• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Taylor Rocha is a smokeshow.
    Darron Boatright is a schmeckwank.
    She is an attractive smokeshow!

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

My point is not to make a “big deal” of it at all. It’s more to relate my pipe-dream of situations like this being handled in a color/race-blind way. I’m always disappointed when race becomes a narrative but it always does. It matters not to me what our HC looks like (within a dignified context of course!) and I wish it didn’t to others as well. I am so tired of divisions being drawn along race lines. All my best to IHCIB and our team.
      I’m hesitant to post this because I’m sure it’s going to piss some people off...

However, although it might not matter to you what our HC looks like, I think it is important to at least consider that it might matter to others.

I don’t say this to try to make you look bad or to scold you, just an attempt to offer a different perspective.

Comment

• I think it is a little ironic that GM was accused by the media of being a racist but his coaching tree has multiple black head coaches in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m hesitant to post this because I’m sure it’s going to piss some people off...

However, although it might not matter to you what our HC looks like, I think it is important to at least consider that it might matter to others.

I don’t say this to try to make you look bad or to scold you, just an attempt to offer a different perspective.
          And that’s why our society is the way it is now. It shouldn’t matter at all. If it matters what somebody’s skin color is, then you should probably be labeled the “r” word.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I take it those aren't compliments... sorry, I'm old.
            One is a compliment.

From the Urban Dictionary:
            smokeshow
            A word to describe someone so hot that you basically see the smoke coming off them...

schmeckle
            Yiddish term for penis.
            Oh dear, it looks like I've got some schmutz on my schmeckle!

wank
            predominantely British term for masturbation

Schmeckwank = portmanteau of schmeckle and wank. Aka a Jackoff

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that’s why our society is the way it is now. It shouldn’t matter at all. If it matters what somebody’s skin color is, then you should probably be labeled the “r” word.
              Ok, I figured you would be one of the people to go that way with it.

You are viewing the situation through completely different lenses. Yes, we want to believe merit is the only thing we are that matters when it comes to employment and other opportunities in life. Unfortunately that has not been the case throughout history.

All I’m saying is that it’s one thing to say “a person can do anything they want as long as they have the right skills and experience”. It’s another step beyond that to see it actually happen.

Is seeing a black head coach at WSU enough to inspire kids or other coaches to believe they can do something similar? I don’t know but that’s what I was referring to in my original post. It’s possible that seeing people who look like oneself as coaches, politicians, actors, etc. is important because it shows, rather than says, that anything is actually possible if you work hard do the right things.

Comment

One is a compliment.

From the Urban Dictionary:
                smokeshow
                A word to describe someone so hot that you basically see the smoke coming off them...
                Oh, GREAT! NOW I have to figure out which one!

NM; thanks for that! You saved me a lot of detective work!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Oh yes I’m aware it matters to others, obviously very much. I’m trying to express how disappointed I am that it does. Like I said, a pipe-dream. I interact with races other than white on almost a 50/50 basis daily. I believe I’m colorblind. I wish the world were more that way, wouldn’t that be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

I believe I’m colorblind.
                    You aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                      I think it is a little ironic that GM was accused by the media of being a racist but his coaching tree has multiple black head coaches in it.
                      Well and the fact (at least in the Shaq situation)...Coach Marshall was DEFENDING another player for the hard "lazy" foul Shaq laid on Zach Brown. That there is definitely not anything racist.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

You aren't.
                        That can be said on both sides of the fence.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That can be said on both sides of the fence.
                          Absolutely. All of us are a product of our environment. The best we can do is try to be aware of where we may have blind spots or bad programming. That goes for everyone.

The bigger point is that black, brown, white, purple, we can agree that Boatright is a schmeckwank that was promoted the same way "Bunny" O'Neil was promoted at the end of Platoon.

Comment

• Is he our first bald head coach?

Comment

• Hope when we hire our permanent coach in the spring, that we just get the best guy we can get

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Is he our first bald head coach?
                                HCGM was pretty bald

Comment

Working...
                                X