Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I imagine it'll end up here - https://www.radio.com/kfh/podcasts/k...n-demand-45219 - because other coaches show have, but haven't seen anything yet.
    Yeah, that's where I've been looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am not sure KFH is archiving the shows this year. Keitha Adams had her 1st coach's show last week and I have not been able to find a replay of that.
      The podcast for the last Gregg Marshall show (03-09-20) is found here. That link doesn't really help, but if you go to this KEYN link, which is of the same show and look on the right as you scroll down, you'll see under Recent On-Demand Audio, a link to the Isaac Brown Show.

Coach Isaac Brown Show 11_30_2020 | 103.7 KEYN (radio.com)
      Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 7, 2020, 08:48 PM. Reason: updated link.

Comment

• Thank you '79!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

At lease they're not doing the show from the Salty Iguana like Bill and Brian...

C'mon man!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I heard references on the show last night to having to practice 4 on 4. Do we still have walk-ons? Anyone know why they would not be practicing/ playing?

Also I found it kind of odd that they seemed to go to great lengths to avoid mentioning the five that were not playing tomorrow, even though Goodman’s tweet had been widely reported and discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              I heard references on the show last night to having to practice 4 on 4. Do we still have walk-ons? Anyone know why they would not be practicing/ playing?

Also I found it kind of odd that they seemed to go to great lengths to avoid mentioning the five that were not playing tomorrow, even though Goodman’s tweet had been widely reported and discussed.
              The walk ons are covid quarantined too
              Also the school likely has additional rules on what they are allowed to say since it's technically a student health issue.

Comment

• MK mentioned that this is the latest we have started the season in 47 years.

Comment

• I noticed MK didn't ask Isaac Brown about Josephat Bilau when he asked how the returning players and new players were doing. Maybe he just forgot to mention him. Is JB not able to play at all because of some injury? I know he had a nagging injury during the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I noticed MK didn't ask Isaac Brown about Josephat Bilau when he asked how the returning players and new players were doing. Maybe he just forgot to mention him. Is JB not able to play at all because of some injury? I know he had a nagging injury during the summer.
                    He also didn’t mention Clarence Jackson. Seems like more of an oversight than an indication of something else.

Come on, Mike. Write that **** down and ask about all the players. We need to be fed!

Comment

• Comment

• In my view this story is a non-story. The disparity between percentage of black D1 players vs. black head coaches is easily explained by a simple application of MERIT. The best, highest performing high school players get recruited to D1 programs and get pro career opportunities. Very simple and as it should be. There is a higher percentage of black head coaches than black persons in the US population. That is easily explainable by the shear number of black athletes in the sport, many of whom matriculate into coaching at some level.

I’m lost in why this is a skin color discussion at all. It should simply be a merit discussion. Society’s insistence on constantly making circumstances like this a race thing only does more to promote division than anything else. AD Boatright’s approach is spot on. Coach Brown certainly earned this opportunity based on merit and every other measure I’m aware of. I’ve no problem with pointing out he’s the first black head D1 coach in Kansas, that’s a notable fact. But leave it there; beyond that it doesn’t matter his race, only his performance and ability to manage the MANY aspects of being a high profile D1 program head coach. Continuity, availability, ability, player relationships, player trust, timing, are a few of the many reasons IHCIB deserved the opportunity. The program at Wichita State is not a first step program, it’s one that demands a seasoned and proven head coach. Race should not be a factor any more than it is with the players we recruit. In the end, we should hire the absolute best and most proven D1 head coach we can land. I’m glad IB is our interim coach and if he isn’t the next HC hire I hope he remains on the staff. He’s an excellent recruiter and relates very well to players on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                          https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...247603310.html

In my view this story is a non-story. The disparity between percentage of black D1 players vs. black head coaches is easily explained by a simple application of MERIT. The best, highest performing high school players get recruited to D1 programs and get pro career opportunities. Very simple and as it should be. There is a higher percentage of black head coaches than black persons in the US population. That is easily explainable by the shear number of black athletes in the sport, many of whom matriculate into coaching at some level.

I’m lost in why this is a skin color discussion at all. It should simply be a merit discussion. Society’s insistence on constantly making circumstances like this a race thing only does more to promote division than anything else. AD Boatright’s approach is spot on. Coach Brown certainly earned this opportunity based on merit and every other measure I’m aware of. I’ve no problem with pointing out he’s the first black head D1 coach in Kansas, that’s a notable fact. But leave it there; beyond that it doesn’t matter his race, only his performance and ability to manage the MANY aspects of being a high profile D1 program head coach. Continuity, availability, ability, player relationships, player trust, timing, are a few of the many reasons IHCIB deserved the opportunity. The program at Wichita State is not a first step program, it’s one that demands a seasoned and proven head coach. Race should not be a factor any more than it is with the players we recruit. In the end, we should hire the absolute best and most proven D1 head coach we can land. I’m glad IB is our interim coach and if he isn’t the next HC hire I hope he remains on the staff. He’s an excellent recruiter and relates very well to players on the roster.
                          I don't see the problem with pointing how much him being a D1 head coach matters to other black coaches in Kansas ... That's what I took from that story with some very good quotes from various people. It was also pointed out that he got the position because he was best positioned and qualified to lead the team this year.

TBH sounds like you are making a bigger deal out of it than the article did ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't see the problem with pointing how much him being a D1 head coach matters to other black coaches in Kansas ... That's what I took from that story with some very good quotes from various people. It was also pointed out that he got the position because he was best positioned and qualified to lead the team this year.

TBH sounds like you are making a bigger deal out of it than the article did ....
                            My point is not to make a “big deal” of it at all. It’s more to relate my pipe-dream of situations like this being handled in a color/race-blind way. I’m always disappointed when race becomes a narrative but it always does. It matters not to me what our HC looks like (within a dignified context of course!) and I wish it didn’t to others as well. I am so tired of divisions being drawn along race lines. All my best to IHCIB and our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Taylor Rocha is a smokeshow.
                              Darron Boatright is a schmeckwank.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Taylor Rocha is a smokeshow.
                                Darron Boatright is a schmeckwank.
                                I take it those aren't compliments... sorry, I'm old.

Comment

Working...
                                X