Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You may know Great Bend but you sure don't know Wichita and the power structure around it.
    Of course you are correct, but only a fool would hand out a contract where the employee had 100% of the power.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Of course you are correct, but only a fool would hand out a contract where the employee had 100% of the power.
      If you give a horse it’s head, you better be choked up on the reigns. I think the AD that was put on that horse was used to a plodding pony with knotted reigns and a lead rope.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You heard from others on here who do more on contracts than I that Marshall’s contract wasn’t different from other contracts they’ve seen. He was being paid by outside sources lots of money. The 15 Million buyout in the contract was actually less than the contract was worth. That they split the difference, seems obvious to me that firing him for cause, wasn’t a sure deal (win or lose) for either side if it went to litigation and with the cost of litigation/lawyers, it made sense to settle. The biggest problem to me is that the wealthy people that would pay the buy out are Marshall friends and supporters and didn’t support the result in this Marshall v. WSU conflict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Should we all lose our jobs if we lie?
          Lying at work I will get you fired at most places of employments.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Lying at work I will get you fired at most places of employments.

So if I fart and a co-worker asks me if I did it, you are saying I have to admit it? Dangit...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

So if I fart and a co-worker asks me if I did it, you are saying I have to admit it? Dangit...
              Are you saying you wouldn't be proud of your fart?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Are you saying you wouldn't be proud of your fart?
                Depends on the co-worker. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You heard from others on here who do more on contracts than I that Marshall’s contract wasn’t different from other contracts they’ve seen. He was being paid by outside sources lots of money. The 15 Million buyout in the contract was actually less than the contract was worth. That they split the difference, seems obvious to me that firing him for cause, wasn’t a sure deal (win or lose) for either side if it went to litigation and with the cost of litigation/lawyers, it made sense to settle. The biggest problem to me is that the wealthy people that would pay the buy out are Marshall friends and supporters and didn’t support the result in this Marshall v. WSU conflict.
                  Yeah, I get that

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Why not? I would love to have multiple top recruits yearly even if for only 1 year.
                    We're not going to get any one and done players here even if Calipari was the coach. We're not a blueblood school. One and done players will go to Kentucky and other blueblood schools no matter who coaches them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

We're not going to get any one and done players here even if Calipari was the coach. We're not a blueblood school. One and done players will go to Kentucky and other blueblood schools no matter who coaches them.
                      Blueblood doesn't always lead to automatic success either (see Memphis, UK this year, etc.)

Comment

• Mike Miller could get big time recruits to Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by raider View Post
                          Mike Miller could get big time recruits to Wichita.
                          Imma need you to scroll up and find the button that says “log out”.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by raider View Post
                            Mike Miller could get big time recruits to Wichita.
                            Isn't he the one who is Penny's assistant - they don't coach - they just roll the ball out and hope for the best

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

Isn't he the one who is Penny's assistant - they don't coach - they just roll the ball out and hope for the best
                              He was. He was the one that did the actual coaching. He's not there this year

Comment

He was. He was the one that did the actual coaching. He's not there this year
                                Your saying that as if a lot of coaching was going on there last year. They have been very close to Kentucky on Recruiting rankings every year. It doesn’t seem that they were coached as well as they should have been any of Penny and Mike Miller’s years at Memphis. They may be worse off this year though.

Comment

Working...
                                X