• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Starting bid....
    - $100,000 for Coach of the Year
    - $100,000 for AAC Title.
    - Big budget to award assistant coaches and maybe hire another assistant coach (if needed) for making March Madness!!!

And suggested by Mrs. AZ Shocker...a 5 year membership to Wichita's BEST SPA for Mrs. Brown!!!!

Off to a good start?????
    don't forget car allowance and premier parking spot for cocky track kids to park

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Incentives for Brown are still being negotiated. Will be interesting to see how much he gets for winning a conference title, how much he gets for conference CoY, and how much he gets for an NCAA invite.
      Would anything negotiated in his new contract apply to this year? I suppose you can negotiate anything you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Juwan Howard will be COY in any important poll etc.
        i'll stick by isaac brown.. NCOY

usf will be a tough out, i would think, but.. gotta fight 'em right back. they will be coming in to upset the apple cart.
        Last edited by another shocker; March 4, 2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

don't forget car allowance and premier parking spot for cocky track kids to park
          too soon...

Comment

• For reference purposes, here's a link to all of Gregg Marshall's contracts in case one wants to see the incentives he received - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/838/ - things start in section 3 of the contracts. First contract was the 2007-4-16 one and the last is the 2015-9-24.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• just a thought as i love incentive based contracts:

$5,000 for maintaining eligibility to compete for championships (930 i believe)
              $25,000 for exceeding expectations in conference race (picked 7th this year vs current standings)
              $25,000 for maintaining a top 40 schedule nationally
              $20,000 for winning the conference championship
              $25,000 for making the ncaa tournament
              $50,000 for making the sweet 16
              $75,000 for making the final four
              $150,000 for appearing in the national championship game
              $250,000 for winning it all

Comment

• They added a bunch of records to the open records request log Saturday afternoon, including a Letter Of Intent (LOI) signed by Coach Brown on March 4, 2021, to become head coach. It mentions in the first paragraph that the LOI will be incorporated into an employment agreement at a later date. It states the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five.

The LOI doesn't include any incentive payments - that will probably show up in the formal employment agreement later on. It does have the amounts if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains. Compensation is reduced if he takes another job. Section 14 covers what happens if he terminates the contract, which he can only do in years 4-5. If he quits in year 4, he owes half of his remaining pay, and if he quits in year 5, he owes 25% of his remaining pay.

The last two pages outline his duties as head coach.

Link to request and LOI - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1336/
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• 6 players transferred out after last season and one graduated, leaving only 5 players with any D1 experience on the roster. That was followed by a great recruiting effort. Then a top-40 coach resigned one week before the first game and an assistant coach took over. 7 new players were blended in with the 5 returning players to form a cohesive team and decent substitution patterns and player rotations.

That situation ended up with the team winning a conference regular-season championship with a top-20 team in second place. If that had happened at any other school, we'd be amazed at how that brand new head coach could pull that off.

There's a lot of regret (and some grieving and frustration) that Marshall is gone, but IB has earned some serious respect. Marshall prepared IB to be ready to take over a HC job. IB demonstrated he was ready to do that and able to do that.

There's still some concern about IB's ability to recruit. He doesn't have the rep that Marshall had. Compared to where IB's recruiting capability was 2 months ago, it just went through the roof.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• All the way class by Kellen Marshall. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        All the way class by Kellen Marshall. Go Shocks.
                        You know, I always thought he was the poster child for nepotism privilege at games, but post WSU Kellen I like

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

You know, I always thought he was the poster child for nepotism privilege at games, but post WSU Kellen I like
                          Yeah because he obviously had a dad who was going to let him get by without working for it...

And he seemed like a guy who was really phoning it in on the sidelines...

*sarcasm*

Comment

Real nice. Kellen shows grace and you call him a poster child for nepotism and privilege and you like him “post WSU”. More gratuitous slamming of our hall of fame coach or his family for no reason. Go kick your dog.

Comment

• You misunderstand... no doubt he worked for his dad... but he was pretty out there with his theatrics at games... seriously I’m the only one who saw that?
                              and pretty much a stretch to “ kick his family”... liked coach Marshall a lot!

Comment

You misunderstand... no doubt he worked for his dad... but he was pretty out there with his theatrics at games... seriously I’m the only one who saw that?
                                and pretty much a stretch to “ kick his family”... liked coach Marshall a lot!
                                He's probably more of a true Wichita State fan than you or maybe everyone on here. He grew up from his formative years as a "true Shocker fan", not a Graduate Assistant on the bench. I show more theatrics in the stands when I go to a game because I get excited. Some people are very emotional and act as fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X