2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

ES is alive and well in your head; Washington is struggling but ES is a starter for now.

Are you aware of how Grand Canyon, Oklahoma, Nevada and Texas Tech are doing with players Marshall ran off are doing?

Do you have any questions about how Bob Richey is doing at Furman this season?
    How can Washington be struggling if they’re gonna win 25 games this year?

Wow, bringing up Bob Richey unprovoked now? Nice one! Impressive set of wins for the future HOF’er! Can’t wait to see him in action on Wednesday. Any predictions for that one?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamarius is the head scratcher. Would he even be starting on our team right now?

Comment

• NM

Comment

ES is alive and well in your head; Washington is struggling but ES is a starter for now.

Are you aware of how Grand Canyon, Oklahoma, Nevada and Texas Tech are doing with players Marshall ran off are doing?

Do you have any questions about how Bob Richey is doing at Furman this season?
          So I guess a starter on a struggling team is a step up. His shooting can probably be attributed to PTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Thinking you and the Faded Crown douche should hook up and enjoy a Fresca together. Sounds as though the two would have a good time discussing coaching analytics and Furman hoops.

That is all.
            That was funny as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Here we go. Note that players' ORtg are evaluated as 1.00 Points Per Possession contributed, including assists, turnovers, and shooting.

Nevada (3-1, KenPom #118) wins over teams ranked in KP #107, 132, and 175. They got blown out at home by San Francisco (KP #74) 85-60. Grant Sherfield currently has an ORtg of 91.9.

Washington (0-3, KenPom #105) with one of those losses coming to KenPom #165 UC Riverside at home 57-42. Erik Stevenson currently has an ORtg of 62.8 and is shooting an ice cold 23.1% from 3.

Grand Canyon (3-0, KenPom #157) with wins coming against powerhouses Grambling St (#332 in KP) and Mississippi Valley St (#357 and DEAD LAST KP). He's performing okay (105.2 ORtg), but for all his faults, Morris Udeze would be performing much better in the same situation. Their other opponent was a non-D1 opponent.

Texas Tech (4-1, KenPom #5) is currently doing well, but Jamarius Burton is shouldering a very light load offensively (13.6% usage rate), which is a good role for him. The players on our roster weren't quite good enough for that to be the case last year, and he is performing well in his role. He wouldn't have added a on offense this season but he would be a nice piece defensively for us if he were still here. Push.

Austin Reaves is the one that got away for me. I loved watching that kid in a Shocker uniform. He is currently #5 in KenPom's player of the year ranking. It's early, but he is playing well. He also would have been done after last season if he had not redshirted and stayed at WSU.

For 3 of these players, they all performed better for better teams here at WSU. You can argue that Marshall ran them off, but they were all better players here than they are currently elsewhere and Marshall was the driving force for that. Burton is a push as his role has changed, and Reaves is the one performing really well. In at least one case, the character of the individual transferring away was sub-par and he is performing as such. In another case, the character of the individual transferring away is high and he is performing better. The others, I really don't know.

You can't argue that Gregg Marshall brought his team's performance to a level that exceeded its talent, and CONSISTENTLY.
              FACTS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Jamarius is the head scratcher. Would he even be starting on our team right now?
                No.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How can Washington be struggling if they’re gonna win 25 games this year?

Wow, bringing up Bob Richey unprovoked now? Nice one! Impressive set of wins for the future HOF’er! Can’t wait to see him in action on Wednesday. Any predictions for that one?
                  Furman versus Cincinnati on Wednesday IMO is a toss-up. KenPom ranks Cincinnati #63 and Furman #64 this would be an important win for Furman if they can win it. They play another good opponent in Alabama (away #47)) on Dec 15th. If the virus quarantine resolves itself I plan to attend at least a couple (UNC Greensboro and Wofford) of their games.

Comment

Furman versus Cincinnati on Wednesday IMO is a toss-up. KenPom ranks Cincinnati #63 and Furman #64 this would be an important win for Furman if they can win it. They play another good opponent in Alabama (away #47)) on Dec 15th. If the virus quarantine resolves itself I plan to attend at least a couple (UNC Greensboro and Wofford) of their games.

Comment

God help us if Cincy loses that one

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

God help us if Cincy loses that one
                        Mick ain’t coaching them
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Jamarius is the head scratcher. Would he even be starting on our team right now?
                          Well, a key is that "if he were still here", who would we have not added? He didn't always start, but managed to play more minutes than anyone last year, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well, a key is that "if he were still here", who would we have not added? He didn't always start, but managed to play more minutes than anyone last year, I believe.
                            my guess is we don’t add Trevin Wade or bring in Gilbert. We had a serious need at PG after he and Sherfield bolted.

Comment

my guess is we don’t add Trevin Wade or bring in Gilbert. We had a serious need at PG after he and Sherfield bolted.
                              I'd take either of those over JB, and Gilbert a million times over.

Comment

We would have had a serious problem at point guard if both of them HAD stayed.

Comment

Working...
                                X