 0.7 - 0.6 - 1.2 (in other words a big jump in effectively passing out of the post his senior season)

I would also add Seymour as someone to pay attention to because the main thing he needed was time in the weight room. At 6'9" with the ability to shoot from 3, if he can't be muscled around he could see a lot more of the court.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• It's pretty freaking funny reading people implying Brown is a crappy coach for losing a game we had no business being at in the first place. Half the team transferred, the best coach we've ever had was run out on a rail two weeks before the season started, the season itself was a cluster thanks to a worldwide pandemic, and we were picked to finish seventh in the conference in the first place. Absolutely no one on here with an ounce of integrity will say that he thought we would even be in the tournament at the start of the season. Then here comes a guy who takes on that job with basically no notice, under awful conditions no less, and takes that team on to win the conference and make the tournament. We crapped the bed in a play-in game. It happens. Give the guy a freaking minute and see what he does, then maybe re-assess. It's not like he didn't earn that right with what he did during the season.

Comment

I'm actually really excited for Dexter's senior year. Him and Mo really picked it up at the end of the year and I think there is still a ton of room to grow. I'm still waiting on Dex to just posterize everyone.
                          Dexter is pretty good at some things but we need a rim protector. He can barely touch the net on defense. That is why he is out rebounded too. He can’t jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                            It's pretty freaking funny reading people implying Brown is a crappy coach for losing a game we had no business being at in the first place. Half the team transferred, the best coach we've ever had was run out on a rail two weeks before the season started, the season itself was a cluster thanks to a worldwide pandemic, and we were picked to finish seventh in the conference in the first place. Absolutely no one on here with an ounce of integrity will say that he thought we would even be in the tournament at the start of the season. Then here comes a guy who takes on that job with basically no notice, under awful conditions no less, and takes that team on to win the conference and make the tournament. We crapped the bed in a play-in game. It happens. Give the guy a freaking minute and see what he does, then maybe re-assess. It's not like he didn't earn that right with what he did during the season.
                            IB did fine this year. I think most are concerned about the long term but IB can show everyone how good he is. It’s in front of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

IB did fine this year. I think most are concerned about the long term but IB can show everyone how good he is. It’s in front of him.
                              He did? Memphis put their finger up his a$$ and the Shox lost to a Drake team they are physically superior to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Dexter is pretty good at some things but we need a rim protector. He can barely touch the net on defense. That is why he is out rebounded too. He can’t jump.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X