No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Temple Game Thread 2-7-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And that last play is why Mr. Koch needs to be on the phone making a call to Las Cruces, NM.
    Why in the hell were there any shocker players in the middle of the lane and not just defending the 3 point line?
    Made absolutely zero sense.
    Why not try and bait Temple into throwing the ball in under the three point line?
    Jeezus its not that fricking complicated.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Happy for the win...but the warts sure showed. 8 assists!!???

Comment

• Well, jeez. I want to puke after watching that game. I thought the refs were garbage and couldn’t stand listening to the color guy but somehow we won. And I think we were the better team for most of the game.

Now I can relax, drink, eat and watch the super bowl.

Comment

• A win is a win

Comment

• I know we got beat on the boards, but my goodness, how many of their offensive boards were off of air balls in the first half? At least 5. Those are extremely hard to rebound. And then the one that banked up off the top of the backboard came down hit the rim again. You take all those out and it doesn’t seem so bad

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I meant hold on inbounds. Sorry.

Doesn’t matter!
              Maybe not this game considering how Temple had 17 offensive rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                And that last play is why Mr. Koch needs to be on the phone making a call to Las Cruces, NM.
                Why in the hell were there any shocker players in the middle of the lane and not just defending the 3 point line?
                Why not try and bait Temple into throwing the ball in under the three point line?

That is all.
                ZERO reason not to zone the 3 point line

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yep. Are we a little bit lucky? Are we as good as our record might indicate? It is kind of amazing how this team can pull out wins while playing pretty ugly basketball.

I thought Dexter's trey and his 2 free throws were really big late in the game.
                  How lucky are we when the other team is getting banked in threes with regularity? We make our own luck and need to play better though, absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                    And that last play is why Mr. Koch needs to be on the phone making a call to Las Cruces, NM.

That is all.
                    Yes, that was most perplexing

Comment

• I am now firmly in the camp that IB is not the coach to take this program forward. Ugly, ugly basketball.

Comment

• We made the FTs when we had too. If we ever start playing more team ball we will be pretty darn good. Ole Miss, Missouri and Okie State helping our strength of schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

ZERO reason not to zone the 3 point line
                          Or face any player with back to the 3 point line. No reason to defend inside it.

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen a team not guard inside the arc as you all are saying? I mean it sounds so simple when you say it but it doesn’t really make sense when you think about how you’re going to execute that in reality.

Comment

• Pretty sad that Temple has become our "rival". We should be sitting at the adult table instead.

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Temple Owls NCAAM game from February 7, 2021 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

the numbers look a lot better than the game did

Comment

Working...
                                X