No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess for coach Marshall would be Iowa State!

Comment

• Coach M will probably be at the beach. I think he is done by choice.

Comment

• One more year off and someone will make the move. 3G is still too young to hang it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
          My guess for coach Marshall would be Iowa State!
          Goodness!!! If he went there, the coaching talent in that league would be absurd!!!

Well, except for Weber.....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            One more year off and someone will make the move. 3G is still too young to hang it up.
            Except 3G always said he wanted to enjoy his retirement and not be one of those that coaches too long to do so. This might be a little earlier than he'd planned, but I don't think he'd want to take another job for just a handful of years
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Except 3G always said he wanted to enjoy his retirement and not be one of those that coaches too long to do so. This might be a little earlier than he'd planned, but I don't think he'd want to take another job for just a handful of years
              But on the other hand does he want to go out the way he did or does he want to go out on a high note?

Comment

• Bubble Watch Today:

Boston College vs Duke: Boston College win should eliminate Duke from bubble talk

Comment

I think he will wait a year, and try to get an analyst gig on the tube. He usually did pretty good on the tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think he will wait a year, and try to get an analyst gig on the tube. He usually did pretty good on the tube.
                    I could see him doing something like that.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

But on the other hand does he want to go out the way he did or does he want to go out on a high note?
                      I get what you're saying, I'm just not sure he is wants to put in another 10 years or so. Go enjoy the beach with his wife, play golf and maybe get a TV gig
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• With the prevalence of cancel-culture right now, I'm not sure a TV gig is in his immediate future.

Comment

• That’s why he waits a year

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

If 3G went to Manhattan, damn near everyone on this forum would turn into closet kitty fans. Hell, I would.
                            I like 3G ... But not enough to cheer on KSU.... Only when they play KU.

Comment

And he said that before he ended up with a nest egg probably far beyond his imagination plus enjoying life at age 58 while getting $1.25 mil a year through age 64 isn't too bad. Now I guess if he gets tired of playing golf wherever he wants to and not have his employment dependent on finding and convincing the right group of teenagers to come play for him.

Not sure whether or not he is considered too toxic for a broadcasting gig. In this day and age that doesn't take too much.

He certainly has been laying low as far as I can tell since he was terminated and I can't say I blame him one bit if that's the case.

Plus he is the guy who said "how many hamburgers can you eat?". Now whether or not he really believed that is hard to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And he said that before he ended up with a nest egg probably far beyond his imagination plus enjoying life at age 58 while getting $1.25 mil a year through age 64 isn't too bad. Now I guess if he gets tired of playing golf wherever he wants to and not have his employment dependent on finding and convincing the right group of teenagers to come play for him.

Not sure whether or not he is considered too toxic for a broadcasting gig. In this day and age that doesn't take too much.

He certainly has been laying low as far as I can tell since he was terminated and I can't say I blame him one bit if that's the case.

Plus he is the guy who said "how many hamburgers can you eat?". Now whether or not he really believed that is hard to say.
                                I don't believe he'll be toxic next year (or maybe the year after) because he 'resigned' and wasn't 'fired.'

Comment

Working...
                                X