2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Alabama coach Nate Oats throwing down on Coach K. I love it. Dude is spot on. If coach K cared so much about Covid, why was he wearing his mask like a chin strap during the game the other night?

I like this guy!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Alabama coach Nate Oats throwing down on Coach K. I love it. Dude is spot on. If coach K cared so much about Covid, why was he wearing his mask like a chin strap during the game the other night?

Anyone who starts a sentence with: “if Covid is so bad, then…“, Is a flipping idiot.

Comment

• As someone who was a Duke fan before K arrived (I rooted for 'em against Kentucky but the Goose was golden that night) and since, my opinion is as unbiased as it can get; Coack K sounds like a whining out of touch brat.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Anyone who starts a sentence with: “if Covid is so bad, then…“, Is a flipping idiot.
          Comprehension is hard, listen again, slowly and understand the context under which he was saying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

99.8%...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I like this guy!
              Is he lookin' for a job?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I don't know JB's specific situation, but in general players don't know that each other are transferring unless they are SUPER close. I'm sure if you are a loud mouth like Erik, he would be spoutin' off about it, but he's an exception not the rule in my experience.

Also, I don't think JB would have known he was going to TT or even had TT on his radar when he entered the portal. Officially TT and any other school would not have been able to contact or talk to him until he entered the portal. Theoretically TT would not have known about JB, and JB would not have known TT would have a spot, until after he entered the portal. Even if a parent contacted that specific school, they _should_ not have talked to him (but you know how that often goes).

My gut tells me if he was spouting off about HC3GM, he was simply poisoned by you-know-who like several others.
                Never meant to infer JB knew where he was going when he left. Just surprised that when he made his choice, that choice would not help or solve many of the possible problems he felt he had here. I think mattdalt has a good possible explanation in his post (#389) on what may have been a key to JB leaving.

Comment

• The point is moot. These players left for what ever reason real or imagined. I like the players that replaced them. I think position by position the replacements are better. That's all I have to say about that.

Comment

• Looking at the evidence that's available, I'm starting to see a common criteria for Reaves and Burton.

Part of my opinion is based on my friendship with football players in the early '70's. My close friends included a 6'5", 270 lb. JuCo trfr, the state HS 100-yard dash champion (who quit after his So season, but was picked up by the Chiefs). A QB with a multi-year NFL career and some votes for Rookie of the Year with the '49'er's.

They hated the coach. The coach never touched a player, but comments like "you couldn't knock a sick whore off a piss pot" irritated them. They felt it was total disrespect, and if their coach didn't respect them, how could they respect their coach?

Sometimes humiliating players inspires them to do better. It seems that (more often than not) sometimes it messes up team morale and team chemistry
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Looking at the evidence that's available, I'm starting to see a common criteria for Reaves and Burton.

Part of my opinion is based on my friendship with football players in the early '70's. My close friends included a 6'5", 270 lb. JuCo trfr, the state HS 100-yard dash champion (who quit after his So season, but was picked up by the Chiefs). A QB with a multi-year NFL career and some votes for Rookie of the Year with the '49'er's.

They hated the coach. The coach never touched a player, but comments like "you couldn't knock a sick whore off a piss pot" irritated them. They felt it was total disrespect, and if their coach didn't respect them, how could they respect their coach?

Sometimes humiliating players inspires them to do better. It seems that (more often than not) sometimes it messes up team morale and team chemistry
                      I agree with this...I think every good coach probably has a moment or two where an 'outside the box' approach (non Physical) works, but not as a steady stream of intimidation....
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; December 11, 2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        The point is moot. These players left for what ever reason real or imagined. I like the players that replaced them. I think position by position the replacements are better. That's all I have to say about that.
                        I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Looking at the evidence that's available, I'm starting to see a common criteria for Reaves and Burton.

100 percent of football programs has 2-3 coaches who players hate. This includes Div. 2. Most of these programs probably have 10 coaches or so so two or three out of 10 is probably where they are. Head Coaches like it when Asst. Coaches take on this role. You are naive if you don't know or at least suspect this.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Comment

• To be fair...Duke didn't actually cancel any games, they just chose not to reschedule the 3 that were cancelled. And they weren't going to lose any of them. They start ACC play on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X