Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trentoff9

but isnt he part of the shitstorm having been through it all?

why didnt they just wipe their hands with this and bring a completely disconnected dude in even as interim. bizarre.

he is still going to get roasted for this at every presser when they should be trying to move on to see what he saw/heard/thought of everything.
    There are plenty of stories over the years where and assistant coach serves as a counter-balance to an ultra-tough or abusive coach to support the players in the background. The bad cop/good cop scenario.

In any case, the Shocker players seem to be totally on board and positive about IHCIB. So if they the players are apparently totally on board with Coach Brown not sure why you want to invent some kind of big scandal over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by trentoff9

why didnt they just wipe their hands with this and bring a completely disconnected dude in even as interim. bizarre.
      Really not that bizarre. It is not unusual to see an assistant coach take over for dismissed head coach. There might have been a play to actually do this if you believe the Matta rumors. There not a lot of transparency at the moment in the athletic program to know what is the truth and not the truth.

he is still going to get roasted for this at every presser when they should be trying to move on to see what he saw/heard/thought of everything.
      I actually don't think that will happen. WSU really not on the national radar, so since Marshall was fired their mission is over. The local media is not really willing to go after difficult stories and they seem to like IB. The players seem to like IB. I'm sure the AD will have some canned line for him that everything is sealed and he cannot talk about anything he saw due to the agreement - end of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Really not that bizarre. It is not unusual to see an assistant coach take over for dismissed head coach. There might have been a play to actually do this if you believe the Matta rumors. There not a lot of transparency at the moment in the athletic program to know what is the truth and not the truth.

I actually don't think that will happen. WSU really not on the national radar, so since Marshall was fired their mission is over. The local media is not really willing to go after difficult stories and they seem to like IB. The players seem to like IB. I'm sure the AD will have some canned line for him that everything is sealed and he cannot talk about anything he saw due to the agreement - end of story.
        I watched a couple of the transfers games the last two days. They all mentioned they transferred from WSU. I was expecting the Marshall stuff to come up during the chatter but I didn't hear it mentioned once.

Comment

• Coaches Show tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            Coaches Show tonight?
            Yes according to this.

Coaches Shows - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Aj's still huh? Hopefully they are taking appropriate precautions .. don't need anymore team shut downs than necessary.
                Last edited by Stickboy46; November 30, 2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Aj's still huh? Hopefully they are taking appropriate precautions .. don't need anymore team shut downs that necessary.
                  Wow, excellent point! Meeting in a bar may not be the best move, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Aj's still huh? Hopefully they are taking appropriate precautions .. don't need anymore team shut downs that necessary.
                    At least they're not doing the show from the Salty Iguana like Bill and Brian...

Last edited by WstateU; December 1, 2020, 05:06 PM.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

At lease they're not doing the show from the Salty Iguana like Bill and Brian...

If your iguana is salty, you should probably try a shower.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Highlights so far:
                        • Not concerned about interim HC stuff. Just focused on preparing the kids and making sure they are good.
                        • Turned down a D1 head coaching position this offseason. Didn't feel it was the right opportunity for him at the time. Has had other opportunities and interviews as well.
                        • Most athletic team he has been a part of at WSU. But also the most young and inexperienced.
                        • Philosophy sounds about the same, especially on defense and getting in to set plays.
                        • Audio is terrible.

Comment

• "I sat on the bench in the NCAA Tournament and we were up 30 on Arizona. What we have here works, I'm not changing anything".

Comment

• Older guys are making sure the young ones know they don't care who has the best stats, it's only about winning games.

Welcome change from last year.

Comment

• I haven’t been able to listen. Has he mentioned who will play Wednesday?

Comment

• I couldn’t stand the poor audio and had to shut it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X