No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley final is quality basketball. Don't think Drake gets in if they lose, but that would be unfortunate, especially since they lost their big man.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Valley final is quality basketball. Don't think Drake gets in if they lose, but that would be unfortunate, especially since they lost their big man.
      Sad to see so few fans at the game. I have a lot of good memories from that tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Sad to see so few fans at the game. I have a lot of good memories from that tournament.
        When Creighton and WSU were both rocking before they left, that place could really fill up.

It was nice to have a legitimate rivalry. Still missing that, IMO.
        The Assman

Comment

• WuDrWu,

Loyola is really good?
          Tell me where you get your pot because it is clearly better than what I can get in Arizona, and I haven't touched the stuff in over 30 years.
          Their center is their best player and Mittgard has far better numbers this year and would annihillate him.

Memphis would press and defend these guys out of the arena. The physical difference would be like WSU playing Heights.

Did you not just watch both games?

All of our commentators here must be Dumocrats.

I've never seen such a bunch of self-loathers.

Could you all try justifying why WSU should be in based on their results instead of explaining repeatedly how these obviously faulty and ludicrous "metrics" show we just don't measure up?

You would never see such self-loathers on a KU site.

Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee!

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
            WuDrWu,

Loyola is really good?
            Tell me where you get your pot because it is clearly better than what I can get in Arizona, and I haven't touched the stuff in over 30 years.
            Their center is their best player and Mittgard has far better numbers this year and would annihillate him.

Memphis would press and defend these guys out of the arena. The physical difference would be like WSU playing Heights.

Could you all try justifying why WSU should be in based on their results instead of explaining repeatedly how these obviously faulty and ludicrous "metrics" show we just don't measure up?

Let's see.....one at a time.........or not.

Wrong. On like a thousand levels.

Comment

WuDrWu,

Loyola is really good?

[redacted by KW]
              Last edited by Kung Wu; March 7, 2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Loyola just beat a team with a strength of schedule of 191 by 10 points. And Drake was missing their two best players!
                And you are going to explain to me how good Loyola is and that Memphis would not slaughter them?

This should be amusing.

By the way, Loyola has an equally bad strength of schedule and both take best wins, and only Quad one games are against each other.

So, yeah, I guess you are right and then NCAA coaches are wrong.
                Drake and Loyola deserve to be ranked 30 or 40 spots above WSU and Memphis!
                Sure.
                Ever heard of a guy named Potempkin?
                Look him up because that is the kind of world you and your fellow Net Ranking apologists live in.

Comment

• [redacted by KW]
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; March 7, 2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Loyola just beat a team with a strength of schedule of 191 by 10 points. And Drake was missing their two best players!
                    And you are going to explain to me how good Loyola is and that Memphis would not slaughter them?

This should be amusing.

By the way, Loyola has an equally bad strength of schedule and both take best wins, and only Quad one games are against each other.

So, yeah, I guess you are right and then NCAA coaches are wrong.
                    Drake and Loyola deserve to be ranked 30 or 40 spots above WSU and Memphis!
                    Sure.
                    Ever heard of a guy named Potempkin?
                    Look him up because that is the kind of world you and your fellow Net Ranking apologists live in.
                    Everyone here thinks the NET is crap. For different reasons, to be sure. But they think it's crap. We should be something like a 9 seed based on what we've done. Predictive metrics have us in the 60s-70s, which is about right, but has no bearing on binary results like wins and losses.

Loyola beat a Top 50 team by 10. Their strength of schedule is irrelevant. They are a Top 15 team.
                    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; March 7, 2021, 09:36 PM.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by swellafelon View Post
                      redacted by KW
                      Originally posted by swellafelon View Post
                      redacted by KW
                      Originally posted by swellafelon
                      redacted by KW
                      What the crap is this!!!! This is a sports forum. Kung Wu may be kind, but I'd can your tush. There is NO place for this kind of display here!!
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; March 7, 2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• If there is a policy against posting truthful information bearing on the credibility of a poster, I was unaware of it.
                        Please accept my apologies.

Edit: I searched the forum just now and found this post by Kung Wu: https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...19#post1273435

[redacted by KW]
                        Won't happen again, even though I have some pretty good stuff on ColdBlooded.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; March 7, 2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• MSU with a big win over UofM.

Trying to make a late bubble push.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Yikes this took a big left turn. Let’s get back to what matters:

Michigan State gets another Q1 and is going to be locked in the field of 68.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

What the crap is this!!!! This is a sports forum. Kung Wu may be kind, but I'd can your tush. There is NO place for this kind of display here!!
                              Agree...and we wonder why posters don’t use their real names.

Comment

• Banned him for seven days while I clean up the mess.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X