Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

I would just like to offer, and encourage, anyone else who feels this way to kindly leave. Don’t make the next 2-3 years a bunch of “I told you so” or “if Marshall was still coach” crap. If you don’t like the decision, keep it to yourself.
    Dude this is Shockernet. Our posters can change positions during a game let alone over several years.

Coach Brown earned his shot. I am happy for him and the team. I wish him nothing but success. I’ve never met him but he seems like a good man. He says all the right things.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Coach Brown earned his shot. I am happy for him and the team. I wish him nothing but success. I’ve never met him but he seems like a good man. He says all the right things.
      Kinda the way I feel

Comment

Look at the scenario many posters wanted.

As soon as the NCAA tourney is over, start talking to coaches. Line up some interviews. Wait to see what happens on the coaching carousel before finalizing anything.

IB isn't going to just sit around and wait. He's going to be getting some very good offers after the year he had. IB could be announced as the HC at another school while DB is still doing his "due diligence" in order to find the "best available" candidate. It's very possible the "best available" candidate just took another job.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Better handle our business against temple and Tulane or this place will become unbearable

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Better handle our business against temple and Tulane or this place will become unbearable
            Two teams we should beat if we want to be Top1-3 in our conference. That are probably 2 of the bottom 3 teams in our 11 team conference. A little close at home imo. However, I’m not sure about unbearable.

Besides, I want to win the league this year and that would be a nice feather in IB’s cap and a good start.
            Last edited by Shockm; February 26, 2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

anybody know what the buyout is or the walkaway money?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                anybody know what the buyout is or the walkaway money?
                I believe this was just a verbal agreement ... Might take a bit for the written agreement to be signed and released with all the details.

Comment

Kind of curious if Asst Coach Kennedy will stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
                    Congratulations permanent head coach Isaac Brown. This team has ovérachieved this year so far and he is on track for being named league coach of the year. If that happens, there is no way they could have denied him this job and not look like complete morons running the show. I wish him much success and for those of you who didn't like the hire, I'm not sure what your so upset about. The team will have a solid core returning next year and if for whatever reason it doesn't pan out in about three years, there is probably not that big a buyout at that point to move on. Like the way he connects with the players and offers support beyond their life on the court as Shockers !!
                    he might be on track for national coach of the year.. If they win the AAC regular season title. that would be a major story.. up there with gonzaga and baylor. If they win the AAC regular season title.

Comment

Juwan Howard will be COY in any important poll etc.

Comment

Congrats to Coach Isaac Brown. In a world full of used car salespersons, he is a reminder you can be a great guy and still succeed.

He must build a bench of coaches that believe they can succeed at a higher level than they currently are.

The task is far from over. The bench is the key to any leaders success.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I get it we want the best and we should. But at some point if you're dating a girl and she's getting the job done you put a ring on it and close down your Match.com. May be that IB had offers and had more cards to play than we know. He has certainly acquitted himself well so far.
                          This is a nice analogy as to the hiring of HCIB. Perhaps take it a little further in that ADDB has already reached out to his top candidates and did not get the warm and fuzzy feeling that they would be interested in pursuing anything down the road. Congratulations to Coach Isaac Brown. As others have pointed out he made it damn hard not to offer him the job. As always Go Shocks.

Comment

Great for HCIB. Congrats to him. I believe he has earned this. I had a feeling something was in the works just based on how the staff has been hitting the recruiting trail lately.

Comment

Rewatched that video of the team hearing the news for the first time and didn’t see Dexter. Wonder if he’s in protocol or maybe it’s nothing.

Comment

Congratulations to Wichita State Head Coach Brown. He and the team have earned this. There's no reason at this point to doubt HCIB, as I have seen him adapt and improve markedly. The players believe in him, the administration believe in him, and now Shocker Nation can decisively move forward, and our new leader HCIB laying the foundation.

My instinct tells me this will work out very well for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X