2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Burton is starting for the 17th ranked Texas Tech. He had the 3rd highest minutes in this last game. He was a good player for the Shocks and he was the one player that I wish would have stayed.
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Texas Tech squeezes by Abiline Christian 51-44. Jamarius did play 33 minutes. 4 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 6 turnovers.
    Starting guard, Terrance Shannon Jr., did not play due to an ankle sprain. Burton moved from his 6th man roll to starter and additional minutes were also available.

Comment

• Texas Tech is a real powerhouse. That score cannot be correct. They play in the tough Big 12 conference and Abilene Christian is a Midmajor. Time to do an investigation to see if Abilene Christians players were using steroids.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Because he wasn't getting enough PG time due to Sherfield or because Sherfield left?

I don't think either. From Burton's tweets posted here, I think MikeKennedyRulZ might be closer than you think.
        Details? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Washington guard finished with 3 points, 4 rebounds, and two turnovers in 26 minutes. 1-5 from the field (right around his average of 28%).
          That guard has an interesting career stats trend. OK as a Fr. Nearly doubled his ppg as a So when coached by someone who, in the words of that guard's father, "broke his spirit". Then in his Jr years, with a different coach, he's doing worse than he did as a Fr.

View the profile of West Virginia Mountaineers Guard Erik Stevenson on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Burton is starting for the 17th ranked Texas Tech. He had the 3rd highest minutes in this last game. He was a good player for the Shocks and he was the one player that I wish would have stayed.
            He is a good basketball player but if he is TT's best Point Guard option, they don't have good options for a true point guard. I wouldn't mind him playing here but my best place for him to play would be mostly 3 and some back up 1 to Gilbert. I think our Point Guard options are improved this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He is a good basketball player but if he is TT's best Point Guard option, they don't have good options for a true point guard. I wouldn't mind him playing here but my best place for him to play would be mostly 3 and some back up 1 to Gilbert. I think our Point Guard options are improved this year.
              I think we have at least 3 better options honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Details? Thanks.
                You can go through 100+ pages in the Annual Transfer thread as well as I, but I'm not spending the time. As well as JB's tweet or 2, I remember there was also a tweet from his sister indicating "style of coaching" was not in line with the family's religious upbringing. That's why I was surprised he was headed to TT and Coach Beard.

I would think that the players all knew who was leaving before it happened. If so, JB would know that GS and NF were gone and that would free up a bunch of minutes at the PG. That didn't sway JB from leaving. He also left a program where he had the most minutes per game on the team to one which was full of established non-senior guards, including the point. Besides the other junior PG (who has been starting every game this year), there was a sophomore-to-be combo guard that was ranked nationally as 38th overall. Therefore, I do not see playing time, even at the point, would have been a problem for JB at WSU, but probably a problem at TT this year and in the future.

You tell me why you think he left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We are in much better shape at the point with Trevin and Craig backing up Alterique at the point vs JB in my opinion.

Jamarius might fit in backing up Dexter at the 3 although ultimately I think RC4 will be a better option than JB. And we we haven't had a chance to see Chaunce Jenkins and what he might be capable of. JB is a physically strong player and has that and his experience as an advantage over RC4 and Chaunce. But I think RC4 definitely and maybe even Chaunce have more upside and perhaps have more pure athleticism to build on.

That said I hope JB enjoys his time at TT and is able to get his degree. Seemed like a pretty good dude to me.

Comment

You can go through 100+ pages in the Annual Transfer thread as well as I, but I'm not spending the time. As well as JB's tweet or 2, I remember there was also a tweet from his sister indicating "style of coaching" was not in line with the family's religious upbringing. That's why I was surprised he was headed to TT and Coach Beard.

I would think that the players all knew who was leaving before it happened. If so, JB would know that GS and NF were gone and that would free up a bunch of minutes at the PG. That didn't sway JB from leaving. He also left a program where he had the most minutes per game on the team to one which was full of established non-senior guards, including the point. Besides the other junior PG (who has been starting every game this year), there was a sophomore-to-be combo guard that was ranked nationally as 38th overall. Therefore, I do not see playing time, even at the point, would have been a problem for JB at WSU, but probably a problem at TT this year and in the future.

I don't know JB's specific situation, but in general players don't know that each other are transferring unless they are SUPER close. I'm sure if you are a loud mouth like Erik, he would be spoutin' off about it, but he's an exception not the rule in my experience.

Also, I don't think JB would have known he was going to TT or even had TT on his radar when he entered the portal. Officially TT and any other school would not have been able to contact or talk to him until he entered the portal. Theoretically TT would not have known about JB, and JB would not have known TT would have a spot, until after he entered the portal. Even if a parent contacted that specific school, they _should_ not have talked to him (but you know how that often goes).

My gut tells me if he was spouting off about HC3GM, he was simply poisoned by you-know-who like several others.
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; December 10, 2020, 03:53 PM.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That guard has an interesting career stats trend. OK as a Fr. Nearly doubled his ppg as a So when coached by someone who, in the words of that guard's father, "broke his spirit". Then in his Jr years, with a different coach, he's doing worse than he did as a Fr.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...erik-stevenson
                      But he gets to show off in front of mama and daddy

Comment

• Coach K "kind of" putting his money where is mouth is. Duke not gonna play any more non-con games. I guess Covid doesn't spread in conference. It's a very smart virus. Wonder if he would do this if they were undefeated.

Comment

• Alabama coach Nate Oats throwing down on Coach K. I love it. Dude is spot on. If coach K cared so much about Covid, why was he wearing his mask like a chin strap during the game the other night?

Comment

• I’m sure K wasn’t liking the Ls he was taking on the chin. So what better way to avoid losing than to just not play at all???!!
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To butt in, I think JB was not happy with "promises" made to GS about being the point guard. FHCGM even mentioned during the mass exodus that promises may have been made, and that was a mistake. Not even sure it was coaching that led to his departure, but a perceived "betrayal" by his head coach.

Comment

• I like Burton. I wish he still played for us. Was he the greatest PG? No, but he played hard nosed and was a bull sometimes when we needed it.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X