Wichita State vs. Temple Game Thread 2-7-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You’ve seen this strategy in action before? Like I said, it sounds great when dipshit announcer says it but I’ve never seen a team do it before and I’m not sure that it’s as simple as you guys are making it seem. I could be wrong.
    Hell I've seen high school teams do it. 5 guys standing at the arc watching the inbounder and reacting to the pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Waiting for someone to come in and tell how great we are since we’re still tied for first. This team is only lucky that the rest of the league sucks donkey doo. We are not good right now.
      Agree with this.

Comment

• Whew!!!!!!! The Shocks dodge the bullet of their own making and pulled out another win. 20 lead changes. Keeping the Owls off their offensive glass was like pulling hens teeth and that problem kept the flood gates open to the very last 1/2 a tick of the game clock. Good thing the Owls were not making many of their 3's or we would have been in trouble. Mo is improved this Season including free throws. However, once the rock goes into him, and it is him against 3 Owls, I then wonder "WHO, Who Who" is open for our black and yellow? ET led our beloved Shocks to this needed win. DD made some big shots towards the end that helped a bunch. A win is a win is a win, but in future games, we need to box out and clean more glass, and maybe work for better shots than what we witnessed today at times. Like I said last game, just win, even if it is somewhat ugly, but win. Nice win Shocks!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Predictably, look at what direction the conversation suddenly turns to. Billy Kennedy surely knows the strategy. Why didn’t he grab his inexperienced head coach and set him straight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoinescar View Post

Won’t matter. It’s Houston and everyone else.
            Just like it doesn't matter that it's ... Well whoever wins the Valley tourney and no one else

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Whew!!!!!!! The Shocks dodge the bullet of their own making and pulled out another win. 20 lead changes. Keeping the Owls off their offensive glass was like pulling hens teeth and that problem kept the flood gates open to the very last 1/2 a tick of the game clock. Good thing the Owls were not making many of their 3's or we would have been in trouble. Mo is improved this Season including free throws. However, once the rock goes into him, and it is him against 3 Owls, I then wonder "WHO, Who Who" is open for our black and yellow? ET led our beloved Shocks to this needed win. DD made some big shots towards the end that helped a bunch. A win is a win is a win, but in future games, we need to box out and clean more glass, and maybe work for better shots than what we witnessed today at times. Like I said last game, just win, even if it is somewhat ugly, but win. Nice win Shocks!!!!!!!
              Yeah , I love those wins over teams with losing records

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just like it doesn't matter that it's ... Well whoever wins the Valley tourney and no one else
                And WSU will be sitting at home.

Comment

• The only saving grace is that Houston can be beat. They are not great, they are just the most consistent team in this conference. A UH loss in the conference tourney is not far fetched at all.

Comment

Waiting for someone to come in and tell how great we are since we’re still tied for first. This team is only lucky that the rest of the league sucks donkey doo. We are not good right now.
                    We are not tied for first place.

Comment

The season isn’t over. We need to play better to stay in the position we’re in but we control our own destiny in terms of conference finish and NCAA bid. You wouldn’t take that in October considering all the **** that’s happened this year?

I don’t think anyone is claiming that we are great or are even playing great. I believe there are small improvements we can make that would turn games like these into 5-10 point wins but it remains to be seen if we will make those improvements.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                        We are not tied for first place.
                        technically not, but 1st place still runs though wichita - at least for now.

Comment

technically not, but 1st place still runs though wichita - at least for now.
                          Bwhahahha

Comment

• We coulda used IPBC today. He might have mad e a difference in the post.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Hell I've seen high school teams do it. 5 guys standing at the arc watching the inbounder and reacting to the pass.
                              There you go, I stand corrected. If it works at the HS level it surely translates to college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoinescar View Post

Emporia state and Newman sure were great wins.

Hope you cherished all that cute grab-assin' while you could. It's about to end...

Comment

Working...
                                X