No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if Billy Kennedy will return but supposedly Greg Lansing will not be retained next year by Indiana State even though he is 14-9 this year and the 2nd winningest coach in their history. I can think of a lot worse candidates for assistant coaches than him. He was also friends with our staff.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Barry Hinson either.

Comment

• Add in Marty Simmons and get the entire MVC band back together!
        The Assman

Comment

• If we pick up a Hoosier high school level coach I prefer Norman Dale!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Not sure if Billy Kennedy will return but supposedly Greg Lansing will not be retained next year by Indiana State even though he is 14-9 this year and the 2nd winningest coach in their history. I can think of a lot worse candidates for assistant coaches than him. He was also friends with our staff.
            I aways liked Lansing . A good coach and down to earth personality. Double hell no to Barry Hinson.

Comment

• I do not know Sherfeld but I’ll come to bat a bit for him... he was by no means in a normal circumstance last year... he seems to be fine where he is now... I would take him again with different coaching

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Which is amazing, because it’s not quite as frequent for men over 50.
                Good one. Made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  I do not know Sherfeld but I’ll come to bat a bit for him... he was by no means in a normal circumstance last year... he seems to be fine where he is now... I would take him again with different coaching
                  There is a good reason. He is the MAN. Plays almost 35 mpg, leads in scoring while putting out 6 assists a game. One other player plays more than 26 mpg (30.9). Take a look at who they beat and lost to in the non-con and 4 teams potentially in the Dance (crazy nuts) or not, he's not playing against the AAC or teams like OSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzu. They've just gone the last 8 minutes against Utah St and scored 2 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Not sure if Billy Kennedy will return but supposedly Greg Lansing will not be retained next year by Indiana State even though he is 14-9 this year and the 2nd winningest coach in their history. I can think of a lot worse candidates for assistant coaches than him. He was also friends with our staff.
                    Greg Lansing can coach. Period. He's produced a consistent middle of the pack valley team and done so on a shoestring budget - even by MVC standards. He's in an impossible situation. ISU will quickly find out how good they had it.

I never mentioned it, but had thought he'd be a solid hire @ WSU depending on how the coaching situations in Terre Haute and Wichita played out. Now that we know it's IB's job, if you can add Lansing to the staff you do it and don't think twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Greg Lansing can coach. Period.
                      He's produced a consistent middle of the pack valley team
                      One of these is not like the other.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

One of these is not like the other.
                        Don't quote me without full context. Duechebag.

When you rank at the bottom in resources it absolutely is. Dudes coaching in a top 10-11 league with the resources of a SWAC team. He's consistently punched above his weight class.

The few years he had talent he won. The other seasons he took a bunch of DII quality players and was competitive in a mid-major conference.

Comment

• Not to sound like a broken record, but honestly, it’s time to move past whether you think this is the best hire and get back to supporting the kids and program. COVID has hit all programs hard, and this is a chance for us as fans to flex our collective muscles and build for the future.

Baseball, Volleyball, Softball, and other programs also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Not to sound like a broken record, but honestly, it’s time to move past whether you think this is the best hire and get back to supporting the kids and program. COVID has hit all programs hard, and this is a chance for us as fans to flex our collective muscles and build for the future.

This

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Not to sound like a broken record, but honestly, it’s time to move past whether you think this is the best hire and get back to supporting the kids and program. COVID has hit all programs hard, and this is a chance for us as fans to flex our collective muscles and build for the future.

I think it has evolved into potential assistants if Kennedy or one of the others move on.

Comment

• Hinson was an incredibly successful coach at MoSt considering his recruiting budget was a tank of gas and whatever the school could get for selling some cows (that actually happened). Lowery had run SIU so far into the ground that it was virtually impossible to bring it back.

You can't hate IB for his lack of HC exp and also not want Hinson on the staff as an assistant. If IB hired Hinson to minimize the weakness of IB's lack of HC experience, that would still be a problem? If that's your way of thinking, then no matter what IB does, you're going to think it's wrong

For some reason, some posters don't want IB as the HC, and anything IB would do to minimize the criticism (lack of HC exp) is also unacceptable.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X