No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Head Coach Brown! I’ve been very impressed with him and the entire staff this season. Given the whole situation, the fact that this team isn’t in shambles is amazing. The fact that they’re contending is completely remarkable in a very unremarkable time.

Don’t know if Brown is the long term answer (who really does, right now?) but I think he’s worth investing in to find out.

There’s a little trepidation about him being a first time head coach but if he can keep at least 2 of the 3 assistants next season then it’s less of a worry to me.

Brown is a longtime assistant and a first time head coach at 51. Which might bring some hesitance from fans so here’s a recent example of a longtime assistant becoming a first time head coach at 50, Brad Underwood. He’s on his third school but that’s because the other two school wouldn’t/couldn’t pay him for the success he had on the court. If Brown wins at the same clip as Underwood he won’t be on his third school. He’ll be here and paid accordingly! Obviously this isn’t a 1 to 1 comparable and chasing the exceptions to the rule is the quickest way to be disappointed but just something to keep in mind.

Congrats again Coach!
    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
      if he can keep at least 2 of the 3 assistants next season then it’s less of a worry to me.
      That really needs to happen

Comment

• In March of 1941 Eisenhower was 50 years old and had just been promoted to full colonel after being a Major for SIXTEEN years.

Four years later he was one of the most famous people in the world and led the largest military force the world will probably ever see, barring an invasion of aliens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
          In March of 1941 Eisenhower was 50 years old and had just been promoted to full colonel after being a Major for SIXTEEN years.

Four years later he was one of the most famous people in the world and led the largest military force the world will probably ever see, barring an invasion of aliens.
          Now that is a good example of rising to the occassion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Now that is a good example of rising to the occassion.
            Which is amazing, because it’s not quite as frequent for men over 50.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I am a big Eisenhower fan. His son wrote him to inquire about applying to West Point in 1939/40. Ike replied that the Army had been very good to him but he expected to retire as a colonel.

Comment

• The reactions of our players to the announcement that Coach Brown had been selected to be their Head Coach, clearly cemented the fact, that at this point in time, this was the right decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  The reactions of our players to the announcement that Coach Brown had been selected to be their Head Coach, clearly cemented the fact, that at this point in time, this was the right decision.
                  I just hope a bunch of 4* recruits feel the same way about wanting to come play for him!! ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

• This is a good hire. He's done a great job in a difficult situation. He's also a lot more likeable than Marshall so if he keeps winning, it should help with boosters and recruits. Genuinely happy for you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I just hope a bunch of 4* recruits feel the same way about wanting to come play for him!! ;)
                      Not if they’re anything like Grant Sherfield

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Not if they’re anything like Grant Sherfield
                        Zaga’s 4* players aren’t like him.
                        The Assman

Comment

Zaga’s 4* players aren’t like him.
                          Not sure we’ll be much competition for a 4* kid getting recruited by Gonzaga lol

Comment

Not sure we’ll be much competition for a 4* kid getting recruited by Gonzaga lol
                            I assumed you meant in terms of attitude and demeanor.

Not all highly rated players are like that, was my point.
                            The Assman

Comment

I assumed you meant in terms of attitude and demeanor.

Not all highly rated players are like that, was my point.
                              Ah I gotcha. Also to your point, iirc Tyson was a four star prospect and by all means has a great attitude and work ethic.

Sherfield was probably a poor reference by me

Comment

Ah I gotcha. Also to your point, iirc Tyson was a four star prospect and by all means has a great attitude and work ethic.

Sherfield was probably a poor reference by me
                                Not unfounded though. Not all top recruits pan out.

But I would love to start seeing them land players between Top 50-100 regularly (with players <50 as icing on the cake and players 100< >150 to fill out classes), because they pan out more than they don’t.

What can I say, I’m a dreamer! :)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X