Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I accept him as our coach. However, my support of him doesn’t dissolve questions of whether he will have long term success. Each success that he has will ease my and others concerns. It would be nice to win a couple of games in the tournament, but I don’t have those expectations on this team. Soon, recruiting will be front and center, and if IB can sign a top 4* recruit, and/or an additional big man recruit will Go a long way to show he can do this.

However, people just telling me that I need to Blindly believe that our program will remain a Top 40-50 Program will turn me and others off.
    So, signing players Marshall was never able to sign is the criteria for accepting IB as the Shox coach? FVV and Shamet were not top 4* pros[ects.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

So, signing players Marshall was never able to sign is the criteria for accepting IB as the Shox coach? FVV and Shamet were not top 4* pros[ects.
      Landry was.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Landry was.
        My thought is that top 4* would border on 5*. so high 4* would be something like 50, maybe 75. I didn't think Shamet was that high. He may have been 4*, but I don't believe he was a high 4*.

Comment

My thought is that top 4* would border on 5*. so high 4* would be something like 50, maybe 75. I didn't think Shamet was that high. He may have been 4*, but I don't believe he was a high 4*.
          He was in the 80s.

I agree though. 50-80 would be a great range to start getting to sign.
          The Assman

Comment

Well you're an idiot (everything is Marshall to you when I thought your continual point was to say he is gone) but, to your point, I'd take a Top 100-200 player or two. Is that more succinct for you? Whenever anyone questions IB, your come back is always Marshall isn't it? I think you are the one who is consumed and won't move on. As I have said, IB is our coach, I'm in his corner, and I'm hoping he is successful for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well you're an idiot (everything is Marshall to you when I thought your continual point was to say he is gone) but, to your point, I'd take a Top 100-200 player or two. Is that more succinct for you? Whenever anyone questions IB, your come back is always Marshall isn't it? I think you are the one who is consumed and won't move on. As I have said, IB is our coach, I'm in his corner, and I'm hoping he is successful for years to come.
              This

Comment

• Serious question, do they have head coaching camps/clinics?

IB got thrown into the job with no experience or time to even learn to become a HC.

While I have been and I still am skeptical of IB being the long term solution, perhaps a couple full off-seasons, going to some clinics, and working with guys like GM and BK he can learn to hone in inn and develop his HCing style and skills.

Just a thought.
                The Assman

Comment

• Just saying, IB was a premature hire for HC.
                  When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Serious question, do they have head coaching camps/clinics?

IB got thrown into the job with no experience or time to even learn to become a HC.

While I have been and I still am skeptical of IB being the long term solution, perhaps a couple full off-seasons, going to some clinics, and working with guys like GM and BK he can learn to hone in inn and develop his HCing style and skills.

Just a thought.
                    Top,
                    Nice thought if he was coaching at a JC or SunBelt team.
                    This is a program that was a #1 seed in the tournament 5 years ago, not some low level semi D1 program.
                    WSU should be hiring a coach who was had the training, been through the wars and has the pedigree to not just maintain a upper level status but move on to even elite status.
                    'Nuff said.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Wait till April to hire a coach and RC, CJ, JS, and possibly TE are in the portal after the last game of the season. AG and Trey are likely to not come back for their extra year. Want to explain to me how WSU can get a decent coach while potentially looking at that type of a rebuild?

There have been multiple posts suggesting that Boatright and Jans don't get along. If those posts were accurate, Jans was never going to be a candidate. Either Boatright would never consider Jans or Jans would never consider working for Boatright.

Here's a thought. Let's fire IB, pay his buyout and hire Drake's coach. then we can see how well Drake's coach can do with a new roster instead of a roster that's been together a few years.

Comment

• I’ll repeat what I posted on another thread; key is whether this “players coach” can tell some players that they can’t cut it and then move on.

Comment

• There's not much else to say about Coach Brown at this point. He literally had one of the best first years as a head coach at a major D1 school in the history of college basketball. It feels like fools gold though for various reasons including perceived BBIQ deficiencies. But it was with all those same deficiencies that we won a lot of ball games. Marshall's offense looked like **** at times too and it seemed we never had a guy who could penetrate worth a ****. Then he would never call a freakin' time out. All those seem like deficiencies yet look what he accomplished. Perspective.

The thing to look for is recruiting. It's all about recruiting. If Coach Brown raises some eyebrows on the recruiting trail, the program will be just fine.

Our defense was pretty nasty today too.

All we needed was for our star player to score 3 pts then we'd have our one win in the NCAA's - which I think would be all a reasonable person could have expected this year. He just needed to score 3 pts...

Comment

• This is all Tyson’s fault. Period. End of story. Tyson decided all the sets to run. Tyson chose the subs.

I hope he just moves on to the NBA so we can start winning tournament games again.

*Sarcasm, because some of you are thic*

We had a great COVID year. Real world starts today. Time to get to work. We are behind.

Comment

Wait till April to hire a coach and RC, CJ, JS, and possibly TE are in the portal after the last game of the season. AG and Trey are likely to not come back for their extra year. Want to explain to me how WSU can get a decent coach while potentially looking at that type of a rebuild?

There have been multiple posts suggesting that Boatright and Jans don't get along. If those posts were accurate, Jans was never going to be a candidate. Either Boatright would never consider Jans or Jans would never consider working for Boatright.

Here's a thought. Let's fire IB, pay his buyout and hire Drake's coach. then we can see how well Drake's coach can do with a new roster instead of a roster that's been together a few years.
                              Then so be it. The pond is full of fish. It’s slightly easier to put a team together than it is to find a competent head coach.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Wait till April to hire a coach and RC, CJ, JS, and possibly TE are in the portal after the last game of the season. AG and Trey are likely to not come back for their extra year.
                                This is the poorest reasoning to make any hire and is extremely short sighted. We would be better off rebuilding with the right coach than keeping players and falling off when the wrong one.

Again, IB may or may not work out, but I fear we hired him before any search was done for this reason. If so, it's just another reason why the new president will need to make a change at AD
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X