Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    After this year, IHCIB will have head coaching interviews elsewhere and probably Lou will also.
    IB said he had an opportunity for a head coaching gig this previous off season but didn’t feel it was the right fit. Pretty safe to assume he will have his choice of a few jobs next year now that the genie is out of the bottle.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      After this year, IHCIB will have head coaching interviews elsewhere and probably Lou will also.
      Lou could stay for an AHC role
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Just in case you posted without reading or comprehending, I'll quote myself as the answer to your question
        Let me repeat. Without knowing who the other candidates might be you have no idea if it will be risky or not.

Comment

• With the win over Houston, Brown gets to deal with another situation. Success.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Let me repeat. Without knowing who the other candidates might be you have no idea if it will be risky or not.
            Risk is relative. Any decision will be risky, perhaps some more than others. It would've been risky to keep fHCGM for that matter. Probably better to say that without knowing the candidates it is hard to judge the risk involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

As mentioned, a supportive Shocker fan and probably a good guy.
              But senility takes a toll on the elderly (see Joey B) and apparently is rearing its head in this case.
              I know you admire IB's job this season and he has done well. But he's had a LOT of help. LG and BK have been extremely helpful in the process.

However, discounting CJ's work @ NMSU (and prior) indicates a very short sighted outlook and one that is frankly, incompetent.
              The labeling of Baker as "MVC player" erodes any credibility you may have had. That was just plain silly.

I can assure you this - the decision has NOT been made. They are a number of factors and persons who will be factors involved in the final decision.
              Stay tuned.

That is all.
              Hold on. Did you just call Aargh old and senile?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Hold on. Did you just call Aargh old and senile?
                No, I did not.
                I did imply his comments were indicative of an older person appearing to show the first signs of senility.
                I stand by the statement...because they sounded like the babble of some guy who, if not senile, got much too far into a bottle of Jack and then started posting.
                That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• This is completely the wrong place for this post but it’s kind of in line with some of what we were discussing about talent level.

One of the things that makes this years team so good on offensive is their ability and willingness to penetrate the defense off the bounce.

At the same time they are, in my opinion, one of the best teams in recent memory at preventing dribble penetration by the other team without fouling.

Those two things are a big reason why we currently have an advantage over our opponents in free throws per game. WSU shoots 16.3 per game while our opponents shoot 11.8 (!).

Last year it was 14.4 to 14.7. The year before it was 12.8 to 15.1.

IMO, that is a direct result of the change in personnel from last year as well as improvement from Tyson and Dexter.

And before anyone attributes this solely to Isaac Brown vs Gregg Marshall, the 2016-2017 team (Baker, FVV final year) got to the line 17.3 times a game to their opponents 13.8.

Comment

• Shockref, you seem to know a little about what is going on with the search. Some people have assumed that Coach Brown and Jans might be the only people applying for the coaching job. Without naming any names, can you give us a sense of the interest in the coaching job?

Comment

No, I did not.
                      I did imply his comments were indicative of an older person appearing to show the first signs of senility.
                      I stand by the statement...because they sounded like the babble of some guy who, if not senile, got much too far into a bottle of Jack and then started posting.
                      That is all.
                      “Did you call me a c***sucker?!”

”No I didn’t. I said it was a c***sucking call.”
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        I don’t think anyone is NOT enjoying the ride... not the point in this discussion... the relative point STARTED way long ago about rebounding and ( IIRC) why hasn’t IHCIB done a better job on coaching it, which my original point was , he was not left with great natural rebounders ( I DO agree players can be coached to overcome lack of skill set to be better, but my point it takes time, which the Shockers are 17 games into a new regime ).... anyway, my contention which I now regret saying but don’t back off of at all, is that , EXCEPT FOR TYSON AND DEXTER( at times) the shockers had better talent( YES I KNOW THE CHEMISTRY WAS HORRIBLE.... we ALL do!!!!)
                        but Pie does not agree which is his right... I think most people are ecstatic about the “ the ride”
                        I agree, I also hope whatever coaching decision they make avoids disrupting the current chemistry.

Comment

No, I did not.
                          That is all.
                          I‘m sorry, no way, not Aargh!

Comment

• It’s probably already been posted but Andy Katz does a great interview with IB on his podcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                              It’s probably already been posted but Andy Katz does a great interview with IB on his podcast.
                              Not that I've seen posted. Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not that I've seen posted. Link?
                                Should be the first audio listed

Comment

Working...
                                X